The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, EmilyM said:

Why go through all the effort when they could just invest all their money in Charmin

They didn't anticipate the genius of marketing professionals in the paper industry and their ability to manipulate people into buying what they want them to buy.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Can't be long until they release a vaccine. The manufacturer will make billions and laugh and laugh about how easy it was to create a virus, cause panic and profit.

If that was the case then they'd be responsible for for 4633 deaths and counting. Also for disrupting multiple economies and causing businesses to lose out on a ton on money.

I think people would be wanting more than just their heads. They'd probably want them to watch as their families around them all slowly die in horrific ways.

1 minute ago, Canorth said:

Retired Nanny is not a health care profession 

Regardless, as a health care professional with a higher level of education than you who works the frontline with the most vulnerable... I overrule you and declare you to be fake news

I think he/she meant registered nurse.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

This is so out of control. 

one player gets sick and a whole league suspended??? And then it’s just down hill from here. Let the sky fall chicken little. 

I wonder how many players get the flu each year during a season and never has this even been a hint of anything to this magnitude as a measure of control. The flu kills too every year. 

So disappointed in the way our world leaders and business leaders are reacting to this. There has to be a better way to help prevent there is no stopping. The world is so obsessed with control. Let it run its course. 

Edited by Bertorama
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, kurtis said:

So do we all go mass buy something new guys ?!?!? :P I hear they have a good sale on tooth brushes at Walmart.. 

No no no.

You'll need to take all but 3 of the toothbrushes off the racks at a supermarket or drug store and take a picture of the rack.

Post the pic on twitter with a caption like - Corona Virus preppers buy out world supply of tooth brushes 

Make sure you invested in toothbrushes first though

13 minutes ago, dough teeth said:

As a healthcare practitioner, I can say that the corona virus is fake news

Just because it hasn’t exploded here doesn’t mean it won’t. It seems ignorant to assume what’s happening in Italy and other countries can’t come here and is overblown. The things that are happening around the world because of this virus are things we haven’t seen before in our lifetime. Why on earth would countries possibly cripple their and the global economy just for the sensationalism?

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Retired Nanny is not a health care profession 

Regardless, as a health care professional with a higher level of education than you who works the frontline with the most vulnerable... I overrule you and declare you to be fake news

if you are a true allied health professional and believe in hierarchical setting in the hospital setting rather than collaborative management, they you are either A) someone who has gotten their degree 50 years ago 

B ) a dick

• Haha 2

Just now, Petey40 said:

Just because it hasn’t exploded here doesn’t mean it won’t. It seems ignorant to assume what’s happening in Italy and other countries can’t come here and is overblown. The things that are happening around the world because of this virus are things we haven’t seen before in our lifetime. Why on earth would countries possibly cripple their and the global economy just for the sensationalism?

the majority of people that get it recover quickly

I would onyl be concerned if you have a suppressed immune system or older than 70

everyone else is over reacting

4 minutes ago, kurtis said:

So do we all go mass buy something new guys ?!?!? :P I hear they have a good sale on tooth brushes at Walmart.. 

Have you seen the people running for TP in Costco as soon as it opened in PoCo?

Kind of funny.

One liquor store had a promotion of a free roll of TP per case of corona you buy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If that was the case then they'd be responsible for for 4633 deaths and counting. Also for disrupting multiple economies and causing businesses to lose out on a ton on money.

I think people would be wanting more than just their heads. They'd probably want them to watch as their families around them all slowly die in horrific ways.

Freedom of commerce trumps any of your personal freedoms. 

It's not right or legal, but I thought this was just accepted as fact by now.

2 minutes ago, dough teeth said:

if you are a true allied health professional and believe in hierarchical setting in the hospital setting rather than collaborative management, they you are either A) someone who has gotten their degree 50 years ago 

B ) a dick

Settle down teeth. It was a joke 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dough teeth said:

the majority of people that get it recover quickly

I would onyl be concerned if you have a suppressed immune system or older than 70

everyone else is over reacting

there is no over reacting and people who don't take this seriously  are usually the ones that spread it. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dough teeth said:

If everyone gets it, they become immune to it. Get Corona Virus and overcome it (which is easy for the majority) then move on

Well with the current mortality rate of 3.4%, then 256 million people will die if everyone on the planet gets it.

If you're okay with that, you're okay with eugenics.

2 minutes ago, dough teeth said:

If everyone gets it, they become immune to it. Get Corona Virus and overcome it (which is easy for the majority) then move on

Not a good idea as it does have a ~3.4% mortality rate.  The more people that get it also, the greater the chance of it mutating for the worse.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

The flu kills 500-1500 people a year in Canada.  This has killed 1000 in a week in Italy.  It's not the flu

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza 

(USA only)