The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

What I would like to see (after this is over) is for every Canadian airport to have sanitizing mist spray that all passengers go through to decontaminate and sensors in secondary to screen for sick people.  Maybe just for pandemic discoveries instead of every day use.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

What I would like to see (after this is over) is for every Canadian airport to have sanitizing mist spray that all passengers go through to decontaminate and sensors in secondary to screen for sick people.  Maybe just for pandemic discoveries instead of every day use.

Controversial antibacterial ingredient now linked to inflammation and cancer

I think this is a problem going forward.

50 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

When we first moved to the U.S, we couldn’t stand filter coffee, we all used to smoke.

As we all slowly starting to go nicotine free, Turkish coffee became too strong.

There is one guy in Chicago that makes cevapi, tastes the same and his bread(somun) is just as good.

He used to own meat market in Bosnia before moving to the U.S.

Rakija is even more popular in Serbia And Croatia, so my pantry is full of it, I don’t drink though.
City has changed a lot since the war but visiting always takes me back.

Have you been anywhere else in that area?

Yeah, I've been to Croatia twice. Once in 2009 and again in 2017. Croatia (especially Dubrovnik) had changed a lot over that period of time, in my eyes at least. In 2009 I was a poor student and 2017 was my honeymoon. Loved both trips but they were quite different. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Toews said:

Is it worth it if the public and health care workers who are sick still don't have access to tests? I would love hockey back as well but i would like to do it when we have an excess of kits. It feels wrong to use our limited resources not to combat the spread of the virus but on getting our entertainment back. 

Maybe so, but we all know how the world works. Those with money get whatever they want when they want it.

The billionaire NHL owners will get whatever kits they want.  Rightly or wrongly.

16 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Just to be clear, by saying it’s “over there” (Okanagan, Calgary, Ontario, Quebec, USA), you are saying you’re against the 1 person per family once a week rule to social distancing?

You’re talking as if B.C. is the golden exception. 

Your defence is I should look within and correct my character?

I’m pretty sure 90% of the people frequenting this site, as well as any of the groceries around you are practicing the 1 person per family once a week rule. 

Attempt to gaslight all you want.

I am against it as a law, as the article you posted wants, in BC with the consideration in mind with how well BC has been doing throughout this, especially when the idea of tracking people is also proposed. 

What I'm for is proper social distancing and for people to consider those around them and to listen to our authorities on how to use the proper etiquette, and to do their best. 

I get it, people are anxious and scared during this crisis, and those emotions can come out in a variety of ways, such an increased level of panic and vigilantism when among people in grocery stores. 

Lastly, I don't think you know what gaslighting means.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Yeah, I've been to Croatia twice. Once in 2009 and again in 2017. Croatia (especially Dubrovnik) had changed a lot over that period of time, in my eyes at least. In 2009 I was a poor student and 2017 was my honeymoon. Loved both trips but they were quite different. 

I agree about Dubrovnik, last few years it has become an elite and expensive destination.

Don't get me wrong, even when my parents had their honeymoon in Dubrovnik 50 years ago, place was expensive.

My grandparents retired and moved to Split back in 1969, so as a kid I used to spend winters are summers there.

Sarajevo was cold in the winter and smoggy, also I wasn’t much of a skier, tried it after 1984 Olympic Games and didn’t like it.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Even if you are correct and it is 200 people, that is still NOTHING in an arena built for 20,000 spectators and a couple thousand more employees.

It would be pretty easy and safe to resume the NHL with no spectators in the arena imo. We shall see what the professionals say soon enough.

It would still be stupid. Hockey with out fans is like a hot dog without mustard, ketchup, onions and cheese. 

• Cheers 4

20 minutes ago, spur1 said:

It would still be stupid. Hockey with out fans is like a hot dog without mustard, ketchup, onions and cheese. 

6 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

It would be weird.

But i would prefer hockey to no hockey.  That is just me though...

Watched one of the last soccer matches played in Italy. 

No crowd. The quietness...

And the players could be heard communicating in the field.

I would suspect watching a crowdless hockey game would be like watching them at practice, combined with the passion any curling rink provides.

Edited by Me_

39 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I am against it as a law, as the article you posted wants, in BC with the consideration in mind with how well BC has been doing throughout this, especially when the idea of tracking people is also proposed. 

What I'm for is proper social distancing and for people to consider those around them and to listen to our authorities on how to use the proper etiquette, and to do their best. 

I get it, people are anxious and scared during this crisis, and those emotions can come out in a variety of ways, such an increased level of panic and vigilantism when among people in grocery stores. 

Lastly, I don't think you know what gaslighting means.

I agree that putting these measures into Law is an extremely risky move as it then puts the burden of undoing such Laws onto the public and that rarely happens.

Said like that, you’re right.

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

The irony is the people who cry about their rights and freedoms are the very reason we're being restricted to the degree we are.  If they thought about society, at all, and actually followed recommendations, we'd have fewer restrictions and this would be more tolerable. 

Exactly.

That’s why in big cities there is an intensity against the flouting few. 

Absolutely intolerable.

I wish I were the exception to this “vigilante” claim. But alas, many people are helping others see the light. You won’t find a line to stand in without someone saying something to someone else who isn’t social distancing.

The police, broke up a party near my house two days ago. About thirty people came out of there.

The ones that don’t abide by ethical rules established to flatten the curve but know they should, are the problem.

Most people who don’t know, whom when told become aware. Kudos! Well done!

May love fill your life.

Those people to are worth the effort.

Edited by Me_

2 hours ago, BPA said:

Schools won't reopen before September.  My kids school are already planning days that students (one at a time) can visit to pick up their belongings. 

One of the Elementary schools here had teachers in packing up kid's stuff and school supplies, boxing and setting them out in the parking lot with the kid's names on them to be picked up at a certain time/date for your household.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Its not about educating kids.... its about free daycare for workers going back to work.  Trying to salvage our economy. 

That is how  much BCers actually care about children's education.....

Sending your kids to daycare may be a choice between life and death for some time as the spread of germs is most rampant in such places. This virus would stick to kids like bur.

Kids become asymptomatic carriers and the whole thing catches like wildfire for a second round of total lockdown.

70 companies worldwide hope to have a vaccine ready by the hundreds of millions for September. 

Anything before that is a massive societal risk.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

One of the Elementary schools here had teachers in packing up kid's stuff and school supplies, boxing and setting them out in the parking lot with the kid's names on them to be picked up at a certain time/date for your household.

We packed up everything last week and left out on the curb for parents to pick up.  Our admin said she doesn't think there's anyway we go back.

• Cheers 2