The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

I miss my visits to Vancouver.... I love that beautiful city... I was born there but now live in PG. please take of care of the most beautiful city on the planet. 

The North remembers :wub:

Edited by Canorth
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Athlete 

image.thumb.png.519661f00f54a19ff62493376ced42bf.png

image.png

Here's the thing...you don't have to be a physical specimen or even particularly athletic to participate in..athletics.

"Sports" are competitive games/events to me but should involve some form of "movement" as well as skill.  Which is why I feel golf is a sport/athletic event but poker really is not.  Poker involves stamina and endurance but no real physical exertion.  Golf - you're swinging/moving, walking long distances.  

That's my two cents.  And off topic in Covid is sometimes not a bad thing?  Momentary reprieves from the arguing and going around in circles.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Are you telling me it doesn't take strength and agility to make a ball go far?

Perhaps shooting a puck into the back of the net isn't athleticism either? It's kind of the same idea if you think about it.

Just because they walk instead of run doesn't mean it doesn't involve some sort of hand-eye coordination (which absolutely falls into the definition you gave).

Chess also involves hand-eye coordination... lol

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Chess also involves hand-eye coordination... lol

Honestly, there could be a valid argument there too. For example, there's a reason why the term "e-sports" exists. ;)

That being said, I can see where there has to be a line drawn. lol

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Vancouver is the best city on the planet.

In fact the way team Canada was treated by Vancouver fans could have given the team the motivation they needed. 

You sleep through the 2010 olympics? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I can see governments, cdc, who, etc ramming this through as quickly as possible.

The process is there to ensure safety and save lives. They might want to ram it through but the CDC and WHO are scientific organizations and won't cut corners just to make politicians happy. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You sleep through the 2010 olympics? 

I don't understand?

We were talking about '72.

For 2010 I GM'd a nightclub on Granville. We also opened in the day times to air all the team Canada hockey games. Packed in 500+  patrons per game and helped give them the party of their lives. We were a part of what made Van soo great during that event. You're welcome Canada. 

One of the best experiences I've ever been part of.. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What still blows my mind is this situation is like you are on the Titanic. Once the ship has hit the iceberg. The lifeboats are the only real chance. But economists go on about getting back to business and work. There is an element of survival yes. We all want to survive. But you can throw all the money you want at the crewmen putting people in the lifeboats. Unless that's helping thier families, offering money is useless. 

What's all your money going to do when you are in the Atlantic in near freezing water?

Maybe this is a warning to the world. We've seen how fast once pollution stops how nature repairs itself. Maybe Mother Nature is giving us a last warning. To get our crap together and try making the world a better place for all. Not just the pursuit of wealth and power. 

I'll buy that, but many of those with wealth and in power won't easily give it up.

• Upvote 1

Just now, naslund.is.king said:

Its been nothing but coronavirus on the news and of course the one time we get a break its a mass shooting in canada:(

More then 10 dead 1 RCMP

Yeah, I saw that story this morning and thought the exact same thing.

Tornadoes is the states, shooting in Canada, mafia using the crisis to make inroads in Italy......the only breaks we get are more bad news....

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Its been nothing but coronavirus on the news and of course the one time we get a break its a mass shooting in canada:(

More then 10 dead 1 RCMP

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, I saw that story this morning and thought the exact same thing.

Tornadoes is the states, shooting in Canada, mafia using the crisis to make inroads in Italy......the only breaks we get are more bad news....

How awful,

I don't understand the details yet.

He seemed to be mobile, killings spread out.

He had a fake cruiser and RCMP Uni?

Wish they hadn't killed him, I would like these types kept alive to endure suffering and pain for the rest of their incarcerated miserable life. Death is the easy way out. 

• Upvote 3