The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, dough teeth said:

the majority of people that get it recover quickly

I would onyl be concerned if you have a suppressed immune system or older than 70

everyone else is over reacting

15% of cases require hospitalization, it will overwhelm the healthcare systems and cause more people to die because of it. That’s exactly what is happening in Italy. Just because I’m young and not going to die from it doesn’t mean I shouldn’t care about everyone around me. What happens if I get it and give it to my father with diabetes because I don’t know I have it? A lot of cases people are asymptomatic but are still highly infectious. Don’t panic but not taking this seriously will cause much more damage than taking it seriously. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

Well with the current mortality rate of 3.4%, then 256 million people will die if everyone on the planet gets it.

If you're okay with that, you're okay with eugenics.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Not a good idea as it does have a ~3.4% mortality rate.  The more people that get it also, the greater the chance of it mutating for the worse.

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

there is no over reacting and people who don't take this seriously  are usually the ones that spread it. 

its how the planet deals with overpopulation :S

• Wat 2

Just now, Petey40 said:

Dude just because people give a $&!# about their parents and grandparents doesn’t mean they’re overreacting. Get over yourself and stop spreading misinformation.

okay, then self quarantine yourself until the virus is over. don't leave the house, don't take transit, don't go anywhere

Just now, Lionized27 said:

Expected response from a troll.

Deflect.

not a troll. just because i have different opinions from you doesn't make me a troll

not going to talk about this on an online forum cause i don't want to get banned or trigger anymore. 

talk to your doctor if you're concerned

just saying that if you come to the hospital to get swabbed to see if you have corona virus, 99% of the time you will get turned away because we are already overworked.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, dough teeth said:

the majority of people that get it recover quickly

I would onyl be concerned if you have a suppressed immune system or older than 70

everyone else is over reacting

Not if you have family in the vulnerable age group and don’t want to spread it. Not if you work directly with immunocompromised and might spread it to your patient... you know, like an RN

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dough teeth said:

okay, then self quarantine yourself until the virus is over. don't leave the house, don't take transit, don't go anywhere

Literally no one is saying to do that, but calling it fake news is incredibly ignorant.  Countries don’t go on full lock down for the laughs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Canorth said:

Not if you have family in the vulnerable age group and don’t want to spread it. Not if you work directly with immunocompromised and might spread it to your patient... you know, like an RN

just letting you know the mindset of the majority of doctors and RN at hospitals in the lower mainland..

Just now, luckylager said:

Freedom of commerce trumps any of your personal freedoms. 

It's not right or legal, but I thought this was just accepted as fact by now.

If you cost billionaires and a majority of governments a lot of money and they found out then they'd want payback. In this sort of scenario you aren't costing a few places money/lives/stress but the majority of the global world. Crime/Government/Business.

It is essentially as you say but at an overly extreme level.

They wouldn't probably wouldn't publicly execute you on the streets but I could see a lot of them wanting extreme retribution behind closed doors. Like said persons children/family members disappearing, etc. All morals would be thrown out the window. You potentially could bring the worst out of humanity.

You'd have to get caught though. They'd be playing the biggest risk/reward game in the world in this sort of scenario.

1 minute ago, dough teeth said:

not a troll. just because i have different opinions from you doesn't make me a troll

not going to talk about this on an online forum cause i don't want to get banned or trigger anymore. 

talk to your doctor if you're concerned

just saying that if you come to the hospital to get swabbed to see if you have corona virus, 99% of the time you will get turned away because we are already overworked.

Getting swabbed without signs of the flu is useless. I get it. Unless you're showing symptoms, why burden the system?

Answer my questions and maybe we we'll take you a little more seriously.

To all of you saying Corona is fake news or it gets exaggerated:

I also thought so until a couple of days ago. Yes it is not much

worse than the regular flu at the first sight BUT

- Mortality rate is higher, flu is 0.1% while Corona is about 0.7-2.0% 

- We have a vaccine for the regular flu not for Corona

- Most people have antibodies/resistency for the regular flu, therefore 

it doesn't spread as well as Corona

- The INCUBATION TIME is up to 2 weeks, means people are sick and

don't even know it and then infect others

- What if the virus mutates?

- If most of worlds population gets sick within a couple of months all

medicine and treatment will be out and mortality could go up

All things considered this will not end the world but it has/will have 

huge impact on daily lives, economies and so on..

Remember all the previous "fears" like SARS and the swine flu??

There was also some panic but nothing got cancelled.. this time its different,

unfortunately

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, dough teeth said:

just letting you know the mindset of the majority of doctors and RN at hospitals in the lower mainland..

Of course you are going to be bombarded with the paranoid. Of course you and everyone in your profession will RIGHTLY be stressed out dealing with phantom cases. Of course it sucks.

That doesn't make it fake news.

• Thanks 1