The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, Bell said:

Wasn't Sheer charged with using taxpayers funds to fund his children's education.  If that's true, how is he still at the helm of the Consevatives.

He was outed, but AFAIK, he wasn't charged with anything.....

• Cheers 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

There was an article that I posted about this a couple of days ago.....

It quoted the Cons as wanting to hold the Liberals accountable (paraphrasing) on COVID19. In other words, they want more opportunity to hold JT's feet to the fire....

did it mention proroguing specifically? 

@Jimmy McGill A different article, but this sounds pretty much like the quote:

But Scheer told reporters Sunday afternoon that the other parties’ negotiated offer isn’t good enough.

“Team Canada needs to be able to ask questions more than just once a week,” the Conservative leader said. There are questions to be asked about needed medical supplies, emergency benefit coverage, senior care, and the plan to reopen the Canadian economy, he said.  

“The best place for our elected representatives to get answers to these questions is in the House of Commons in Ottawa,” Scheer said. 

He also provided this little bit of misinformation:

When questioned about why virtual sittings couldn’t be established, the Conservative leader said virtual sittings aren’t possible at the moment and parliamentarians “cannot wait for the weeks and weeks that it may take the House of Commons administration” to provide the technology.

I should point out here that these "Virtual sittings" he mentions are pretty much what I do here at the college and Scheer's claim that it would take "weeks and weeks" to implement is laughable.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/scheer-irresponsible-for-wanting-to-resume-parliament-amid-covid-19-trudeau/ar-BB12Tsha?li=AAggNb9

• Thanks 4

Whenever we have Olympic games (summer or winter) I always hope for ABUSA to win. It stands for Anybody But United States of America! I usually meet (for the last 20 years) with the same people at Yellow Point Lodge (Near Ladysmith) starting the the last weekend in June. This year we have been having ZOOM meetings as we don't know if the lodge will be open at the end of June. The same people come back each year, and many are from the states. On meeting them, they almost always say, "I didn't vote for Trump", and they seem very embarrassed that he is their president.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Whenever we have Olympic games (summer or winter) I always hope for ABUSA to win. It stands for Anybody But United States of America! I usually meet (for the last 20 years) with the same people at Yellow Point Lodge (Near Ladysmith) starting the the last weekend in June. This year we have been having ZOOM meetings as we don't know if the lodge will be open at the end of June. The same people come back each year, and many are from the states. On meeting them, they almost always say, "I didn't vote for Trump", and they seem very embarrassed that he is their president.

I think there are millions of Americans who are embarrassed by Donald Trump. Unfortunately, there seem to be almost as many who believe he can do no wrong.

It's a cult of personality without the personality....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

This saddens me. As much as I get tired of the whinging coming from Alberta and how much I'm enjoying cheaper gas, this is extremely detrimental to the country at large.

It actually amazes me that the US hasn't called out the Saudis on this. KSA needs the USA far more than the other way around....

28 minutes ago, Bell said:

Wasn't Sheer charged with using taxpayers funds to fund his children's education.  If that's true, how is he still at the helm of the Consevatives.

Bingo!

How is our finance minister still there?

Our PM?

Crooks I tell you.

26 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This saddens me. As much as I get tired of the whinging coming from Alberta and how much I'm enjoying cheaper gas, this is extremely detrimental to the country at large.

It actually amazes me that the US hasn't called out the Saudis on this. KSA needs the USA far more than the other way around....

really? at this point? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Here you go :)

image.png.96d1a07a166ad0b5658aad87988bcedc.png

Oh, I wasn't disputing the premature victory lap.....that's like predicting the sun will come up tomorrow....

I was looking for the part where Bone Spurs publicly criticizes MBS.....

• Cheers 1