The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

Yeah that's not in there

I didn't think so. I did some searching and other than a vague reference to "pressure from Trump" without any specifics, I couldn't find any evidence.

I thought maybe there was something in the NYT article that I couldn't open, which is why I gave the poster a chance to post an example from his source.

BTW: Interesting how the Times is a legit source when it (almost) says something one agrees with, n'est-ce pas?

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, juwanski said:

Since we doing the blame game can I see a post from the W.H.O calling out China for not allowing their docs into Wuhan. It's almost as if it's the same kind of situation where you can't froce other nations to do things.

Who's playing the blame game?

All I did was wonder why Bone Spurs is so reluctant to call out the Saudis.....you seemed to disagree, so I asked you to post an example.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, juwanski said:

What I have learned from this thread.

1. The spread of covid is trumps fault.

2. We should all blindly accept the rules that are being introduced without any thought since we are not experts.

The ccp and who did everything in their power to stop the spread of covid.

3. There is no such thing as fear mongering anymore it's just being proactive.

4. The country will only reopen when there is a vaccine.

5. Communism will save us all.

6. Trumps bad.

This is great that you sum it up FOR US.

Here's my take though, since I think you missed the mark for some of us.

1.  The spread of covid is something that required urgent action and Trump initially thought he could tweet it away.  Because greatness.  The fact that one of ("the"?) most powerful nations in the world with tools at its disposal to "fight" threats is failing, miserably, to do so speaks volumes.  The leader gets the brunt of it because "it's his authority" to do what he wants as President.  According to him anyways.  But he'd rather blame others when things go awry and take credit if/when they don't.  Fence sitting & indecisive except when he's very decisive then he pretends they weren't his ideas and deflects and points fingers elsewhere.  We only have to check those Tweets of greatness to remind him of what he's said/done.

2.  No one's really blindly accepting things....we are intelligent human beings and have enough information at our disposal to research and decide

3.  Fear mongering something that's killing people at a rapid pace when given a path to is probably justified.  What's not is poopoo'ing it away and ignoring steps that will prevent it from exploding (even more) down the road.

4. The country reopening is a rather complex deal and you've dumbed it down.  Baby steps will eventually lead to a full on return to "normal" (however that may look in the future) when the time is right.  It isn't a matter of flipping a sign around on the front door.  

5.  What will save us (not all, unfortunately) is doing the things to prevent the spread of this virus as much as possible.

6.  Correct.  Except it's "Trump's".

Now whose dup are you?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, juwanski said:

Please explain to my feeble little mind what lessons I have not learned in this thread.

This will be a waste of my time but sure.

What Juwanski has learned from this thread.

1. The spread of covid is trumps fault.  -- no body that i recall is placing direct blame for the global spread on trump, in america however he deserves every bit of criticism. Trump was ill prepared, had the most time to react (along with Canada), is getting hit the hardest, minimized/downplayed the virus for a month before taking it seriously.

2. We should all blindly accept the rules that are being introduced without any thought since we are not experts. -- this makes no sense. There is nothing blind about. The thought is simple, flatten the curve by abiding by the rules that experts have set out (you know doctors, virologists, epidemiologists etc). It makes sense. Say a doctor diagnoses you diabetes and tells you to cut down on soda, this would be like you saying "im not going to blindly cut down on soda because i am not an expert".

The ccp and who did everything in their power to stop the spread of covid. -- actually the very opposite has been said... repeatedly

3. There is no such thing as fear mongering anymore it's just being proactive. -- there are always going to be some drama queens/kings (on both sides) but more people are being quite rational about this. It is real and should be respected, that's all.

4. The country will only reopen when there is a vaccine. -- has anybody said this? The government certainly hasn't. A vaccine could be a year away.

5. Communism will save us all. -- No. This is ridiculous and gives your position zero credibility.

6. Trumps bad. - see point 1.

• Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, juwanski said:

Since we doing the blame game can I see a post from the W.H.O calling out China for not allowing their docs into Wuhan. It's almost as if it's the same kind of situation where you can't froce other nations to do things.

Sure

Just as soon as you show us examples of communism here in Canada like you claimed in your now infamous list

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Hey @debluvscanucks Do you think you could bring the Trump talk to the Trump thread?  I'm here trying to get info on the virus and there seems to be a lot of derailing going on here.  Thanks

Lots of fear mongering, political BS and not much info about health, nutrition or anything actually productive.  

Kind of like somebody's press conferences in DC.:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

@Jimmy McGill A different article, but this sounds pretty much like the quote:

He also provided this little bit of misinformation:

I should point out here that these "Virtual sittings" he mentions are pretty much what I do here at the college and Scheer's claim that it would take "weeks and weeks" to implement is laughable.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/scheer-irresponsible-for-wanting-to-resume-parliament-amid-covid-19-trudeau/ar-BB12Tsha?li=AAggNb9

What it pretty much comes down to is he won't have the publicity to his hard core socially if him making a huge stink

A couple of questions for you guys and girls. I thought I saw that one of the problems in the US of getting out the payments to people was that some of the computers were still using COBOL and were from the 60's and 70's. Can this be correct?

Secondly, with the USA being so good in Nobel Prizes, technology companies, some excellent Universities, and so on, why can it not get an easy way for EVERY eligible voter to get a vote?

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Hey @debluvscanucks Do you think you could bring the Trump talk to the Trump thread?  I'm here trying to get info on the virus and there seems to be a lot of derailing going on here.  Thanks

Lots of fear mongering, political BS and not much info about health, nutrition or anything actually productive.  

Sorry but in a world wide pandemic Trump is the leader of a nation that we share a border with so it's relevant to discuss his actions as part of Covid developments as they unfold.

I mean, if you watch the news or follow any of this you'll see how Trump/the US ties in to what happens here.  Particularly when the borders are set to reopen in weeks and our PM is in negotiations with him.  The two are obviously tied together and worthy of discussion.  As Trump pushes for decisions that will impact us, there will be some discussion that involves Trump. 

Please read the rules about mini modding and how to report things rather than address them in thread please/thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, wloutet said:

A couple of questions for you guys and girls. I thought I saw that one of the problems in the US of getting out the payments to people was that some of the computers were still using COBOL and were from the 60's and 70's. Can this be correct?

Secondly, with the USA being so good in Nobel Prizes, technology companies, some excellent Universities, and so on, why can it not get an easy way for EVERY eligible voter to get a vote?

It is. I posted an article on this a couple of weeks ago.

IIRC, it was Unemployment benefits that were being held up, but it may have caused issues with stimulus checks as well. (Not sure about that) And yes, they are still using COBOL

• Vintage 1