The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

17 hours ago, BPA said:

#Fakenews 

There is a very credible CDC poster here that stated in this thread that Trump was ahead of the curve for promoting Hydrocholoroquine and even posted credible links.

:rolleyes:

all jokes aside, its too bad it turned out this way, even a slight benefit would have been nice to see. But, they are still testing 3 other drugs currently on the market so hopefully one of those gives us an edge. 

thankfully the rush to have everyone and anyone put together a ventilator doesn't look like its going to be needed either. As someone in the medical device industry that one gave me nightmares. 

1 hour ago, Pickly said:

It’s no different here in Vancouver. Signs everywhere reminding me to practice common sense. It’s like living in a totalitarian dystopia.

wouldn't a country run by common sense be a good thing? 

• Cheers 3

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

wouldn't a country run by common sense be a good thing? 

Oh for sure. My day to day hasn’t changed much at all since this began to be honest. One of the lucky ones. Only thing I’m missing is sports on TV. 

• Cheers 2

"US far right seeks ways to exploit coronavirus and cause social collapse". 

This topic has reemerged due to a failed bombing attempt at a hospital last month and because they are trying  to take credit for the mass shooting in NS. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/05/us-far-right-seeks-ways-to-exploit-coronavirus-and-cause-social-collapse

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/939xwy/neonazis-and-conspiracy-theorists-are-seizing-upon-the-nova-scotia-shooting

Edited by Canada Hockey Place

45 minutes ago, Violator said:

How are they just doing all of this now?

I've refused to get any sort of "take out" food/drinks for fear of this.  Everyone in food production of any sort SHOULD be wearing gloves and a mask.  

• Thanks 1

There are positives during his horrible crisis...some takeaways.  I know that I've been driving on the same tank of gas for a month now, as I rarely go anywhere except necessary shopping trips each week.

Animals and the earth are benefiting from the massive shutdowns we're seeing.  A bit of breathing room for them....

https://www.onegreenplanet.org/environment/victories-nature-celebrate-earth-day/?fbclid=IwAR04nr0sRxvpniq5xuumoXK6lWhpvsZ1jEB13gsbTPECpdGLhvGBdr05O3g

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

To me Vancouver seems like an ideal spot for this - two big hotels right beside Rogers where you could actually separate teams by a floor between them, easy to manage food service, etc. and just walk to the rink. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1