The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

And that's just it. They'd have to be caught and proven guilty, which would never happen because they have the resources to wriggle out of any sort of implication.

Big picture though, I'm cynical and have an undying belief that corporations and the people in charge of them are evil by nature. Their only motivation in life is the accumulation of wealth, which they will stop at nothing to get.

They'd have to be crazy amounts of smart and careful. You're aren't just messing with a few people but the entire world. The people they're messing with are not all stupid either.

All it would take is one guy/group among everyone to decide to act radically with the money and power they have to destroy your life in order to get payback. Like we've discussed though you'd have to be caught.

A dangerous scenario not just for the person but anyone associated with them. It would be the most grandest risk/reward move in the history of this world. Like playing cards with the devil betting with the lives of you and the people you care about for billions. Not sure i'd play at that table.

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

My prediction, games will be played with no fans, and before or during the weekend they suspend the season.

Well the Panthers and Sens have been doing it all year so let’s just cancel the season and let them play a best of seven for the Cup this year

Edited by EmilyM
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wanless said:

Corona virus likely only affects people who are in an age group. I think it's 60 and over. And who are immune compromiswd

The flu affects everyone, but usually the people who are over 60 and immune compromised die.

The stats you posted aren't apples to apples.

There's also people saying this could be the next Spanish flu, but the Spanish flu affected everyone and killed everyone so they are not similar at all.

What are you trying to say?

Corona has a higher mortality than the regular flu, I don't see your point.

The Spanish Flu did not kill everyone? Not sure if you trolling or misinformed here?

Mortality rate is not safe to say but seems between 2.5%-20%

So yes if you compare the flu with Corona you can also compare it with the Spanish Flu..

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Nathancanuck said:

What are you trying to say?

Corona has a higher mortality than the regular flu, I don't see your point.

The Spanish Flu did not kill everyone? Not sure if you trolling or misinformed here?

Mortality rate is not safe to say but seems between 2.5%-20%

So yes if you compare the flu with Corona you can also compare it with the Spanish Flu..

The Spanish flu killed all age ranges and health conditions

And yes the mortality rate is higher in covid than the regular flu, but the samples are greatly different meaning the flu effects all ages and health types, covid effects primarily older people and people with weaker immune systems. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

14 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

The thing to keep in mind about the Spanish flu is it came in waves. 3 separate waves to be exact with the second wave being by far the most deadly one. We are currently in the first wave of COVID-19. Don’t panic but be sufficiently worried and think of the others around you. The more people this virus infects the higher possibility of a mutation. It’s a bad idea to think of a virus that we’ve never seen before and have no vaccine for as similar to the flu. 

Yeah, the Spanish Flu had a 20% mortality rate or something like that , and Ebola had a greater death rate (although the spread was contained).

Edited by Pete M

42 minutes ago, dough teeth said:

If everyone gets it, they become immune to it. Get Corona Virus and overcome it (which is easy for the majority) then move on

Actually they dont.  Apparently it can hit you multiple times, each time worse than the ladt

2 minutes ago, Nathancanuck said:

Source? I heard you can only have it once..

https://globalnews.ca/news/6623287/coronavirus-multiple-infections/

Last week, the Japanese government reported that a woman in her 40s, who had been working as a tour bus guide, had been re-infected with the coronavirus, testing positive after having recovered from an earlier infection.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why people are upset that the government is taking precautions.  Is it not better to be safe than sorry?

What if they just played it off as the flu and the spread becomes unmanageable because now there's a shortage of medical supplies and healthcare workers leading to deaths that were preventable.  We'd be pissed af that they didn't do more precautionary measures.  

My parent's are in their 60's and in the "vulnerable" age group.  They better be taking precautions cause no way in hell I'd be happy knowing my parents got it due to the lack of urgency from the government.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wanless said:

Corona virus likely only affects people who are in an age group. I think it's 60 and over. And who are immune compromiswd

The flu affects everyone, but usually the people who are over 60 and immune compromised die.

The stats you posted aren't apples to apples.

That is objectively not true.  Covington 19 kills all ages ranges (except under 10) at a higher rate than the flu does.

D4BA37D3-A680-4D0C-8E0A-0722B3B0AB28.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6623287/coronavirus-multiple-infections/

Last week, the Japanese government reported that a woman in her 40s, who had been working as a tour bus guide, had been re-infected with the coronavirus, testing positive after having recovered from an earlier infection.

That's concerning.. not proven yet but concerning at the very least..

"Stanley Perlman, a coronavirus expert at the University of Iowa told Global News that when it comes to these cases, officials need to determine whether the patients are really re-infected, or if the virus was “never really cleared” from their bodies."

3 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

I don't understand why people are upset that the government is taking precautions.  Is it not better to be safe than sorry?

What if they just played it off as the flu and the spread becomes unmanageable because now there's a shortage of medical supplies and healthcare workers leading to deaths that were preventable.  We'd be pissed af that they didn't do more precautionary measures.  

My parent's are in their 60's and in the "vulnerable" age group.  They better be taking precautions cause no way in hell I'd be happy knowing my parents got it due to the lack of urgency from the government.

To prevent getting the disease you would use the same precautions as the flu. For example both the flu and Coronavirus are transmitted via contact and droplets so if you don’t want either wash your hands and don’t let other people cough on you etc. If you have the flu or virus already wear a mask to prevent the virus going to other people. This virus is very similar to the flu as well in terms of mortality rates.. I don’t understand the need for mass panic when most people can’t differentiate whether they have the flu or the virus.. Just take your routine percautions and all should be okay.

If you are old or a baby you need to be extra protective of yourself just like you would be when it’s flu season..

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

16 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They'd have to be crazy amounts of smart and careful. You're aren't just messing with a few people but the entire world. The people they're messing with are not all stupid either.

All it would take is one guy/group among everyone to decide to act radically with the money and power they have to destroy your life in order to get payback. Like we've discussed though you'd have to be caught.

A dangerous scenario not just for the person but anyone associated with them. It would be the most grandest risk/reward move in the history of this world. Like playing cards with the devil betting with the lives of you and the people you care about for billions. Not sure i'd play at that table.

All depends who's in on it.

We witnessed how effective short selling and stock manipulation is in 2008, global economies crashed, millions lost their investments yet some profited huge from it. This could be a very organized and well executed plan.

Then again, I love conspiracy theories and watch too many movies.