The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

58 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

No no no...fake news.

Petey's been playing poker with us here....

Hey look, this thing has been a complete blindside to all and if a guy isn't breaking his country's rules/guidelines and can skate, that's his business.  That's how I feel.

As Marky said in his interview "It's everyone's personal responsibility to take care of self/family".  Petey's taking care of self.  Good for us.

THEY JUST JEALOUS....LEAVE PETEY ALONE OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN, "INSIDERS".

Don't worry Deb they are all jealous of me, I stay in Vancouver forever, I promise...  :)

And on a serious note, I think Petey and Marky should do whatever is right for them.  Marky lost his father this year so he has every right to be in Sweden right now with his family.  And of course he is going to skate as he is rehabbing his injury and he needs to keep in shape for the eventual return of the season.  As for Petey, he is still young and I am sure he misses his family who he doesn't see at all until the summer.  Sweden is taking a big hit on this COVID-19 as well, so they should be there to support their families through this difficult time.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

New cases:  71

Total:  1,795

VCH: 745

FH. 747

VI. 110

Int. 153
North. 40

Outbreaks!  3 new ones in ltc facilities (all in Fraser Health)

20 ongoing outbreaks in ltc/assisted living

4 long term outbreaks that were active are now over (FH)

77 cases Mission Correctional. 5 inmates in hospital

28 cases - poultry processing plant

103 hospitalized

46 in ICU

1,079 fully recovered

3 additional deaths :( (all in ltc)

Total:  90

The new community outbreaks are of concern and mean we have more work to do in breaking chains of transmission.  We can't afford weaknesses in our firewall...it's why we have to keep going with this.  It's not yet time to let the guard down because it will undo all we've done.

So many good analogies out there:  not finishing antibiotics because "you feel better".  The rate of descent has slowed, cut the parachute off.

Also...Dr. Bonnie got teary and emotional at the end while addressing her friends in NS.  She's a wonderful human being.

• Like 3

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

Sweden       16,004 cases up 682 from yesterday. 1937 deaths up 172.

Canada       39,884 cases up 1,462                            1969 deaths up 135

Sweden has 27% of Canada's population.

so far it looks like the Swedish approach is the wrong one.

Edited by gurn
New B.C. numbers now included.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

FH. 747

VI. 110

Int. 153
North. 40

103 hospitalized

46 in ICU

1,079 fully recovered

The new community outbreaks are of concern and mean we have more work to do in breaking chains of transmission.  We can't afford weaknesses in our firewall...it's why we have to keep going with this.  It's not yet time to let the guard down because it will undo all we've done.

So many good analogies out there:  not finishing antibiotics because "you feel better".  The rate of descent has slowed, cut the parachute off.

Also...Dr. Bonnie got teary and emotional at the end while addressing her friends in NS.  She's a wonderful human being.

So these new numbers include the chicken shack? Someone mentioned yesterday those cases were included in yesterday's numbers. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

Sweden       16,004 cases up 682 from yesterday. 1937 deaths up 172.

Canada       39,884 cases up 1,462                            1969 deaths up 135

Sweden has 27% of Canada's population.

so far it looks like the Swedish approach is the wrong one.

it's like the World Juniors all over again....

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I can't stand Westjet.  I will never use that crappy airline again.

Well the Fed Liberals essentially "forgave" Air Canada's debt to let them get an unfair advantage over the now defunct Canadian Airlines.  Air Canada is hardly better.

27 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

FH. 747

VI. 110

Int. 153
North. 40

103 hospitalized

46 in ICU

1,079 fully recovered

Kinda wonder if we'll see a few spikes like this over the next week or so due to people travelling around over the Easter long weekend.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Well the Fed Liberals essentially "forgave" Air Canada's debt to let them get an unfair advantage over the now defunct Canadian Airlines.  Air Canada is hardly better.

Air Canada is 10 times better that westjet.

Westjet reminds me of flying on Allegiant.  No thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Kinda wonder if we'll see a few spikes like this over the next week or so due to people travelling around over the Easter long weekend.

More like..... we will spikes like this over the next 2 years until a vaccine is created / tested and then rolled out to all of us. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

More like..... we will spikes like this over the next 2 years until a vaccine is created / tested and then rolled out to all of us. 

That is true to.  The spikes will come with increased activity.  Just got make sure we keep them under control.

• Cheers 3