The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

3 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

The WHO has listed covid-19 as a global pandemic. Is it really the same as the flu?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/declares-coronavirus-global-pandemic-live-updates-200311235023766.html

They can call it what they want. Pandemic sure sounds scary not to mention it couple with people on full body suits always that’s a nice fear touch. The sheer amount of social pressure has a part in this world panick is my point, I didn’t say it doesn’t suck I said when the dust settles and someone actually get to review this the. I’ll rad up and believe what I believe I’m telling you there more untruth then truth but you get to decide for yourself and so do I so I’m not bashing just sharing my point of view. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

You really think it was the virus that killed him?

You just said we can’t trust communist countries.

Well.. he shared a picture of him holding his ID on tube oxygen support to the internet and China tried to cover up his death due to the outrage online, delaying it and confirming it many hours later. So do I think he unfortunately died from the same virus he spoke out about, got arrested for and was on the front line's fighting. A modern hero. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Wanless said:

I agree the mortality rate is higher.

But, healthy people get the flu, whereas healthy people are less likely to get covid.

What that means is that the people getting covid are more likely suffering from a weakened immune system leading to more deaths or a higher mortality rate.

That is why I say the population samples are not comparable 

Don't think thats true..where did you hear that?

Apparently a young professional athlete got it..

• Thanks 1

https://www.princegeorgematters.com/local-news/former-prince-george-spruce-king-chad-staley-passes-away-at-age-25-2152819

12 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

With all of this happening, its important to remember the sole reason why this has spread this badly.

China.

They are still falsifying their numbers regarding this virus, a multi-billion population country and they think we believe they only have 100 new cases a day now? 

If they were honest about the numbers from the start the rest of the world would of been better prepared and would of taken it more seriously. Can never trust a communist country with telling the truth. 

And for those of you who think it only kills old people: one of the first whistle-blowers in China that was arrested, Wuhan doctor Li Wenliang died of the virus, non-smoker healthy 34 year old...

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best fellow CDC'ers... 

Chad Staley, 25 year old pro hockey player in Italy played with my cousins son in PG where he was captain.  He died yesterday............no cause of death has been provided, but he was playing for Unterland (northern Italy) in Italy's tier 2 league.  

https://www.princegeorgematters.com/local-news/former-prince-george-spruce-king-chad-staley-passes-away-at-age-25-2152819

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 4
5 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

They can call it what they want. Pandemic sure sounds scary not to mention it couple with people on full body suits always that’s a nice fear touch. The sheer amount of social pressure has a part in this world panick is my point, I didn’t say it doesn’t suck I said when the dust settles and someone actually get to review this the. I’ll rad up and believe what I believe I’m telling you there more untruth then truth but you get to decide for yourself and so do I so I’m not bashing just sharing my point of view. 

Ok.

The WHO is saying that Covid-19 is a pandemic because "it sounds scary".

Wow.

YOU take the precautions YOU deem necessary, and I'll take mine. We'll leave it at that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Nathancanuck said:

Don't think thats true..where did you hear that?

Apparently a young professional athlete got it..

It's all over 

Take a look here https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications.html

I should also say that it is also likely that healthy people can have it, not show symptoms or even know they have it and pass it on.

Which given the second paragraph, would effectively lower the mortality rate

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

the doubling time is 4 days and the death toll went up 31% (168 deaths)  in 24 hours between Monday and tuesday.  They have 12000 cases and 827 deaths as of today.......if the doubling rate is 4 days, they will have 24000 cases by Saturday, 48000 cases by next wednesday and 96000 cases by the 21st.  If that's true, they will have a death toll of over 3000 by the 21st.  

Perhaps it will slow down, we all hope it will, but to say its no worse than the flu and we should all just be more hygenic is reckless and dangerous.

your opinion respectfully of course.  I’m not here to change it. My opinion is I’m not being either reckless or dangerous with deciding to live my life the same as always sure I might decide to buy a bit more food because I don’t trust I’m going to have a choice. I’d rather not buy into over driving media sensationalism going on here. I look forward to reviewing the data next year when this all settles out. 

3 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

Ok.

The WHO is saying that Covid-19 is a pandemic because "it sounds scary".

Wow.

YOU take the precautions YOU deem necessary, and I'll take mine. We'll leave it at that.

The denial is insane to me, as if anyone can justify countries going into full lockdown and the WHO labeling this as a global pandemic putting the world on highest alert as a scare tactic. In what way would that benefit the world? It’s mind boggling. 

• Hydration 1
8 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Sorry, I just couldn't let this sort of $&!# go by any longer. Back in 1918, health professionals said.. "Oh, it's just the flu...everyone gets flu...it has a small mortality rate, no biggie" And what happened? Over 500 million people were infected with influenza globally....1/3 of the world's population at the time. The estimated death toll from that "Oh it's just the flu and we'll just go about our business" line of thinking was between 20 and 50 MILLION people. Estimated because of the varying side illnesses that come with flu but are the result of having the flu......but honestly, it's people like you that are going to result in people getting sick and dying if you do not pay this heed. You may not give a $&!# about yourself 'riding it out' but what about the people you come in contact with who don't have the ability to ride it out and end up dying?? Well?????

If people don't pay attention and just slough this off, THAT is how the death toll rises.

This!!! This is exactly what i'm trying to tell people. Also, if i hear 1 more person say more people die from this, this and this, i'm going to lose my f'n mind!! That s*** is irrelevant! Right now we are dealing with this...and they are all relevant in there own way / need to be dealt with in there own way, including this. 

Edited by IRR
  • Hydration 3
2 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

your opinion respectfully of course.  I’m not here to change it. My opinion is I’m not being either reckless or dangerous with deciding to live my life the same as always sure I might decide to buy a bit more food because I don’t trust I’m going to have a choice. I’d rather not buy into over driving media sensationalism going on here. I look forward to reviewing the data next year when this all settles out. 

Media sensationalism? These are the facts coming out from the best health experts all over the world. This is way beyond opinion vs opinion my dude. 

Edited by Petey40
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic