The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

14 hours ago, Kragar said:

Too many CDC names to tag here, but this is for all of you freaking out over Trump's (and others') comments about using UV light and disinfectant internally.

Does any of you understand the concept of innovation?  Spit-balling ideas, including some really hair-brained ones, in the hope that something useful comes from it.

I'd be curious how all of you would have felt if he were to ever propose the potential benefits of injecting mustard gas or other poisons to attack the virus.  Hardly sounds safe or sound, does it?

I only raise it up because deliberate injection of mustard gases were the first attempts at chemotherapy.

That’s so true.  I’m at my most “innovative” after having a few wobbly pops. For example, I determined that a group of CDCers should be hired to coach the Canucks on random nights. The team would prolly do better, amirite?

On the other hand this pandemic, is somewhat more serous. So Maybe, just maybe, the commander in chief should leave the innovation to others and act like he has his sh@t together during these uncertain times.

His moments of inspiration, which are all too frequent, don’t really inspire confidence amount the masses. Further, the fine citizenary that constitutes Trump’s base might do something really stupid, such as follow his suggestions.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kragar said:

I'm not saying that is why he said it.  But the supreme idiocy shown by so much media that anything orange man does is bad is not appropriate.  Nor helpful.  And then rabid consumers eat it up... yay, something else to attack Trump with.  Why... because it is such a bad idea, or because of who said it.

Because, in January, Trump wanted to restrict travel into the country.  What happened?  Media, experts and Dems freak out, to the point where Dems were drafting legislation trying to remove Trump's ability to restrict travel (where had we heard that before?).  How long did it take for those same people to criticize him for not restricting travel?  

By March, Trump gets attacked because he wasn't taking this thing seriously enough early on.  Oddly enough, neither were countless other democrat politicians (of various levels) or the media that supports them.  But no, it's only Trump's fault.

How many are attacking him over the mere mention of hydroxychloroquine, a drug that already has the FDA stamp of approval and was being used my doctors (you know... experts) in other countries to treat covid 19.  To mention the drug, to give people hope that a medical treatment... is that such a bad thing?

Or how about how he was attacked over the supply of ventilators.  I won't get into the debate over the state of the emergency supply resulting from the previous administration, but the death rate of covid 19 patients using ventilators  can get pretty high (80% in NY is probably the worst).  Does that mean that all the Dems and others criticizing Trump about not having enough ventilators should be attacked because they support something that might be worse then hydroxychloroquine? 

No, it doesn't.  People are scrambling to do the best they can in a horrible situation.  That includes doctors.  Experts appear to change their mind every two weeks.  A month ago, my wife was verbally attacked by a UPS store manager, because she was wearing a mask.  A week or two later, there was a sign on the door, of that very same store saying customers could not enter without wearing a mask.  I hope that a-hole feels better about being a dick to my wife.

All of this anti-Trumpism going on now is pure politics.  That is my point.

You evidently have incredibly low standards. People expect more from the guy with the top job. Is that really too much to ask? 

It’s not antI Trumpism; it’s actually anti stupidity. The man is an inferior leader and is a disaster as a President. He hasd a golden opportunity to reform his image and be someone that people look up to admire. 

But nope, he has totally screwed the pooch.

The Trump “hate” isn’t politically motivated. Intolerance of reckless stupidity doesn’t need politics to help it take root. 

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Should the words of a leader be taken seriously, or do we have to filter them, analyze them, or outright ignore them because we have no idea if the leader is being serious or not?   When Obama gave a briefing, did we have to wait and see if his words were sarcastic or not?  That's a big issue with TRUMP, you can't take him seriously.  And you don't need to spin them to make his words look bad.  He does that all on his own.

i heard the Saturday Night Live was having trouble finding material to parody Trump because Trump was doing a great job of it himself.

• Cheers 4

15 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Stupidity is contagious.

image.jpeg.54060014007bea9035993568c8ead22c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8ab1ed01a82238ea1965be0afac9b972.jpeg

image.jpeg.608ffe0fda87f062637c5e665675f06c.jpeg

yt-lockdown-protesters.jpg

image.jpeg.0492cc52ec94c3ba10dbdb37345bbffc.jpeg

They have the right to manifest.

They have the right to die.

I wonder if they know how absolutely selfish they are. They certainly don’t have the capacity to understand what the repercussions are...

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, samurai said:

the virus origins in the US has multiple points.  It arrived on planes. 

That's why NY was hit the hardest.  They have Newark, La Guardia, JFK.  All major Airports.  Most of the international flights were coming from Europe and that's where the major source of infection came from for the Eastern Seaboard.  Though you had Trump patting himself on the back for stopping flights from China.

• Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

How many stupids could stupid if the stupids could stupid? 

Answer: More than enough. 

As many stupids as a stupid could stupid. 
Kinda reminds me of a fanatic poster I know. :ph34r:

Edited by spur1

12 hours ago, Kragar said:

He is an oddball, for sure.  He doesn't talk like a politician, and that rubs people (including me sometimes) the wrong way.

Who politicized first?  Especially in an election year, that is an important consideration.

I think many people overestimate his "dangerousness", especially when his words are filtered to make them more dangerous or wrong than they really are. 

But then, people overestimate the power and impact of the President (or PM for that matter) on our lives.

I've agreed already about the appropriateness of his spitballing at the podium. 

Donald Trump called a Corona Virus a made up Democrat hoax, as did his lick spittle Sean Hannity. In answer to your question, who polticized first.

That was back in the good old days when he said there are 15 cases today, and there’ll been none tomorrow.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Donald Trump called a Corona Virus a made up Democrat hoax, as did his lick spittle Sean Hannity. In answer to your question, who polticized first.

That was back in the good old days when he said there are 15 cases today, and there’ll been none tomorrow.

He didn't tho lol... smh.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

25 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

But he did say the Democrats concerns about his administration was handling the situation of the corona virus in the US a hoax. They weren’t wrong about his mishandling. That’s been proven time and time again. Smh indeed. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, gurn said:

Floods start with just a little water, that soon becomes way to much.

One “conservative of convenience” says “liberate” to those protestors in States against the virus measures while another actual populist conservative calls the same type of protestors in Ontario “yahoo.....selfish, etc”:

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/ontario-reports-48-more-deaths-173058633.html

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

5 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1