The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

45 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

Maybe it is Darwins way of thinning out the population STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.Americans now have to actually be told not to drink or inject bleach or lysol type products,wow incredible.

These FLU-KLUX-KLAN types are not only putting their lives on the line but countless other innocent people, this is the problem ,stupid doesn't seem to get through to that problem.

America will be just stupid enough to vote TRUMP back into office and let his CRIME SPREE really be unleashed,drink bleach HA!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/study-links-low-intelligence-with-right-wing-beliefs/article543361/

These people are why some get conned into scams and conned into joining cults. 

We can easily see the kind of people who are following Trump. Trump thrives on, or should I say, "preys on" these people and are why he got where he is. People who have any common sense can easily see through his façade. 

• Cheers 3

image.thumb.png.ba310f2b11c84f558dadd1e7e0860a1a.png

It looks like most of Canada is recovering except for BC (Van), AB (Calg), ONT (Tor), QUE (Mon). These major cities are not getting social distancing done properly and need some help. I would quarantine these 4 cities for two weeks, for the good of Canada.

image.png

Edited by Gawdzukes

30 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

image.thumb.png.ba310f2b11c84f558dadd1e7e0860a1a.png

It looks like most of Canada is recovering except for BC (Van), AB (Calg), ONT (Tor), QUE (Mon). These major cities are not getting social distancing done properly and need some help. I would quarantine these 4 cities for two weeks, for the good of Canada.

image.png

Except our spike in cases is related to clusters in confined spaces (inmates in a correctional facility and poultry farm workers).  You, yourself posted about it.  I feel we're doing fine at social distancing but could be better.  Isn't worthy of lockdown though.  How many people where you're from?  Numbers are lower in relation to that (yes, just like in relation to NY).  

Your province is about to open up again soon?  Maybe focus there as it could be problematic if it's rushed.  The numbers are exponential and can multiply quickly (anywhere).  We ALL need to socially distance for some time from what I understand.  Let's see if there aren't some spikes when you start running around town with a sense of security/"we're good".  I hope most don't for some time....we don't need to be locked up, most "get it" without having to be forced.

So no?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Seems the society of "free thinkers" have hitched their wagon to Trump.  And once their logic hitches their wagon to somebody or something they're like a dog on a bone, hard to get off.  Anything that promotes laissez faire economics they're behind so they love Trump for his want to let corporations be the solution for everything.  To some, there is nothing more freeing and efficient than letting the market dictate what decisions are made.  They've been so used to hearing that the individual is always right.  Whenever decisions are made by consensus they will do anything to undermine those decisions because it impinges on their rights as an individual to make decisions for themselves, especially economic ones.

I'd be curious to see how much correlation there is between the "end the lockdown" protesters with "climate change is a hoax perpetuated by the scientific community" protesters.  Two areas of scientific thought that have been attacked voraciously because it dares defy what is best for the all mighty market.

Public corporations are run by boards and a c-suite, in other words, consensus, much of the time. But hey, lets not that get in the way of a good individualist rant, eh? 

Sometimes government is more efficient, sometimes its companies, sometimes its you. Not sure why that has to be such a difficult thing for some people to grasp, or why it can only be a choice of 1/3 all the time. 

I suspect that there is a lot of overlap with the lockdowner protests and anti-science for sure. Its way easier to live by some so-called 'principle' than to use your noodle now and then. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It looks like most of Canada is recovering except for BC (Van), AB (Calg), ONT (Tor), QUE (Mon). These major cities are not getting social distancing done properly anneed some help. I would quarantine these 4 cities for two weeks, for the good of Canada.

maybe. We're kind of there already tho. 

Not sure I agree with the assessment tho about not getting social distancing "done", there are going to be small spikes all over Canada as this thing goes along, what matters more is getting the tracing and isolating done quickly which BC has. You need to look at the hospitalization rates. 

30 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Except our spike in cases is related to clusters in confined spaces (inmates in a correctional facility and poultry farm workers).  You, yourself posted about it.  I feel we're doing fine at social distancing but could be better.  Isn't worthy of lockdown though.  How many people where you're from?  Numbers are lower in relation to that (yes, just like in relation to NY).  

Your province is about to open up again soon?  Maybe focus there as it could be problematic if it's rushed.  The numbers are exponential and can multiply quickly (anywhere).  We ALL need to socially distance for some time from what I understand.  Let's see if there aren't some spikes when you start running around town with a sense of security/"we're good".  I hope most don't for some time....we don't need to be locked up, most "get it" without having to be forced.

So no?

If you say so I trust your judgement. I'm just saying what I'm seeing and what I read. I'm not from Vancouver and I don't live in a major city. Just based on rudimentary stats and my Calculus background I can clearly see where the problems are though. It was just a suggestion as I can see your rates are still climbing. Whether they be in care homes or prisons you guys can't get back to normal until you get those numbers down.

I'm in Saskatoon so thankfully we don't have anyone from BC coming here for a vacation. ::D  As long as you are happy that's good. In my opinion I don't have any problem doing the right thing and if they wanted to quarantine us here for two months I wouldn't have a problem with that either I just hope you guys can get on top of it sooner than later. If you can't than maybe quarantine is the answer. Anyways it was just an idea for the provinces that can't seem to get it under control.

Cheers. it's raining here ... it's kind of nice once in a while. 

14 hours ago, coho8888 said:

If he could change his middle name to God, he would.

Actually Donald Trump's middle name is "John", which makes his name really close to  "Don Juan" Trump. Maybe he has been trying to live up to that name. He subliminally does by wearing a long tie that seems to be pointing at something below his belt!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I honestly think Trump has finally found the tipping point.  His absolute failure to lead during this will cost him the election, I'm pretty sure of that now.  Moderate Repubs and independents who gave him the benefit of the doubt through Mueller, impeachment will almost surely abandon him now.  

As long as Biden keeps his mouth shut and gives Trump enough rope to hang himself, he should be moving into the WH in January.  Not that I'm a fan of Biden, I'm definitely not.

Seems to be his best strategy is to sit back, not say much and let Trump be Trump.

Sounds like Trump may be starting to back off appearing so much in these briefing after he realized how stupid he looked telling to take dangerous unproven treatments that would ultimately be harmful.  This would be bad for Biden.

Ultimately though I think the plan is to use the Coronavirus to suppress the vote to the point that Trump wins.  It already is what a ten hour line up in Miami to vote because that is a democratic hot spot.   They will do what they can to prevent mail in voting and decrease the number of polling station in large cities.

Not a big fan of Biden either but my god he is the better choice for everyone on the planet.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

maybe. We're kind of there already tho. 

Not sure I agree with the assessment tho about not getting social distancing "done", there are going to be small spikes all over Canada as this thing goes along, what matters more is getting the tracing and isolating done quickly which BC has. You need to look at the hospitalization rates. 

I suppose ... I think we have 8 people here in SK in the hospital. The highest total so far, I do believe the sheer size of the city must have something to do with it. We don't have any problems with care homes, we had a problem at the jail where my company works but we squelched that fire quickly. I'm not sure what you guys are doing there that keeps leading to outbreaks. Like I said I think it's just the size of the cities ... it's way more likely one idiot ruins it for all and eventually leads to people dying.

That's why you might want to consider a quarantine. Having said that it's easy for me to say because I honestly would not mind at all if I had to stay home for two months in order to save lives. I don't believe my own life or my financial security is more important than others.

24 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

If you say so I trust your judgement. I'm just saying what I'm seeing and what I read. I'm not from Vancouver and I don't live in a major city. Just based on rudimentary stats and my Calculus background I can clearly see where the problems are though. It was just a suggestion as I can see your rates are still climbing. Whether they be in care homes or prisons you guys can't get back to normal until you get those numbers down.

I'm in Saskatoon so thankfully we don't have anyone from BC coming here for a vacation. ::D  As long as you are happy that's good. In my opinion I don't have any problem doing the right thing and if they wanted to quarantine us here for two months I wouldn't have a problem with that either I just hope you guys can get on top of it sooner than later. If you can't than maybe quarantine is the answer. Anyways it was just an idea for the provinces that can't seem to get it under control.

Cheers. it's raining here ... it's kind of nice once in a while. 

The rates were actually steady and decreasing until these couple of outbreaks/clusters.  We have really had a great response and it's been mostly under control in relation to what it could be in a major city like Vancouver.  I feel the BC "team" is doing an excellent job of tracking, tracing, notifying and in terms of general updates.  And most people are being responsible about it.  Sunny weekends are a bit problematic though.

As of the update April 20, 2020...SK is doubling the confirmed cases every 6.2 weeks.  In BC, it was at 4.1 cases.  Now obviously, a higher number to double will give you more cases but none of us is "good" at this point and I'm more concerned about Saskatchewan/places that are already "planning" to open up things more than places still focused on containing them.

We're all in this thing together as a nation and so we all want what's "best" for everyone involved.  I, too, feel "relieved" that visitors from other provinces won't be traveling around...it's a risk to everyone in my view.  But that isn't just between provinces...people shouldn't be too eager to resume a business as usual in my view.  All places are vulnerable until this thing is deemed "safe(r)" to do so.  Our officials are wanting us to hold the line and saying it's really not.  

Take care, stay safe.

.https://globalnews.ca/news/6826198/coronavirus-good-news-curve-canada-graph/

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Seems to be his best strategy is to sit back, not say much and let Trump be Trump.

Sounds like Trump may be starting to back off appearing so much in these briefing after he realized how stupid he looked telling to take dangerous unproven treatments that would ultimately be harmful.  This would be bad for Biden.

Ultimately though I think the plan is to use the Coronavirus to suppress the vote to the point that Trump wins.  It already is what a ten hour line up in Miami to vote because that is a democratic hot spot.   They will do what they can to prevent mail in voting and decrease the number of polling station in large cities.

Not a big fan of Biden either but my god he is the better choice for everyone on the planet.

Haaa, just another example showing how flawed politics are. You're literally advocating a rock or potato might make better decisions for the fate of 300 million people and the best idea is to have no idea and be quiet. Haaaaaaaaaaaa :rolleyes: OMG, not voting is feeling just fine.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

The rates were actually steady and decreasing until these couple of outbreaks/clusters.  We have really had a great response and it's been mostly under control in relation to what it could be in a major city like Vancouver.  I feel the BC "team" is doing an excellent job of tracking, tracing, notifying and in terms of general updates.

As of the update April 20, 2020...SK is doubling the confirmed cases every 6.2 weeks.  In BC, it was at 4.1 cases.  Now obviously, a higher number to double will give you more cases but none of us is "good" at this point and I'm more concerned about Saskatchewan/places that are already "planning" a return to things more than those places that are still focused on containing them.

We're all in this thing together as a nation and so we all want what's "best" for everyone involved.  I, too, feel "relieved" that visitors from other provinces won't be traveling around...it's a risk to everyone in my view.  But that isn't just between provinces...people shouldn't be too eager to resume a business as usual in my view.  All places are vulnerable until this thing is deemed "safe(r)" to do so.  Our officials are wanting us to hold the line and saying it's really not.  

.https://globalnews.ca/news/6826198/coronavirus-good-news-curve-canada-graph/

Yeah, I'm still practicing social distancing no matter what. The thing is the numbers between BC and SK are hugely different. You can cite numbers and percentages and feel BC is doing great but bottom line is we have 4 dead and you have 1137.