The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, samurai said:

You cannot in anything be fully evidenced-base and you don't want to be.  But taking risks is about risk management. The US now has 22,000,000 out of work. 

The US is a total disaster, the most cases, the most out of work, the most spending and the least results per capita. Its safe to say they are an outlier.

I get why Sweden did what they did, i think the sense of voluntary social compliance is very high (like Japan) so maybe for them it might work. Unfortunately for Canada we have a strong influence from the US and need to be more cautious. 

• Vintage 4

Just now, Me_ said:

That's the big one right there. No one knows yet if one is fully immune to a second, third, fourth wave.

If this thing damages your insides and you survive say with 30% less lung capacity and it comes back again, what are the damages then?

Perhaps that is how the second wave makes more damage than the first; the ones that already had it may be considered more at risk in that second wave.

Another real danger is that the second wave of Covid is next fall - next winter  right at same time as next years FLU season.

This would really put alot of stress on our medical systems....

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Mike Myers said the hat's for a couple of reasons, one being that his home haircut looks like it was done with a knife and fork.  :gocan:

image.png

I'm old enough to remember when my Mom gave me a "bowl-cut" as a little kid.:ph34r:   (I've removed *ALL* photographic evidence of this though :P)

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Me_ said:

That's the big one right there. No one knows yet if one is fully immune to a second, third, fourth wave.

If this thing damages your insides and you survive say with 30% less lung capacity and it comes back again, what are the damages then?

Perhaps that is how the second wave has more death than the first; the ones that already had it may be considered more at risk in that second wave.

Do you read this bit of scarey news....

The outbreak of COVID-19 at a restaurant in the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou was a puzzle.

The suspected index patient was a visitor from the coronavirus’s epicentre in Wuhan. But the eight other customers who later tested positive were not sitting close enough for droplet transmission, and most of the patrons and staff avoided infection altogether.

A team of local scientists eventually came to an eye-opening conclusion about the episode: tiny particles of virus had hitched a ride on currents created by the eatery’s air-conditioning.

https://theprovince.com/health/covid-19-likely-spread-by-building-ventilation-say-canadian-researchers-working-on-an-hvac-fix/wcm/1aa22d76-d27d-487f-bdc4-1ac89f4a70e8

7 hours ago, gurn said:

Sweden, 27% of Canada's population, 88% of Canada's total mortalities.

Okay now take the same data (population and covid deaths) for Japan and compare it Canada like you did for Sweden.   Japan's policy is very close to Sweden's.      Comparing Japan and Canada without properly studying the context and even looking at the numbers properly and using your logic you could question Canada's approach as being reckless.   Japan has 125 million people and 360 confirmed covid deaths.  

Our Swedish players would be unimpressed with your math.

Edited by samurai
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Do you read this bit of scarey news....

The outbreak of COVID-19 at a restaurant in the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou was a puzzle.

The suspected index patient was a visitor from the coronavirus’s epicentre in Wuhan. But the eight other customers who later tested positive were not sitting close enough for droplet transmission, and most of the patrons and staff avoided infection altogether.

A team of local scientists eventually came to an eye-opening conclusion about the episode: tiny particles of virus had hitched a ride on currents created by the eatery’s air-conditioning.

https://theprovince.com/health/covid-19-likely-spread-by-building-ventilation-say-canadian-researchers-working-on-an-hvac-fix/wcm/1aa22d76-d27d-487f-bdc4-1ac89f4a70e8

Yeah. Italy has a non-peer review on pollution being a carrier of Covid-19. Lombardi being one of the hardest hit in Europe, also happens to be one of the most air polluted places on Earth.

Coronavirus detected on particles of air pollution

13 minutes ago, samurai said:

Okay now take the same data (population and covid deaths) for Japan and compare it Canada like you did for Sweden.   Japan's policy is very close to Sweden's.      Comparing Japan and Canada without properly studying the context and even looking at the numbers properly and using your logic you could question Canada's approach as being reckless.   Japan has 125 million people and 360 confirmed covid deaths.  

Our Swedish players would be unimpressed with your math.

JAPAN WINNNNS!!!

YAY JAPANN!!!

samurai is back baby! He's BBack!!

This is the truth and I know you know I know you know it.

JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (happyyyyyy!!!!!!!)

SWEDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Not as happyyyyyy!!!!!!)

CANAd....no wait...

CANADA..........................(sad)

Edited by Me_

I see where some people are comparing Canadas reponse to Swedens about the covid 19 virus,talk about apples to oranges.

Just how many flights from mainland China land in Sweden.

Vancouver is a major destination for these flights.We are huge in size and spread out to all corners of our massive country,so please try not to judge different countries responses.

However a few weeks ago I mentioned that the USA is in a world of hurt and they are only starting to deal with this pandemic.With a buffoon in the white house telling people to ingest or inject dissinfectants into themselves ,LIKE TRUMP HASN'T KILLED ENOUGH PEOPLE ALREADY, WITHOUT GIVING THEM DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO DO IT.

I am truly sorry for the people of our southern neighbor because they are a long ways away from any type of normal life and many more people will die because Trump wants to make a buck off this pandemic and doesn't have a Empathetic bone in his body as you can tell by the amount of times he has comforted his citizens.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, samurai said:

You cannot in anything be fully evidenced-base and you don't want to be.  But taking risks is about risk management. The US now has 22,000,000 out of work. 

Big deal. That’s like just over 6%.  

As I am watching and reading media of all types because I'm safe at home,I am really surprised at the amount of meat processing plants in the states as well as here in Canada that have had outbreaks of this nasty virus.

I will expect prices to increase as a result, as us consumers have always got that extra money to spend considering how much our wages have increased in the last 45 years.

It is not surprising to continue to see the greed of the billionaires who own such manufactoring and have been already bailed out with our tax dollars.

It would honestly be great to have a wage increase or a pension increase to help us cope with these hard times considering the honest hard working people and front liners who have kept chaos and anarchy away from our greedy and corrupt peoples doors.

• Upvote 1