The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

27 minutes ago, spur1 said:

As I often say 50% are below average 70% are idiots. Which means 20% are in real danger. 

The US Army won't take anybody with less than an 85 IQ.  That's 15% of people and the reason is they are untrainable because they can't follow instructions.  What does that tell you?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

As I am watching and reading media of all types because I'm safe at home,I am really surprised at the amount of meat processing plants in the states as well as here in Canada that have had outbreaks of this nasty virus.

I will expect prices to increase as a result, as us consumers have always got that extra money to spend considering how much our wages have increased in the last 45 years.

It is not surprising to continue to see the greed of the billionaires who own such manufactoring and have been already bailed out with our tax dollars.

It would honestly be great to have a wage increase or a pension increase to help us cope with these hard times considering the honest hard working people and front liners who have kept chaos and anarchy away from our greedy and corrupt peoples doors.

I can't post it here (language is really strong) but search out Bill Maher's New Rule: America's Wet Markets | Real Time on YouTube.  He gives some pretty frank comments on why that is.  Truth.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I can't post it here (language is really strong) but search out Bill Maher's New Rule: America's Wet Markets | Real Time on YouTube.  He gives some pretty frank comments on why that is.  Truth.

Watched it yesterday, so true.if you live in a glass factory farm, don't throw bricks

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DADDYROCK said:

As I am watching and reading media of all types because I'm safe at home,I am really surprised at the amount of meat processing plants in the states as well as here in Canada that have had outbreaks of this nasty virus.

I will expect prices to increase as a result, as us consumers have always got that extra money to spend considering how much our wages have increased in the last 45 years.

It is not surprising to continue to see the greed of the billionaires who own such manufactoring and have been already bailed out with our tax dollars.

It would honestly be great to have a wage increase or a pension increase to help us cope with these hard times considering the honest hard working people and front liners who have kept chaos and anarchy away from our greedy and corrupt peoples doors.

Glad to see that you got caps lock fixed finally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DADDYROCK said:

Lots of companies are just gobbling up market share right know.

2 hours ago, DADDYROCK said:

Good time for people to introduce a partial vegetarian diet and reduce their meat intake to not normal, healthier and less expensive levels.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

11 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Expect a surge in the hotel dedicated for tent city people if not in entire workplaces.

COVID-19 can be spread by building ventilation, say Canadian researchers working on an HVAC fix

As an aside.....I thought the Mayor said the city was at risk of bankruptcy.  Where did the money to house the homeless in empty hotels come from?

edit:  and no, I don't mean the homeless don't deserve proper shelter (especially during this crisis where they are especially vulnerable.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

As an aside.....I thought the Mayor said the city was at risk of bankruptcy.  Where did the money to house the homeless in empty hotels come from?

The province, if I’m not mistaken. 

Correction: Both the Federal and Provincial govt’s have invested in securing housing for those homeless in the DTES. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

edit:  and no, I don't mean the homeless don't deserve proper shelter (especially during this crisis where they are especially vulnerable.

As well, how about post-Covid-19 lockdown?

What then? 

Do they just kick them back out on the street?

6 minutes ago, Me_ said:

As well, how about post-Covid-19 lockdown?

What then? 

Do they just kick them back out on the street?

If the province will continue to fund it, obviously not.  If the cities finances are as bad as the mayor says, I don't see how the city can afford to fund it without raising property taxes (which will hurt even more people).  Those empty hotels are only empty because of this lockdown.  I doubt the owners would be willing to offer then likely low rents indefinately when the lockout is over.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

If the province will continue to fund it, obviously not.  If the cities finances are as bad as the mayor says, I don't see how the city can afford to fund it without raising property taxes (which will hurt even more people).

What the cost of putting a person in ICU and  on a ventilator for. month ?

Pay now or pay later........

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

If the province will continue to fund it, obviously not.  If the cities finances are as bad as the mayor says, I don't see how the city can afford to fund it without raising property taxes (which will hurt even more people).

877FE49C-C9D5-4B8C-9567-C9E6437E2C4F.jpeg

688B3FBF-D3C1-4E3B-A269-3542C6BC09FB.jpeg

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

What the cost of putting a person in ICU and  on a ventilator for. month ?

Pay now or pay later........

I was replying to the post saying "what are you going to do AFTER the crisis is over - kick them out in the streets".;)

Just now, The Lock said:

Me_ has a good point with the above housing solutions. People seem to want to think the housing has to be fancy; yet, there are other solutions out there on the cheap that are still better than living on the street.

Yeah that sounds like a good option (if I'm not mistaken, it has already been done in a few areas in the city already).