The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Thanks Deb. Since I lost my wife to cancer, just over two years ago, I know what being alone is like. You can go out, go to a movie, go ti a concert, go to a shopping mall (this is pre-COVID019) AND still feel absolutely alone because you have no one to share it with! 

I'm so sorry to hear this my friend.  I, too, know this feeling all too well.  

Please take care.  It does get easier...time never fully "heals" all wounds, it just numbs the pain a little.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

So glad to see people with good values and ethics and morals and also, COMMON SENSE! 

Now if we can get some to realize that farmers and businesses are throwing away food while people are starving and are in desperate need of assistance. Seems like a "no brainer" but we all know that sometimes the "all mighty dollar" is the only language that some people know how to speak.

My City has done an excellent job working towards solutions for homelessness.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/02/26/world/canada/homeless-canada-medicine-hat-housing-first.amp.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Can we stick Fraser in a care home yet?

I always imagined both Dave Barrett and Bill Bennett spending their twilight years in the *same* care home "re-living" their past battles in vocal debates in the nursing home about 'who is right & who is wrong' on such topics as the 'soup of the day' :lol:.  Both have passed on but left their marks in the province.

• Cheers 2

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

I think he felt that all that hair spray would work the same as a helmet....

....one of those old Jofas, anyway...

I think the chemicals have seeped into what little brain matter there was to begin with

• Cheers 2

On 4/26/2020 at 8:43 AM, The Lock said:

Hey, if you prefer leaders that don't care about human life and think this whole thing is a joke, then no one's here to stop you from liking Trump.

Personally though, I prefer my leaders to be accountable for their actions, but that's me.

And if you don't understand the hate, well I can't help you point the way since you'd probably refuse to look that direction to begin with. Can't see what you refuse to see right?

I don't care for Trump. He's not my leader. 

What I stated is a fact. Some people have no education when it comes to what the media spews out.  How informed would this planet be REALLY... if the media actually told the truth  or news. 

Trump did not say the Virus was a hoax like many believe.

AND When Trump sarcastically mentioned bleach injection... some people took him seriously.  whats more pathetic...lol 

You know what... that's the human race for you. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 4

3 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

AND When Trump sarcastically mentioned bleach injection... some people took him seriously.  whats more pathetic...lol 

I dunno, believing that he meant that as a sarcastic remark?  But that's just my opinion.  Unlike you, I don't state it as a fact (his so-called sarcasm)...we'll have to agree to disagree.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I dunno, believing that he meant that as a sarcastic remark?  But that's just my opinion.  Unlike you, I don't state it as a fact (his so-called sarcasm)...we'll have to agree to disagree.

If you choose to believe a person telling you to inject bleach in to your body...even though it has a corrosive warning on it... then you are just part of the problem. 

6 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I don't care for Trump. He's not my leader. 

What I stated is a fact. Some people have no education when it comes to what the media spews out.  How informed would this planet be REALLY... if the media actually told the truth  or news. 

Trump did not say the Virus was a hoax like many believe.

yes, Trump said it was just a bit of the flu , and he actually believed the bleach injection,  because he believes he is a doctor, lawyer, scientist and the best president of the USA that ever was.  the human race  are laughing at him.

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

If you choose to believe a person telling you to inject bleach in to your body...even though it has a corrosive warning on it... then you are just part of the problem. 

As is the person telling you to do it....

....and he wasn't being "sarcastic". That was just another of his pathetic lies, trying to cover for his stupidity.

if you choose to believe him, that's your prerogative, but there is quantifiable evidence for him being a pathological liar. Combine that with the fact that most of us have seen the press conference and know what sarcasm looks like and I too have to disagree with your assessment of the situation.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

When any president has to deal with the human race... well some will kneel or bow and others with be defiant. 

You can argue for or against, it doesn't matter. Each person will have their point of view. It's a ride I would get on. 

True....It's just left to the rest of us to wonder why some would kneel at the altar of a moron....

• Upvote 2