The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Great post.

I have heard ventilators could be in short supply. 

I think, for the most part, quarantines are in place to try and spread out the burden on the health care system.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I am not joking..........this toilet paper thing has to be one of the stupidest things i have ever witnessed.  100 mile house is sold out until friday. I mean, what the actual.......

Who the hell reacts to a pandemic by stockpiling toilet paper 4 god sakes.  

It is the strangest thing isn't it? 

My wife tried to explain it as 'the dumb-asses don't know what to do in times like these so they just follow each others lead"

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

The Coronavirus isnt even that bad lol. Unless you're an elderly person you legit dont have nothing to worry about (unless you have health conditions that could lead to complications) influenza kills at a higher rate than COVID-19, and it is nowhere near as deadly as SARS.

The media is hyping this up way too much. Wash your hands, dont travel, and if you do catch it you will most likely be fine. Some say it's like a normal cold.

Just dont take our sports away this close to playoffs! :sadno:

Influenza has a mortality rate of 0.01%. Covid-19 has an average mortality rating of 3.4% according to WHO. Get your facts right before spreading misinformation. It’s dangerous.

Edited by Petey40
  • Thanks 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I am not joking..........this toilet paper thing has to be one of the stupidest things i have ever witnessed.  100 mile house is sold out until friday. I mean, what the actual.......

Who the hell reacts to a pandemic by stockpiling toilet paper 4 god sakes.  

Amazon sells toilet paper 

1 minute ago, Brock Botanen said:

The Coronavirus isnt even that bad lol. Unless you're an elderly person you legit dont have nothing to worry about (unless you have health conditions that could lead to complications) influenza kills at a higher rate than COVID-19, and it is nowhere near as deadly as SARS.

The media is hyping this up way too much. Wash your hands, dont travel, and if you do catch it you will most likely be fine. Some say it's like a normal cold.

Just dont take our sports away this close to playoffs! :sadno:

ostrich GIF

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

watched it last night.  I always take JR with a grain of salt as he likes his conspiracies, but that scared the bejesus out of me

He's smarter than he gives himself credit for and who isn't skeptical sometimes, this guy seems to know what he's talking about though, I've stocked up on beans/rice and stuff i should be okay for awhile incase it gets crazy

I think this is the best information we have out there in terms of covid-19, definatly worth a watch for others

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

Influenza has a mortality rate of 0.01%. Covid-19 has an average mortality rating of 3.4% according to WHO. Get your facts right before spreading misinformation. It’s dangerous.

closer to 7% in Italy with its older population

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Sorry I meant kills more people. SARS had a death rate of 10%

Just now, Caknuckle Puck said:

He's smarter than he gives himself credit for and who isn't skeptical sometimes, this guy seems to know what he's talking about though, I've stocked up on beans/rice and stuff i should be okay for awhile incase it gets crazy

I think this is the best information we have out there in terms of covid-19, definatly worth a watch for others

me last night after watching it

ralphie oh fudge GIF

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

apparently we have 4 ventilators at the vernon hospital

oh boy. 

I;m sure I heard a med expert saying if he had Covid, he would want to be treated in China because they have the equipment. He stated Canadian ventilators amounts similar to those you tell about Vernon as the main reason. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Brock Botanen said:

Yes that’s true, it’s not really comparable though as SARS only infected 8000 people total and this has infected over 120000 in 3 months. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Brock Botanen said:

there were 8000 cases, total, of SARS.  Italy has 12 000 and will doublke that by Sunday, then double again to 48000 by the end of next week.  safe to say SARS was nothing in comparison

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, stawns said:

there were 8000 cases, total, of SARS.  Italy has 12 000 and will doublke that by Sunday, then double again to 48000 by the end of next week.  safe to say SARS was nothing in comparison

Do you know how many people has caught the common cold or flu this year alone? I've been sick 3 times since new years myself. Dont fall for the media hype. It's an infectious virus, but you dont have to worry about it unless your 50+ years old. Which even the common cold could be devastating for a senior anyway. Stop scaring people. The more people panic the more people will be out panic buying and I wont be able to wipe my a$$

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

Would you rather the media said nothing?? And we could all be surprised when people just start dying around us? The ignorance is astounding.

Hey, he said  "Some say it's like a normal cold"  so, sounds good enough for me.

Actually sounds like something that orange fella would say. 

• Like 1