The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, samurai said:

You and the peanut gallery don’t know that care home work is a lowly paid career and often part time.  There is lots of worker turnover and obviously this impacts the care given.   In short it is not a valued professional by society.   You think the deaths in these facilities have nothing to do with work conditions prior to the Covid.  

Oh, I am well aware that care home work is lowly paid.  (It's the same with places for disabled adults, many EAs at my school work at those just to make ends meet because they don't get enough hours from the school district)  My mom spent most of her life working in a care home as an RN until cuts forced her to a palliative care wing of a hospital.  This has resulted in many premature deaths during the pandemic.  Care homes workers, farm workers, slaughter house workers, etc. There are lots of jobs where wages have gotten driven to ground that we're going to regret all in the pursuit of maximizes profits.

I don't understand why you consider the concern for the elderly suspect?  I'd expect most people were aware of these conditions.  Just as people are aware of the conditions in slaughterhouses.  

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

This discussion is useless with you. 

You just repeatedly prove my point.

But ill leave this here..I should add, you go bigger tho and just go after an entire Province/Birthplace of people

Trolling is defined as posting with the intent of annoying or provoking a negative reaction from other users. We realize this can be a grey issue in many cases, and moderators will use their discretion and judgment to sort situations out.

Have a good day KOS

What are you babbling about. ?  Alberta votes conservative.  Clearly many CDN conservatives support trump and the republican party .

You whining about it changes nothing.  If you don't support Trump, good for you.   I lived in Alberta for years and i know that many Albertans vote Liberal.

I actually lived in a very liberal party of Alberta.. downtown Edmonton.    YOu too have a good day Naslund is king...

Edited by kingofsurrey

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Oh, I am well aware that care home work is lowly paid.  (It's the same with places for disabled adults, many EAs at my school work at those just to make ends meet because they don't get enough hours from the school district)  My mom spent most of her life working in a care home as an RN until cuts forced her to a palliative care wing of a hospital.  This has resulted in many premature deaths during the pandemic.  Care homes workers, farm workers, slaughter house workers, etc. There are lots of jobs where wages have gotten driven to ground that we're going to regret all in the pursuit of maximizes profits.

I don't understand why you consider the concern for the elderly suspect?  I'd expect most people were aware of these conditions.  Just as people are aware of the conditions in slaughterhouses.  

Jobs that work supporting people... nowdays pay very poor.  Most EA's i know have 2nd jobs.  My neighbour makes more at costco that she does with her other job as an EA.

Weird thing though is that EA programs charge big tuition... I think it can be over 6000,00 dollars to the EA ed program near where i live.  Seems kind of expensive for the wages..  the problem with EA wages are that often they only get to work 5 hours a day....  so do the math..  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, samurai said:

I actually thought the crisis would be his undoing, but now  I think the fact that the projections of fatalities were way off and he has flipped that on to the dems and it being a virus originating in China (trade enemy) that this offers him a potentially winning narrative unfortunately.  Hopefully, I am wrong.

They're not way off, they lost almost 60k in a month give it take.  Over a year, they're looking at a half million people.  Not sure how the projections were off.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

They're not way off, they lost almost 60k in a month give it take.  Over a year, they're looking at a half million people.  Not sure how the projections were off.

Hopefully USA voters will see how Trump failed to act swiftly / listen to experts on the Covid crisis and that inaction resulted in  many unncecessary american deaths. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Why, because where was it before Covid? Gov't's are now suddenly concerned about people's health but for example companies have 'been allowed' to knowingly pump out crap addictive food for decades and created an obesity epidemic in large parts of the world which has led to things like diabetes and so forth.   The victims of corona overwhelmingly had modern day illnesses as well.

My point is that the gov't and all this new found concern for the health of citizens at least for me runs pretty empty.   As you know the choice to pay care workers very poorly in under resourced conditions is a societal choice. 

Lastly, I would have also preferred to have seen this new concern for citizen well being in early January or Feb not March. Hard not to think that economic interests were not partially behind the late responses in most countries.  There is an article that came out in the UK that shows the time line of the UK response - it is horrifying.  I doubt many gov't differed that much.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, samurai said:

Not sure about that. The electorate in most countries has been turning right for sometime and this disaster is only going to hasten it.   Immigration, job loss were blamed on neo-liberal policies and now you got this virus that people will rightly blame on globalism. This is going to push out people like Trudeau.  It was already happening as evidenced by the last election.

People who have written off Trump should brace themselves.  He won with 40 some plus percent of the vote and he has that right now.  Some suspect that his winning game could be an anti-China campaign.  Remember he has been consistent about China for some time and now he has the virus to work with  Who knows but if the economy shows some life in the fall and Biden's competency questions get worse I would be braced for it.  In the US it is electoral votes.   

I don’t know if it’s because you live in Japan and don’t speak Japanese well or what it is...but I don’t think you are reading the room very well. Barring a miracle bleach cure Trump will be getting slaughtered in November.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, spur1 said:

I don’t know if it’s because you live in Japan and don’t speak Japanese well or what it is...but I don’t think you are reading the room very well. Barring a miracle bleach cure Trump will be getting slaughtered in November.  

I think you mean don't speak English well?   English is my native language.  I do spend a lot of time in BC each year as well.  I hope I am wrong and will be dancing in the streets if he is out.  I am not saying he is going to win, just that his chances are a lot better than what people expect.   4 more years of him would be extremely painful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, samurai said:

I think you mean don't speak English well?   English is my native language.  I do spend a lot of time in BC each year as well.  I hope I am wrong and will be dancing in the streets if he is out.  I am not saying he is going to win, just that his chances are a lot better than what people expect.   4 more years of him would be extremely painful. 

Very painful for the Us and Canada as the elephant flails about. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, spur1 said:

I hope you’re right spur. Unfortunately Cheeto Jesus has his base that would eat poop sandwiches if he said it was the cure. If he gets elected again it will only embolden the right even more. That he is incompetent doesn’t seem to bother the uneducated.

He is a brand and Biden is possibly the most milk toast Presidential candidate ever. 

I fear 4 more years of reality television. 

7 hours ago, stawns said:

Early modelling was 2.2 million for the US.   In Sask which I have ties to the first projection was 15,000 deaths.  In Japan for example it was 400,000 we  are currently at 370.  UK was 500,000.   We don't know what the numbers will end up but it won't be these projections.

Edited by samurai
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

I hope you’re right spur. Unfortunately Cheeto Jesus has his base that would eat poop sandwiches if he said it was the cure. If he gets elected again it will only embolden the right even more. That he is incompetent doesn’t seem to bother the uneducated.

He is a brand and Biden is possibly the most milk toast Presidential candidate ever. 

The big concern with Biden is the state of his brain.  At times he reminds me of Reagan in his second term.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

I hope I am right too but right now I think a cardboard cut out could beat Trump. Unlike Hillary the cut out would not be a women or have the baggage Hillary had. Add to the fact Trump is now a known entity who now has so much baggage of his own that he could not afford the baggage fees to fly commercial. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, samurai said:

Early modelling was 2.2 million for the US.   In Sask which I have ties to the first projection was 15,000 deaths.  In Japan for example it was 400,000 were are currently at 370.  UK was 500,000.   We don't know what the numbers will end up but it won't be these projections.

OMG wait.

I see a patterrrrrrrrrn! You, Japan, Saskatchewan, lowest numbers... 

Japan wins? YeSS!! Japan wins again!

Because Japan is top of it all! Yes!

Japan!

Im sure the bestest country in the universe, Japan (because why would it be any other country), is super totally honest, just like the Fukushima transparency, right?

On a side note; do you know why Japan (bestest) is only allowed to build a defensive army and not an offensive one? Check it out. 

It’s the perfect place with the perfect people Japan.

samurai... you’re the bestest. Keep posting the only truth there is. Without you, not only bestest Japan is lost, but we, subordinates, are also lost.

We’ll forget that the Tokyo health system

is on the verge of collapse ok?

All I’m saying really is, Japan.

I’m also giving you “vintage goal lights” because they’re shiny and you like shiny things.

Japan.

Edited by Me_

11 hours ago, Me_ said:

OMG wait.

I see a patterrrrrrrrrn! You, Japan, Saskatchewan, lowest numbers... 

Japan wins? YeSS!! Japan wins again!

Because Japan is top of it all! Yes!

Japan!

Im sure the bestest country in the universe, Japan (because why would it be any other country), is super totally honest, just like the Fukushima transparency, right?

I mean it’s Japan. It’s the perfect place with the perfect people Japan.

samurai... you’re the bestest. Keep posting the only truth there is. Without you, not only bestest Japan is lost, but we, subordinates, are also lost.

We’ll forget that the Tokyo health system

is on the verge of collapse ok?

All I’m saying really is, Japan.

I’m also giving you “vintage goal lights” because they’re shiny and you like shiny things.

Japan.

I think your posts have deteriorated quite a bit the past 3 plus weeks.   

Edited by samurai
  • Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, samurai said:

I think your posts have deteriorated quit a bit the past 3 plus weeks.   

always sunny pepe silvia GIFSome people in this thread trying to hammer home their points over and over be like

Edited by Pickly
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, samurai said:

I think your posts have deteriorated quit a bit the past 3 plus weeks.   

If you’re going to try to land an insult, make sure you spell check before posting.

Or just “quit”.

Just now, Me_ said:

If you’re going to try to land an insult, make sure you spell check before posting.

Or just “quit”.

Not an insult but a statement of fact and concern.  Recently, you come across as a lot more derailed. 

• Vintage 1