The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

I work as a nurse, the concern is more so towards the older demographic and the immune compromised not the relatively healthy younger folks . That is be vigilant in the regards of clients / patients .

Also relax on the toilet paper people lol 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Brock Botanen said:

So tell me genius. How is this going to play out. I want to be able to quote u in a few months and have a good laugh

it all depends on whether they get out in front of it or not.  There are countries taking drastic measures who are able to contain it so far, so if we take decisive action, we might avoid a situation like Italy is in.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Perfect.  Put your money where your mouth is if you catch it.

Look up Cape breton health care crisis.

I catch it I bet you I'll be perfectly fine in 2 weeks. Itll be a hell of a 2 weeks, but I'll make it

3 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

So tell me genius. How is this going to play out. I want to be able to quote u in a few months and have a good laugh

Disgusting attitude man. I think you've some growing up to do. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Just now, stawns said:

it all depends on whether they get out in front of it or not.  There are countries taking drastic measures who are able to contain it so far, so if we take decisive action, we might avoid a situation like Italy is in.

We had months to get in front of it. That government and media that you guys put so much stock into are the reason we are in this mess

This may sound obvious but some don't seem to understand very obvious things. 

The more the virus spreads the harder it is to control. Stopping the spread is paramount. 

They also don't know everything about the virus. Being cautious until we all know more is in the best interest of everyone. As the saying goes, better safe than sorry. 

• Hydration 3
Just now, Silky mitts said:

I work as a nurse, the concern is more so towards the older demographic and the immune compromised not the relatively healthy younger folks . That is be vigilant in the regards of clients / patients .

Also relax on the toilet paper people lol 

as I posted earlier, Chad Staley, a 25 year old pro hockey player in Norther Italy died on Monday night and though the cause of death is "unknown", the rumour is covid.  I do acknowledge that's a rumour, but the location and timing fit.  

I'm also tired of people saying it's "just older people".........the boomer population is massive and they are human beings, their lives are every bit as important as others.  It may very well ravage that generation if it gets a foothold.  

• Hydration 3
2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

We had months to get in front of it. That government and media that you guys put so much stock into are the reason we are in this mess

I haven't seen you post one article as evidence of your stance.  I'd say youre a troll, but given your post history it's clear you truly believe the garbage you spew.

• Hydration 2
Just now, stawns said:

as I posted earlier, Chad Staley, a 25 year old pro hockey player in Norther Italy died on Monday night and though the cause of death is "unknown", the rumour is covid.  I do acknowledge that's a rumour, but the location and timing fit.  

I'm also tired of people saying it's "just older people".........the boomer population is massive and they are human beings, their lives are every bit as important as others.  It may very well ravage that generation if it gets a foothold.  

That generation raised me and a lot of other people on this forum.  Have some ****ing compassion; I've literally had my concern for their welfare met with "everyone dies".

This is going to hit way too close to home for many of us, unfortunately.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

This may sound obvious but some don't seem to understand very obvious things. 

The more the virus spreads the harder it is to control. Stopping the spread is paramount. 

They also don't know everything about the virus. Being cautious until we all know more is in the best interest of everyone. As the saying goes, better safe than sorry. 

and the longer it hangs around, the more chance it has to mutate

• Hydration 1
26 minutes ago, xereau said:

They didn't know crap about SARS, or swine flu, or chicken flu, and this has all the same hallmarks. Ridiculous hype and fear. This has more to do with control than anything, in the end.

this is what bugs me.. fear mongering to generate more control

hype and fear to such a degree that people have stopped thinking rationally and there's widespread panic..

obviously I don't want to catch this bug (or anyone to catch it) but I'm far more concerned with the economic impacts coming down the pipeline.. at first I was mostly annoyed by it all - not worried about it, but it felt like a senseless disruption.. now I feel like we're all lambs being led to the slaughter, whether a viral slaughter or an economic one.. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I’m not saying their lives are unimportant . But that people who have the mindset of this virus won’t affect me because I’m young / healthy , the precautions and being vigilant is in to keep everyone healthy and reduce the spread. Particularly to those who are more suspectible to it.

• Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Just now, Silky mitts said:

I’m not saying their lives are unimportant . But that people who have the mindset of this virus won’t affect me because I’m young / healthy , the precautions and being vigilant is in to keep everyone healthy and reduce the spread. Particularly to those who are more suspectible to it.

sorry, didn't mesan to imply that you were saying that, I was just using your comment as the jumping off point.

• Hydration 1
  • SNuck locked and unlocked this topic
  • SNuck featured and pinned this topic
  • SNuck unfeatured this topic