The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

New evidence and studies done everyday so I won't be considering it redundant anytime soon bud.  Lifesaving stuff we're talking about here.  

Nope.

It’s Vitamin D; just part of good healthy living.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Looking at local beaches, full on birthday parties with 20+ people locally and I'm thinking, round 2 is gonna be ugly

Those people are obviously dumb and should be ticketed but most photos I’ve seen people are at least 6 feet apart. Just looks bad when there’s hundreds of people.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

New evidence and studies done everyday so I won't be considering it redundant anytime soon bud.  Lifesaving stuff we're talking about here.  

And actually, if there wasn't so many people trying to shut my idea of Vit D being a good idea down, I wouldn't still be responding to people.  

The key is right there; people are not shutting down your idea. Your idea is fine.

It’s that you won’t shut up about it. Do you have aaaaaaaanything else to talk about?

Anything really.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Like I said I've been responding to people, every time.  And yes they are shutting down the idea lol, wan't me to pull up some of their quotes?  You know ill do it.  Even you shut it down, but im happy i've changed your mind. 

I'm not just standing in here like a crazy dude with a sign on the sidewalk preaching to randoms(that reference made me chuckle the other day)

No one is saying you’re crazy. In fact, some of us even went to the store to get a Vitamin D supplement because some of what you say makes sense. We also didn’t buy the entire store’s supply of it.

Its that you won’t shut up about it.

Its in my dreams man.

You’re family. We’ve all seen your drawing.

Can you draw something else?

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Did you hoard up a massive load of Vitamin D like toilet paper and now you’re trying to get rid of your stash?

Here are other subjects of interest besides vitamin D.

Vitamin A

Vitamin B1

Vitamin B2

Vitamin B3

Vitamin B5

Vitamin B6

Vitamin B7

Vitamin B9

Vitamin B12

Vitamin C

Vitamin E

Vitamin K

Major Minerals

Calcium

Chloride

Magnesium

Phosphorus

Potassium

Sodium

Sulphur

Trace minerals

Chromium

Copper

Fluoride

Iodine

Iron

Manganese

Molybdenum 

Selenium

Zinc

State Vitamin D stuff, people don’t react the way you want, go after them, post more Vitamin D stuff, people still don’t react the way you want, go after them more, post more Vitamin D stuff, people still don’t react the way you want, go after them specifically, so post more Vitamin D stuff, nope, people still don’t react the way you want, so then... post more Vitamin D...

Because honestly, I’m overdosing on Vitamin D just by reading your posts. 

You may be overdosing but he sure isn’t. Hard to get sunshine where his head is at. Maybe Donny can help him out with some UV light. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, spur1 said:

You may be overdosing but he sure isn’t. Hard to get sunshine where his head is at. Maybe Donny can help him out with some UV light. :ph34r:

Vitamin D. 

Diarrhea

Dogma

Dreary

I am on the Vitamin B suppliment for covid....  BOOZE , BOOZE and more Booze. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, spur1 said:

@the5thline

Ok this is hella funny bud.

The day this makes you superlaugh, is your day of deliverance against most cancers. 

Digest that one. No pun intended.

Then life becomes a game. And it’s easier to navigate.

Edited by Me_

6 minutes ago, spur1 said:

God forbid he hears about the new Pepcid cure. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, spur1 said:

God forbid he hears about the new Pepcid cure. 

Well there yew gonn’ndunn it lol

At least a week and a half of Pepcid.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, coastal.view said:

not sure there is a right way

the current approach is clearly impacted by the assumption that treatments and vaccines are coming soon

i do acknowledge that the outlook on these developments has been overly optimistic so far

there is one promising treatment/medication currently... others appear to be viable soon

but this approach could take the same course (and time) as successful treatment has taken for hiv

and a virus for which there is still not a vaccine (and it has been around for decades now)

it does seem more likely that some sort of compound medication regime will achieve success

but that clearly would take more time

no vaccine has been successfully developed for sars which hit in 2003

and this is a sars type virus

so right now the hope/faith of most seems to be that medicine and science is the answer

it may end up providing the strongest solutions

but the problem really is time

Pretty much right on there. There is not many end games to this crisis and certainly as you’ve said vaccine development is very tricky. The worse thing they could ever do is rush out a vaccine that either isn’t effective or even possibly make it worse. There is a reason it’s such a methodical process but it seems to me that’s it just being rushed this time around. If we were to find a vaccine that works within 18 months that would be an incredible feat but i just don’t see it.  I just hope we find a solution as people are hurting and I feel for the people that are directly effected by loved ones sick or dying from the virus and I also feel for people who are losing their businesses they spent years working so hard for.  I hate to say it but we’re in this for the long haul and we need to stick together for each other as times are tough.

It doesn’t matter if your politically left or right this crisis effects us all in every way possible. Im somebody who personally has underlying conditions but I work an essential job that directly helps all Canadians I’m willing to go in every day because people need it right now. My hope is for balance. At least in BC in seems like we’re in one of the better situations. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

I'm providing relevant information to the thread, bud.  This thread used to be 90% Trump bashing before I brought in at least little bit of discussion about actual heath and well being  You were all trying to discredit the Vit D idea, now you've turned to claiming that you've all been on my side this whole time and that I've just been annoying.   Do you think I'm that naive.  Go get some damn Vit D supps and be gone with it.  4000iu - 10000iu per day if you're in regular health already k bud? 

Wait...

...no Pepcid?

...oh that drawing again.

Case in point.

E5683E1F-899A-4F6D-8C36-45EB6A208901.gif

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

A surge in German covid cases:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/germany-surge-sounds-coronavirus-alarm-as-world-takes-steps-to-reopen/ar-BB13Uhzf?ocid=spartandhp

BERLIN/PARIS (Reuters) -- Germany reported on Monday that new coronavirus infections were accelerating exponentially after early steps to ease its lockdown, news that sounded a global alarm even as businesses opened from Paris hair salons to Shanghai Disneyland.

Germany's Robert Koch Institute reported that the "reproduction rate" - the number of people each person infected with the coronavirus goes on to infect - had risen to 1.1. Any rate above 1 means the virus is spreading exponentially.

Advertisement

German authorities had taken early steps to ease lockdown measures just days earlier, a stark illustration that progress can swiftly be reversed even in a country with one of the best records in Europe of containing the virus so far.

It follows a new outbreak in night clubs in South Korea, another country that had succeeded in limiting infections.

Governments around the world are struggling with the question of how to reopen their economies while still containing the coronavirus. In Europe, the world's worst-hit continent, Spain and France began major steps to ease lockdowns, while Britain announced more cautious moves.

Traffic flowed along the Champs Elysees in Paris, a giant tricolour flag billowing under the Arc de Triomphe, as workers cleaned shop-front windows to reopen.

"Everyone's a little bit nervous. Wow! We don't know where we're headed but we're off," said Marc Mauny, a hair stylist who opened his salon in western France at the stroke of midnight when new rules took effect.

Mickey Mouse welcomed thinned-out crowds in Shanghai, the first Disney theme park to re-open, with a strict limit on the number of tickets. Parades and fireworks were cancelled, and workers and guests were required to wear face masks and have their temperatures screened at the entrance.

"I think (these measures) make tourists feel at ease," said Kay Yu, a 29-year-old pass holder wearing a Minnie Mouse hat, who said he had woken up at 4 a.m. to make the trip to the park.

A German health ministry spokesman said the authorities were taking the rise in the infection rate seriously and it did not mean the outbreak was out of control.

Karl Lauterbach, a Social Democrat lawmaker and professor of epidemiology, had warned that the virus could start spreading again quickly after seeing large crowds outside on Saturday in his home city of Cologne.

"It has to be expected that the R rate will go over 1 and we will return to exponential growth," Lauterbach said in a tweet. "The loosening measures were far too poorly prepared."

In South Korea, which largely avoided a lockdown by implementing a massive testing and contact-tracing programme early on, authorities were rushing to contain a new outbreak traced to night clubs.

"It's not over until it's over. While keeping enhanced alertness till the end, we must never lower our guard regarding epidemic prevention," President Moon Jae-In said on Sunday.

New Zealand, which had success in fighting infection with one of the toughest and earliest lockdowns, said it would open malls, cafes and cinemas this week.

"The upshot is that in 10 days’ time we will have reopened most businesses in New Zealand, and sooner than many other countries around the world," Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern told a news conference. "But that fits with our plan – go hard, go early – so we can get our economy moving again sooner."

But some of the countries and territories that were taking steps to open up their economies were acting without yet reporting sustained falls in the spread.

India, which has locked down its population of 1.3 billion people since March, reported a record daily rise in cases. But it said it would begin to restart passenger railway services, with 15 special trains, from Tuesday.

Russia, where the death toll is still comparatively low but the caseload surging, overtook Italy and Britain to report the highest number of cases after the United States and Spain.

In the United States, where unemployment figures released last week were the worst since the Great Depression, President Donald Trump has been trying to shift the emphasis towards reopening the economy. Many states have begun loosening restrictions even though cases continue to rise.

While economies around the world are facing the worst contraction in living memory, stock markets have surged since the start of April, fuelled by unprecedented injections of cash from central banks. That has created unease that financial markets are out of whack with the economies they reflect.

There were signs of a shift in sentiment on Monday, with stock markets giving up their early gains.

"Since late March there has been an extraordinary divergence between the real economy and financial risk, with the latter helped by unprecedented policy accommodation," said Alan Ruskin, head of G10 foreign exchange trading at Deutsche Bank.

(Reporting by Reuters bureaux, Writing by Peter Graff, Editing by Timothy Heritage)

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

When Covid isn't the best threat to your well being but your neighbor is. Forget living off the land or growing a garden if economies implode and we can't visit grocery stores. Eat your neighbor's ass instead.

Ain't enough money in the world for me to want to eat his ass.:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Putting the "Wack" in Chilliwack <_<:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/bc-school-trustee-blasted-for-transgender-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-attacking-dr-theresa-tam/ar-BB13SSkc?li=AAggNb9

This is the kind of stuff that happens when you allow religion to make inroads into public policy....

we need the god thread back. Please @StealthNuck ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2