The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Nothing wrong with China trying to become global power number 1.
They will just have to achieve that without exporting 500b to the U.S every year.

Apple To Boost Make In India: Aims $40 Billion Phones In 5 Years To Become Largest Exporter

https://www.indiatimes.com/technology/news/apple-to-boost-make-in-india-aims-40-billion-phones-in-5-years-to-become-largest-exporter-512952.html

• Upvote 1

I've been watching Canada's mortality rate, and for about 2 weeks,  it has hovered in the 6-7% range.

I am aware that simply doing more tests will lower than number, yet it is a troubling development. :(

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

death

cases        new cases                                                    deaths      new deaths                  recovered                  critical    cases/mill  per/mill

Canada ca.png 69,907 (arrow_upward1,059) 4,992 (arrow_upward121) 32,650 7.1% 502 1,845

• Upvote 2

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them

Partial quote:

The Risks - Know Them - Avoid Them

Updated: an hour ago

Please read this link to learn about the author and background to these posts.

It seems many people are breathing some relief, and I’m not sure why. An epidemic curve has a relatively predictable upslope and once the peak is reached, the back slope can also be predicted. We have robust data from the outbreaks in China and Italy, that shows the backside of the mortality curve declines slowly, with deaths persisting for months. Assuming we have just crested in deaths at 70k, it is possible that we lose another 70,000 people over the next 6 weeks as we come off that peak. That's what's going to happen with a lockdown.

As states reopen, and we give the virus more fuel, all bets are off. I understand the reasons for reopening the economy, but I've said before, if you don't solve the biology, the economy won't recover.

I encourage you to read the entire article, it's enlightening regarding the risks of infection in various scenarios.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/bc-school-trustee-blasted-for-transgender-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-attacking-dr-theresa-tam/a

This is the kind of stuff that happens when you allow religion to make inroads into public policy....

As if there's nothing ideological about parents raising children as 'gender neutral'...

(The attack on Tam is a tough look tho)

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

As if there's nothing ideological about parents raising children as 'gender neutral'...

(The attack on Tam is a tough look tho)

The whole thing is a "tough look".

I'm not surprised that you're defending it though....<_<

• Cheers 1

More anti-lockdown protesters "peacefully" carrying around the biggest guns they can find:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/anti-lockdown-protesters-carry-weapons-into-north-carolina-sandwich-shop/ar-BB13VEKx?li=AAggNb9

A group of armed demonstrators protesting North Carolina's stay-at-home order walked the streets of Raleigh, North Carolina, this weekend, weapons slung over their shoulders, and were captured at a restaurant in photographs that went viral.

Travis Long, a photojournalist with The News & Observer, said he shot the photos inside a Subway on Fayetteville Street in downtown Raleigh.

One photo shows a protester carrying what appears to be an AT4 rocket launcher and two pistols in holsters on his waist. Another shows a protester holding a large weapon over his shoulder as he appears to take a selfie. Two of the demonstrators who appear in the photos are wearing masks.

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The whole thing is a "tough look".

I'm not surprised that you're defending it though....<_<

Ah the brush. I'm not defending the guy, I'm not a fan of religious ideology either. 

But I guess since it's the 'other team', the hypocrisy of it doesn't matter. Carry on.

7 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'm all for it. If people don't like the thread then don't click on it; if people cross the line then get banned. Pretty simple stuff. Too bad.

I mean we do have the Trump thread, could it get much worse? 

(Maybe don't answer that lol)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Ah the brush. I'm not defending the guy, I'm not a fan of religious ideology either. 

But I guess since it's the 'other team', the hypocrisy of it doesn't matter. Carry on.

Right. The bit about "gender neutral" was just conversation.....:rolleyes:

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I mean we do have the Trump thread, could it get much worse? 

(Maybe don't answer that lol)

I almost made that comment myself, ha! 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1