The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sadly the time for that was 4 or 5 weeks ago.  It's too late now.  the best this country or any can hope for is that people, individuals are taking the proper precautions.  It's most certainly in almost every province.  it's most certainly in most major cities.  A 2 week incubation period at the end of the height of flu season will have had literally hundreds of thousands of potential carriers moving without issue.

Spring break is also here.  Want to know who is going to care less about this virus than anyone?  Drunk college kids who cannot get a refund on their trips.

A large bomb is about to drop and it's only dropping on the hells of the silent one that feel weeks ago

At this point it's not about being able to stop it, I agree.  It's about making sure we extend the exposure time so.it doesn't overwhelm our health care system

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

I work in a building with 1500+ people, there are like 3 entrances in and out everyone must use.  We basically walk through air locks..  It will take one person to cause a big outbreak in here. head guy puts out an email basically saying "dont believe what you read on the internet ...chance of this spreading is low in BC...keep washing your hands". Meanwhile Canadian government health minister stated between 30-70 percent of the population could become infected.  We all have the ability/technology to work from home but the dinosaurs that run the place think you cant function without being managed at your desk for 8 hours.  Hopefully we are lucky enough to escape the ignorance of some of the people around us.

This article was an interesting read - speaks to the same concerns; lots of employers unaccustomed to "working from home", but the government mandated it, so they needed figure their $&!# out.  “The Covid-19 outbreak is just another chance for companies to re-examine the relationship between companies and employees, and to elevate their corporate culture to be mutually beneficial.”

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20200309-coronavirus-covid-19-advice-chinas-work-at-home-experiment

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Stay vigilant. Be aware. Take care of each other. 

That'd be nice but it'll probably be like:

Stay negligent. Be oblivious.  Only lookout for yourself.

It's not the flu, it's the aftermath that has me concerned, particularly the economy. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

That'd be nice but it'll probably be like:

Stay negligent. Be oblivious.  Only lookout for yourself.

It's not the flu, it's the aftermath that has me concerned, particularly the economy. 

I have 782 packs of toilet paper and 19 bottles of lysol wipes.  I will be fine.  My prices start at $5 a turd ticket and $7.50 a wipe.

• Haha 3

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

My son:

"A little levity... I've practiced my whole life to be locked in my house with video games, food, and booze. This is my time to shine."

I've been locked in my apartment 52 days now. Watched nearly 300 movies; every Canuck game; read a bunch of novels ---- debating whether to do some online courses or pick up gaming again. My inner-introverted-hermit lifestyle has re-emerged!

• Cheers 4

54 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Well well well comrade, your true colors are now showing!

Racist! I am a proud mutt with Ukrainian heritage!

Honor thy pyroshki!

:bigblush:

Meanwhile, we've apparently got unlimited resources for "economic migrants". Ukraine is still at war and the west seems not to care.

The NHL is so bush league, what are they waiting for?  MLS is now going on a hiatus as well.  The quicker they act the easier it'll be for the players and teams to get home and not get exposed.  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Tre Mac said:

The NHL is so bush league, what are they waiting for?  MLS is now going on a hiatus as well.  The quicker they act the easier it'll be for the players and teams to get home and not get exposed.  

Lol you don't know that they aren't already home. They cancelled morning skates and I think theres an announcement from the nhl at 1...

Relax

• Thanks 1

Brazilian who met Trump this weekend tests positive for coronavirus

Thu 12 Mar 2020 15:14:48 GMT

Spokesman for Bolsonaro tests positive

The spokesman for Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro (seen here beside Trump on the weekend) has tested positive for coronavirus.

Brazil says Bolsonaro is being monitored for coronavirus himself and there is talk that he's showing symptoms.

Trump was just asked about it and said he's not worried.

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Lol you don't know that they aren't already home. They cancelled morning skates and I think theres an announcement from the nhl at 1...

Relax

I am relax lol, the NHL is bush league.  Teams are boarding flights for games that won't even be played because the NHL can't figure it out, they have to look to other leagues like the NBA for guidance.

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

Other than us crazy Canadians, who is going to watch hockey (if the league postpones games for a month) in the Summer?  I wonder what the cap crunch will be like next season?  The cost, after this season eventually ends, to dump Loui, Sutter, and Baer is going to be astronomical.  We are definitely not signing Marky, Tanev, and Tofu.  

3 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I am relax lol, the NHL is bush league.  Teams are boarding flights for games that won't even be played because the NHL can't figure it out, they have to look to other leagues like the NBA for guidance.

You seem relax.

Edited by 73 Percent

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Brazilian who met Trump this weekend tests positive for coronavirus

Thu 12 Mar 2020 15:14:48 GMT

The spokesman for Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro (seen here beside Trump on the weekend) has tested positive for coronavirus.

Brazil says Bolsonaro is being monitored for coronavirus himself and there is talk that he's showing symptoms.

Trump was just asked about it and said he's not worried.

Not that I wish ill will upon others, but Duterte is being tested, Trump un-worried about being in contact with many of these cases...... there's still a chance!

Edited by Canadian
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

We've canceled our annual Hawaiian vacation, it's not worth the risk. We go "out" only if necessary. I will probably get flamed, BUT, I think Canada should shut the border along the 49th, immediately. In BC alone how many Americans are going to flock to the ski hills, (Whistler/Blackcomb) over spring break? Our Canadian Dollar is barely worth 70 cents,  so all the more reason to do so. Screw everything, the horses have left the barn.

They won't put a travel ban on China so there's no hope in hell of anybody else being rejected. So basically we're wide open for anybody sick to come here. 

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Relax

Think the NHL is taking a break now too?  Chinese basketball took a nine week break and are starting up soon.  I think it’s going to end up being 12 weeks total break.  Can the NHL take off that long and still complete the season?  Revenue is going to drop a lot.