The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Try a little harder to come up with something.

Trump's more in the line of thinking of open'er up...good to go.  That's not my stance. 

"You're".   

I was talking about your style of providing your side of an argument in a discussion. You do not know what to say so you go off on a tangent. ::D

• Wat 3

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

There are "health and safety" rules that need to be followed and I am sure the Union will ensure these measures are in place and "safety equipment" is not the responsibility of the employee as part of employment. The employer will be responsible that all safety measures are put in place and this includes providing safety equipment to its employees.

Yah right...  have you ever worked a day in BC public education ?   Clearly not. 

BCTF are you kidding me..    they are still recovering from the last 20 years of having the crap kicked out of them by  various BC governments.....    

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I was talking about your style of providing your side of an argument in a discussion. You do not know what to say so you go off on a tangent. ::D

Get back on topic?  Or is this an example of "going off on a tangent"?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah right...  have you ever worked a day in BC public education ?  Clearly, not. 

Haha I guess there Union is not very strong then. There are stringent Health and Safety  rules that an employer MUST follow. If the Union is unable to hold them to them then I guess they have bigger problems then who is paying for hand sanitizer.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Haha I guess there Union is not very strong then. There are stringent Health and Safety  rules that an employer MUST follow. If the Union is unable to hold them to them then I guess they have bigger problems then who is paying for hand sanitizer.

Yes the union has very little power nowdays. 

Teaching kids in class all day...  working online with the other half of the class  evenings and weekends...

#BrokenBC

I wonder how many BC teachers will develop the sniffles on June 1 ?

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Sorry Deb but your really starting to talk about nothing now time to stop. 

Deb has been the voice of reason on this thread.  People that have been taking this virus seriously and following social isolation properly...  well they have saved so many lives of BC seniors and should be commended. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, stawns said:

We won't be going back to normal classes unless the virus disappears or a vaccine is available.

I imagine the current set up will be the "new normal" for at least 2 years if projections of getting a vaccine is 12-18 months.

Kinda wishful thinking that the Virus will disappear.  Drinking the Trump Kool-Aid?  Lol.

:P

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, BPA said:

I imagine the current set up will be the "new normal" for at least 2 years if projections of getting a vaccine is 12-18 months.

Kinda wishful thinking that the Virus will disappear.  Drinking the Trump Kool-Aid?  Lol.

:P

Just saying those are the only likely reasons for returning to full day, full student attendance.

I wouldn't be surprised if they extended the school day a bit, to make up for 4 days a week.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hopefully teachers are not asked to pay for and provide PPE to all students and themselves.

Hopefully teachers are not asked to pay for hand sanititzer and soap for all their students 

Do nurses have to pay for PPE for their patients and buy hospital supplies from various stores to bring with them on their shifts ?

Too bad Horgan did not promise increased budget for the need of  higher levels of cleaning in the schools. 

My neighbours wifes school has no day time janitor since the cutbacks 10 years ago.  Teachers  clean up the puke or admin does.....

Things need to really change in our   BC  schools.  Clean and safe is long overdue.   Fund the system properly BC Politicians....

#BrokenBC 

I agree with you King (someone slap me B)) the cleaning of schools has been going down hill for years along with their wages and the day custodians were cut by the Liberals years ago. My wife was a custodian for over 20 years before she retired early because it just wasn’t worth what they were paying. 
That being said I have grandchildren in Alberta and the schools there are even worse. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, spur1 said:

I agree with you King (someone slap me B)) the cleaning of schools has been going down hill for years along with their wages and the day custodians were cut by the Liberals years ago. My wife was a custodian for over 20 years before she retired early because it just wasn’t worth what they were paying

A lot of hospitals have the same problem, low wages, high work load.

Leads to a lot of employee turn over,  not as many experienced staff.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, spur1 said:

I agree with you King (someone slap me B)) the cleaning of schools has been going down hill for years along with their wages and the day custodians were cut by the Liberals years ago. My wife was a custodian for over 20 years before she retired early because it just wasn’t worth what they were paying. 
That being said I have grandchildren in Alberta and the schools there are even worse. 

Our custodians come in to start their shift around 2 and work until 10.  Admin is responsible for cleaning up "messes".

Our school gets pretty messy and dirty through the course of the day, but always clean in the morning!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Our custodians come in to start their shift around 2 and work until 10.  Admin is responsible for cleaning up "messes".

Our school gets pretty messy and dirty through the course of the day, but always clean in the morning!

Unless the custodian gets sick then they only replace half the time and the school just gets the gloss over. That is why some still go in sick because if they miss a couple days it takes a week or more to catch up. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gurn said:

A lot of hospitals have the same problem, low wages, high work load.

Leads to a lot of employee turn over,  not as many experienced staff.

One difference is hospital workers don't have to provide medical supplies to all their patients each day though.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Unless the custodian gets sick then they only replace half the time and the school just gets the gloss over. That is why some still go in sick because if they miss a couple days it takes a week or more to catch up. 

My daughters classroom has silver fish under the reading carpet... pretty much every day of the year.

Schools in BC are now super dirty...   can't see them getting cleaner after June 1. 

• Upvote 1