The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

58 minutes ago, stawns said:

When it comes to children, that's a hard "no they don't".  They sneeze and cough right at you.  Elementary aged kids do anyway.

Yep.

I keep telling my young one to cough into his elbow.  But that's after he's coughed in my face.

• Haha 4

Ministry of Education responds to petition against reopening BC schools

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/ministry-of-education-responds-petition

In a statement to Daily Hive, the Ministry of Education has responded to the concerns of parents, stating that they understand the anxiety some are feeling.

“The Provincial Health Officer has advised that it is safe for us to move to this stage of opening schools. If it wasn’t safe to do so, we wouldn’t be opening them. The health and safety of staff and students is our top priority,” reads the statement.

“That is why we are taking a measured, gradual approach to transitioning more students back into the classroom. Parents have the choice of bringing their children back to class part-time this school year or continuing with learning remotely.”

Schools in BC will reduce the number of students in school each day, and most students will receive in-class instruction part-time.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, BPA said:

Ministry of Education responds to petition against reopening BC schools

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/ministry-of-education-responds-petition

In a statement to Daily Hive, the Ministry of Education has responded to the concerns of parents, stating that they understand the anxiety some are feeling.

“The Provincial Health Officer has advised that it is safe for us to move to this stage of opening schools. If it wasn’t safe to do so, we wouldn’t be opening them. The health and safety of staff and students is our top priority,” reads the statement.

10,000 signatures now opposing Horvat / Dr Bonnie

Not the time to take off the teams forcheck and move to the neutral zone trap.  

Risking kids and school staff health for kids to do 8 days of online work at school...... makes ZERO sense.

Giving students and staff  ZERO PPE makes no sense.  Staff at Tim hortons have PPE but not our kids or teachers / school staff.

The bay takes temperature each day for their workers...   Schools - NOTHING. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 2

You look at how other Canadian provinces are dealing with the Pandemic.....

BC - ???

Ontario: Schools will remain closed until September, t 

Alberta: Schools will remain closed for the rest of the school year.

Saskatchewan: Schools will remain closed until at least September.

Manitoba: Schools will remain closed for the rest of the school year.

Quebec: Elementary schools and daycares outside Montreal reopened on May 11, but high schools, junior colleges and universities will stay closed until September. Elementary schools in the greater Montreal area will remain closed until late August.

New Brunswick: Schools will remain closed until September.

Nova Scotia: Schools will remain closed for the rest of the school year. 

Newfoundland and Labrador: Schools will remain closed until September.

Prince Edward Island: Classes will not continue this school year.

British Columbia: Schools are also set to reopen on an optional, part-time basis in June. The government’s goal remains the return of full-time classes in September, if it is safe.   

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, samurai said:

Thought you said you didn't know a single thing about her.    I wouldn't call what you did being respectful.  It is something else.  

Well it sure wasn’t kissing your rear. :towel:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Timbermen said:

I just learned it's all been discredited because it turns out she's a neo nazi KKK leader that is doing Trump's bidding. I've heard numerous doctors say that it works for Covid 19, these are doctors that have used it on patients and seen it with their own eyes. It has been used to successfully treat Malaria for the past 60 years. The only people i've heard disparage it was Pinnochio and his CNN buddy's..

Key word: malaria.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, BPA said:

Coronavirus: B.C. parents sign petition to keep schools closed till September

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/coronavirus-bc-parents-sign-petition-to-keep-schools-closed-till-september/ar-BB14jDGD?li=AA521o&ocid=iehp

A Vancouver mother has started a petition urging the province to keep schools closed until September under the COVID-19 pandemic.

That’s the way. 

There is no other way right now.

You don’t send 10 year old troops in battle to see if they catch the poison because of an itchy economic finger on the trigger.

Thats just imbecile.

12 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

No those were probable outcomes, and then they had a third outcome which was "worst case scenario" 

Yes that's right, they predicted 800,000 infections by mid-may and instead they have 6700

LOGIC

_
_
_
_
_
_    Layers of cement
_
_
_

_
_
                               The 5th Line

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

ThisAlberta argument stemmed off from many of my other points.  I'm not saying it's not serious and we don't need to do anything.  Sorry it's just hard getting so many different replies from different people.  These things begin to branch off and my initial point disappears 

Must be all the love... you’re famous now.

Edited by Me_

9 hours ago, samurai said:

Diseases don’t hibernate.  Bears do.   Numerous Dr. have argued that the disease is in rapid decline not just because of social distancing but because it is running its course or puttering out. 

You’ve taken “burn out” out of context.

SARS and Ebola don’t have the time to spread because people die faster than the disease can spread.

That’s the burn out; not that the disease will burn out as in “run out its course”. 

Are you suggesting that we open everything up and let Covid-19 “run its course”?

Because that is mental, bud.

WE. are the energy it needs. The more that energy is moving about, the more cases there are. 

It’s like dust. It sits still until it is disturbed. 

Then it catches a ride.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 3

6 hours ago, samurai said:

the video i posted he takes the burn out position - not a Trumpian one but a little more nuanced.  And then there are numerous others if you search who orient towards a burn out view. 

A nuanced, non-Trumpian burnout position.

I don’t know what you’re into but this is a family site.

5 hours ago, bree2 said:

I am  guessing that the families of their loved ones who died appreciated  what he is saying. sorry he is the lowest of lows! I hope he gets the virus

Not yet.

He’ll figure out how to cancel the elections.

If there are elections he’ll cancel the post office.

He is as close to a dictator as you can get in America... so far... until tomorrow... where we’ll think we’re again, definitely at the lowest of the lows, and yet, the day after, it’ll be unbelievable yet again.

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, samurai said:

Thought you said you didn't know a single thing about her.    I wouldn't call what you did being respectful.  It is something else.  

Dude are you for real?

People are trying to help you out. 

Really.

• Vintage 1