The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

23 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hopefully 'BC can get our covid numbers back down to single digits soon. 

Heading in the right direction

https://www.tricitynews.com/active-covid-19-cases-in-b-c-fall-20-in-past-week-1.24138467

Active COVID-19 cases in B.C. fall 20% in past week

Only 317 people have the coronavirus in B.C. and have not yet recovered, down from 397 a week ago

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

:lol:

Had to. It was @StealthNuck Had to give him a reason to reconsider my unban, lol.

My alternate posts were going to be, “That’s what Stealth said”, “Stealth has had enough of Big Willy’s D”, and “Stealth knows a solid D wins games.”

If anyone has a better self deprecating sense of humour, I haven’t met them on these boards thus far. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

she said that a couple of weeks ago. She also said, which is true, that most of our outbreaks were not from foreign travellers, but from our own citizens coming back. Not sure what choice we had RS, should we have left 1 million citizens shut out from coming home? 

quarentine

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome. 

This will be part of the debate regarding the kids going back to school.

Do we know enough about covid and it's affects on children?

what are the case numbers on that? 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats what we did, and it worked outside of Quebec. 

Have to wonder how much an impact those selfish "snow birds" (a good number that didn't bother to self-isolate after returning from infested Florida) had on the numbers in Quebec.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Have to wonder how much an impact those selfish "snow birds" (a good number that didn't bother to self-isolate after returning from infested Florida) had on the numbers in Quebec.

I suspect a lot. Not enough people took it seriously clearly. Self-quarantine works but why didn't more Quebeckers do it? dunno. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Quebec closed its border a couple of days earlier than Ontario.

So they alllll came through Ontario to get back to Quebec.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh, pretty small I think. Still rare but apparently starting to pop up more than it used to.

They still don't know if it is linked to covid but they think so..

well you know what that will do, unknown fears are often scarier than known ones. 

grade schools are little germ factories tho, not sure how you really avoid it. Apparently a lot of kids are missing their other vaccinations due to this, so while they may not get covid here comes measles. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I doubt it is just snowbirds

After watching this, I got to wondering about what is going on?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/travel/news/john-ivison-why-are-travellers-from-abroad-still-landing-at-canada-s-airports-during-covid-19-lockdown/ar-BB14nNFT?ocid=msedgdhp

We are locked in the borders, maybe the rich still cross by cars?

I saw Washington plates on the freeway last long weekend

Is it possible that this ”New World” is being set up for only the people with money to enjoy?

Whether we like it or not, the rich and powerful have called the shots since early man

No Discount airlines to fly around the world, as flights will have less people and be much more expensive

Those beaches will be less crowded for them to enjoy as well

Restaurants will also be  a luxury, with less people and higher costs to cover the operation

Most small potato business will not afford to survive and corporations will grow even bigger

With no crowds or protests, all communication monitored through cell phones, internet  etc

What’s next, obsolete all money, because it is dirty and track people by where they spend?

Tracking by cell phone or vaccine, it will be hard to gain back the freedoms once enjoyed for many

The rich will appear to not have lost as many privileges and carry on with less crowds

Apparently one incident in one town on one day in a place far away has changed the world so drastically

Even the nuclear meltdowns never had this kind of effect

It is a scary world today and happened so fast

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well you know what that will do, unknown fears are often scarier than known ones. 

Yep. Agreed. 

This condition doesn't seem to be hitting lots of kids, but they are seeing it in more and more places and the news outlets are yapping about it. 

This will spread fear and make people second guess sending their kids back.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I doubt it is just snowbirds

After watching this, I got to wondering about what is going on?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/travel/news/john-ivison-why-are-travellers-from-abroad-still-landing-at-canada-s-airports-during-covid-19-lockdown/ar-BB14nNFT?ocid=msedgdhp

We are locked in the borders, maybe the rich still cross by cars?

I saw Washington plates on the freeway last long weekend

Is it possible that this ”New World” is being set up for only the people with money to enjoy?

Whether we like it or not, the rich and powerful have called the shots since early man

No Discount airlines to fly around the world, as flights will have less people and be much more expensive

Those beaches will be less crowded for them to enjoy as well

Restaurants will also be  a luxury, with less people and higher costs to cover the operation

Most small potato business will not afford to survive and corporations will grow even bigger

With no crowds or protests, all communication monitored through cell phones, internet  etc

What’s next, obsolete all money, because it is dirty and track people by where they spend?

Tracking by cell phone or vaccine, it will be hard to gain back the freedoms once enjoyed for many

The rich will appear to not have lost as many privileges and carry on with less crowds

Apparently one incident in one town on one day in a place far away has changed the world so drastically

Even the nuclear meltdowns never had this kind of effect

It is a scary world today and happened so fast

Once they develop and perfect nano-tech we will all be under control anyway.

Damn reptilians. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yep. Agreed. 

This condition doesn't seem to be hitting lots of kids, but they are seeing it in more and more places and the news outlets are yapping about it. 

This will spread fear and make people second guess sending their kids back.

it will. We can get into discussions of overall risk profiles for things, but then some people will accuse you of being heartless, or a Trumper, trying to downplay it or whatever.

But there are real effects on kids in other ways. What happens if we close schools down for another year, thats probably the only way to really have a 100% guarantee that no kid gets covid at a school. Is that going to cause a higher percentage of serious problems in other areas? 

• Vintage 2