Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

22 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Definition of lethal:

1a : of, relating to, or causing death
b : capable of causing death
2 : gravely damaging or destructive
3 : very potent or effective a lethal fastball

Better be sure you really want to go here with me. And please don't put words in my mouth.

:lol:

Wow! Your as bad as the "vocabulary police". :lol: You can pick whatever part of the definition you like ,or nitpick here, but since I said it, I meant the 1a. 

Go there with you? Now your trying to intimidate me? Your a piece of work. LOL! 

• Wat 1

23 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Definition of lethal:

1a : of, relating to, or causing death
b : capable of causing death
2 : gravely damaging or destructive
3 : very potent or effective a lethal fastball

Better be sure you really want to go here with me. And please don't put words in my mouth.

:lol:

so far we haven't had a child die in BC and that is awesome, but it doesn't mean our children are in the clear! or for that matter all the people who think this is all a hoax and they should just fill the parks, gyms and beaches. I have been isolated since this has started and I would like to be able to resume my life, but I won't be able to if people act selfishly

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

There are so many branches to this, though.

What about if they go to school but that means staying away from Grandparents or loved ones?  There's also an impact there.

And mental health issues do offer "help" to try to combat them...right now, covid does not (other than try not to get it).

Kids ARE resilient and if parents do a good job of guiding them through this, they'll be just fine.  If they go to school in a bit of an "unknown" atmosphere that has teachers questioning the whole deal that loss of a sense of security may also be felt.  That it won't be "business as usual" and will be strange and an adjustment as well.  Teachers won't be as focused as they have yet one more thing to worry about with their students.  I'm not sure it's fair to the kids or the teachers to throw them back in without a good plan in place.

I feel it's premature and that September makes sense.  But I also get that parents have limited options and do have to return to work so it's all about finding something that works for everyone.  And considering the risk that teachers and children may be facing is part of that.

there really are. I'm just wondering out loud here if we're creating some harms, particular for the more vulnerable kids. It seems like the consensus from the educators on here that Sep. seems reasonable and doable, so thats probably the right decision. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I agree but what I have noticed is people (not saying you) who are flippant about this virus, or those who take the hard right stance on economy over human life, have glommed onto this issue. It's totally disingenuous as many of these people are the least likely to care about people suffering from mental health issues in the first place. It's merely a ploy to steer policy in a way that suits their own personal agenda.

I'm definitely not in that camp! hope i haven't given that impression. You know what its like to have a kid with anxiety, its a daily struggle. They fall thought the cracks at the best of times so I'm just hoping that they don't get lost in all this. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, wloutet said:

Looks like there might be some jobs for tutors in the summer and starting next September.

no doubt. Zoom Tutor will probably end up being a thing if its isn't already. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no doubt. Zoom Tutor will probably end up being a thing if its isn't already. 

It's already a big part of what I do.....although we use Bluejeans instead of Zoom. Lots of security issues with Zoom....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Oh but we do know...……..That people are dying from this pandemic and the majority of them are Elderly.

What you don’t know, are the lasting effects, the ongoing damage it may do to the body, the mutations of the virus that may come, and at what interval, what the virus’ composition actually is, what remedy may be viable, if that remedy is long-term or if it’s short-term, if one can get it a second time or does it go dormant, if recovered patients are still contagious but asymptomatic, what the effects are of having symptoms a second time...

And so many other questions we know we don’t know the answers to. As we discover answers, new questions will arise.

And until there is a good amount more certainty as to its behaviour, we better be on the side of caution and not assume that medical conventions apply as usual.

Let the old people die is a horrible idea, and only a disconnected soul would forward such a thought.

And Bruins fans.

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bree2 said:

so far we haven't had a child die in BC and that is awesome, but it doesn't mean our children are in the clear! or for that matter all the people who think this is all a hoax and they should just fill the parks, gyms and beaches. I have been isolated since this has started and I would like to be able to resume my life, but I won't be able to if people act selfishly

Actually, nobody in BC under 40 has died from this virus. Unfortunately though, if you are 60 or older, and have underlying health problems, you will not be safe until a vaccine is found. I like how some businesses have special shopping times for those who require a little more safety precautions and I think there should be more of this in place so that they can start to live somewhat normal lives too. Find a way that they can get a haircut or visit family without endangering themselves. Anything is possible, it just has to be thought out and done in a safe manner.

Yes I agree those people walking around like nothing is wrong disturbs me too. That's what happens when you think your issues are far more important then others. These people almost bump into me in the grocery store because they don't care about anyone else's safety they just need that bag of chips. ::D

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Canadians falling for conspiracy theories:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/half-of-canadians-fooled-by-covid-19-conspiracy-theories-study/ar-BB14qAGS?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

Nearly half of Canadians subscribe to coronavirus conspiracy theories --

I simply do not believe this poll. There's no way 1/2 of the country is falling for this stuff, we'd see far more pushback on our efforts. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm definitely not in that camp! hope i haven't given that impression. You know what its like to have a kid with anxiety, its a daily struggle. They fall thought the cracks at the best of times so I'm just hoping that they don't get lost in all this. 

No, not at all brother. I think "your" a great poster!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I simply do not believe this poll. There's no way 1/2 of the country is falling for this stuff, we'd see far more pushback on our efforts. 

They probably conducted the poll at a yellow vest gathering....<_<

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I hope not, but I am seeing people that I never would have guessed would believe some of this bs parrot it.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Me_ said:

What you don’t know, are the lasting effects, the ongoing damage it may do to the body, the mutations that may come, and at what interval, what the virus’ composition actually is, that remedy may be viable, if that remedy is long-term or if it’s short-term, if one can get it a second time or does it go dormant, if recovered patients are still contagious but asymptomatic, what the effects are of having symptoms a second time...

And so many other questions we know we don’t know the answers to. As we discover answers, new questions will arise.

And until there is a good amount more certainty as to its behaviour, we better be on the side of caution.

Let the old people die is a horrible idea, and only a disconnected soul would forward such a thought.

And Bruins fans.

I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself as we are very early in this things development, there are a lot of questions to be answered and the only thing we can go on ,RIGHT NOW, is the data that is currently available. Yes this might happen and that might happen but right now 97% of our population that are dying are 60 years and older. When you triage, you take care of those immediately in danger and work out from there. Yes it is not good for anybody to get this but right now, our parents and grandparents are dying and that should be our priority at this stage of the game.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I hope not, but I am seeing people that I never would have guessed would believe some of this bs parrot it.  

yikes. 

I blame the excessive drinking and weed use during the lockdown. The area around our building is like freaking woodstock before dinner time. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

No, not at all brother. I think "your" a great poster!

I find that using "yer" simplifies things....

....you know, like "take yer vitamin D crap someplace else", or "hey CBH! Yer hockey team blows!", or "Hey Clam....yer an idiot"......

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I find that using "yer" simplifies things....

....you know, like "take yer vitamin D crap someplace else", or "hey CBH! Yer hockey team blows!", or "Hey Clam....yer an idiot"......

Oh yeah RUBERTKBD..........

• Haha 1