The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

18 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself as we are very early in this things development, there are a lot of questions to be answered and the only thing we can go on ,RIGHT NOW, is the data that is currently available. Yes this might happen and that might happen but right now 97% of our population that are dying are 60 years and older. When you triage, you take care of those immediately in danger and work out from there. Yes it is not good for anybody to get this but right now, our parents and grandparents are dying and that should be our priority at this stage of the game.

Nah I think I’m pretty much in front of the game by knowing I know nothing at all. 

I do not assume that RIGHT NOW STATS are altruistic of what this virus is. 

The goalposts keep changing. Covid-19 behaves more like a slow moving Ebola than a fast moving SARS.

It’s pretty scary actually.

In the meantime, we’re walking straight into the fall of 2020 as if the fall of 1918 never happened.

Perhaps your mind will change in time when the carnage will be much more obvious.

Edited by Me_

Alberta Premier Kenney says he will not make coronavirus vaccine mandatory

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney has said that he would not make a coronavirus vaccine mandatory.

Speaking on a Facebook livestream on Wednesday night, Kenney said that "There’s been some misinformation that the government recently adopted a law requiring mandatory vaccinations. That is completely untrue."

https://thepostmillennial.com/alberta-premier-kenney-says-he-will-not-make-coronavirus-vaccine-mandatory

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I simply do not believe this poll. There's no way 1/2 of the country is falling for this stuff, we'd see far more pushback on our efforts. 

Who takes polls?

The last time I bothered, well I didn't really bother at all and gave all BS answers.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Alberta Premier Kenney says he will not make coronavirus vaccine mandatory

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney has said that he would not make a coronavirus vaccine mandatory.

Speaking on a Facebook livestream on Wednesday night, Kenney said that "There’s been some misinformation that the government recently adopted a law requiring mandatory vaccinations. That is completely untrue."

https://thepostmillennial.com/alberta-premier-kenney-says-he-will-not-make-coronavirus-vaccine-mandatory

Of course he would do this.  I wonder what kind of percentage of his base subscribe to antivaxx or antivaxx leaning ideology. 

Edit:  I know some people who vote to that side of the political scale who have anti-vaxx ideas.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds

30 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I find that using "yer" simplifies things....

....you know, like "take yer vitamin D crap someplace else", or "hey CBH! Yer hockey team blows!", or "Hey Clam....yer an idiot"......

What's funny is I was thinking the exact same thing before I wrote that. It would save the rednecks a whole heap of spelling trouble.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself as we are very early in this things development, there are a lot of questions to be answered and the only thing we can go on ,RIGHT NOW, is the data that is currently available. Yes this might happen and that might happen but right now 97% of our population that are dying are 60 years and older. When you triage, you take care of those immediately in danger and work out from there. Yes it is not good for anybody to get this but right now, our parents and grandparents are dying and that should be our priority at this stage of the game.

28 Canadian soldiers tested positive back east while protecting the care homes, what the hell!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, gurn said:

Canadians falling for conspiracy theories:

Thanks for posting.

I wonder if it's time for a conspiracy thread?

I mentioned the 5G one the other day.

It's so blinking obvious. US falls behind in technology and all of a sudden that tech is the work of evil.

They say all empires fall but I can't help but be concerned that this USA one could take us all with it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thanks for posting.

It's so blinking obvious. US falls behind in technology and all of a sudden that tech is the work of evil.

They say all empires fall but I can't help but be concerned that this USA one could take us all with it. 

Watch that border.

Americans will try to escape the carnage that will be.

Airports, crossings, waterways and guns.

They are going to get hit real hard down there. 

No plan.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Of course he would do this.  I wonder what kind of percentage of his base subscribe to antivaxx or antivaxx leaning ideology. 

Edit:  I know some people who vote to that side of the political scale who have anti-vaxx ideas.

I certainly won't be taking any coronavirus vaccine.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I hope not, but I am seeing people that I never would have guessed would believe some of this bs parrot it.  

unfortunately people believe what they want to believe even though they know it probably isn't true.  Its their way of coping.  Just like that FB friend that I posted about earlier.  Not able to cope with not taking her kid to a public playground or sit down for a meal at a Mcdonalds.  So they glum on to anything that suits them and makes them feel better.  Me?  I'm the exact opposite.  In a situation of crisis, my BS detector is on high.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, coho8888 said:

unfortunately people believe what they want to believe even though they know it probably isn't true.  Its their way of coping.  Just like that FB friend that I posted about earlier.  Not able to cope with not taking her kid to a public playground or sit down for a meal at a Mcdonalds.  So they glum on to anything that suits them and makes them feel better.  Me?  I'm the exact opposite.  In a situation of crisis, my BS detector is on high.

People are entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, coho8888 said:

The dream of past and future events make up our lives. Rare are we in the present. Only in the present can we change things.

Rare are the moments of high awareness. Awareness opens the door to change. And change is hard for a human being, let alone a culture; an entire race of 7.8 billion copies of life’s manifestation; the homo sapien sapien.

Whoever practices high awareness, flow, the now, or any nomenclature that may be prescribed to the instance of the present is in fact in possession of their time and no other resource is more precious. 

We tend to associate this time of isolation as time wasted. Time in the dream is correlative to work and mundane meetings. Whatever pays the bills. That is the dream. The nightmare. The cancer. The inability to wake up and see it coming.

Well... here it is.  Time to think.

Never in our collective experience, have we had, or may ever have again, a chance to change our ways. To bring true compassion to a Global civilization that is very sick right now, functioning on the rules of the Industrial Age in the times of a new evolving Era of Global digital communication and 24/7 bombardment of the dream.

Whatever way is one’s favorite way to access the true instance of the present, I do encourage you to do so as this is the time when rethinking is of primordial necessity.

Habits are extremely hard to break. And most habits were sold to us through marketing messaging way beyond the scope of the No Logo culture. 

As we open up again, we are already starting to see the dream awaken again so as to have us forget the nightmares of past memories we cannot get away from when left to our own means for too long; like children.

As long as the dream of shopping, leisure travelling, consumption and plastic living is the priority, I fear that an easily accessible part of the human cognitive experience necessary to our evolution, when trained, most will never know. 

The 6th extinction. Insects will talk about it.

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Thanks for posting.

Them Asian hornets are getting covid Infected pollen from 5G towers and spreading it around.

Its part of Chinese invasion of the west, better keep powder dry!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Them Asian hornets are getting covid Infected pollen from 5G towers and spreading it around.

Its part of Chinese invasion of the west, better keep powder dry!

VITAMIN DEEEEEE!!!!

• Haha 1