The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Hard to have cases if they don't test. The "strain" here hasn't mutated to the "Italian strain" yet. Isn't it strange that an entire country that does nothing to screen for the virus has fewer sick people than one American city, Seattle? Vancouver International airport, more flight and people from China than any other city and not one Chinese person with the virus? That Italian doctor on tv was almost begging the world to do general testing, he described it like a bomb that goes off again and again and again a doesn't stop because they, Italy, didn't do general testing until it was too late.

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i strongly recommend

that is there is uncertainty about this virus issue

that people check in daily with the bc medical health office in charge, Dr. Henry

to clear up what is important and what they should be doing

do not guess or rely on what you might hear on here or from other sources

we have excellent medical guidance in this province

https://globalnews.ca/news/6663168/coronavirus-bc-health-daily-update/

Sure...

Not sure how that refutes anything I posted but ok...

6 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i strongly recommend

that is there is uncertainty about this virus issue

that people check in daily with the bc medical health office in charge, Dr. Henry

to clear up what is important and what they should be doing

do not guess or rely on what you might hear on here or from other sources

we have excellent medical guidance in this province

https://globalnews.ca/news/6663168/coronavirus-bc-health-daily-update/

The logical thing IMO would be to take the advice and rely on the reports coming from doctors in countries heavily affected like Italy rather than in our own country where others have said doctors think Covid-19 is “fake news”. 

Not saying they aren’t excellent medical professionals but how could they possibly make a more accurate assessment of the situation than the medical professionals across the globe currently dealing with overwhelming numbers of this? 

That being said that article does have good guidance and things to follow.

Edited by Petey40

Just now, aGENT said:

Sure...

Not sure how that refutes anything I posted but ok...

you have subtle misunderstandings about the main risk factors regarding transmission

rather then me attempt to identify those

it is better if people listen to what medical authorities are saying

and in bc we have excellent guidance

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

The logical thing IMO would be to take the advice and rely on the reports coming from doctors in countries heavily affected like Italy rather than in our own country where others have said doctors think Covid-19 is “fake news”. 

Not saying they aren’t excellent medical professionals but how could they possibly make a more accurate assessment of the situation than the medical professionals across the globe currently dealing with overwhelming numbers of this? 

you have little clue what you are talking about

please listen to guidance provided by bc medical authorities, dr. henry in particular

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

you have subtle misunderstandings about the main risk factors regarding transmission

rather then me attempt to identify those

it is better if people listen to what medical authorities are saying

and in bc we have excellent guidance

Nope.

30 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

My question is why should it matter that there are more mild cases not being reported? As of right now all the cases tested come up with a 3.4% mortality rating. Do you think everyone goes to the hospital to report the flu every year? No of course not so there numbers would actually have a lower mortality rating as well. The mortality and hospitalization is vastly higher than any virus we deal with and is overwhelming the healthcare system. And also you should do some research on what’s happening in Italy before YOU start spreading misinformation.

As has been mentioned before, Italy has one of the oldest populations in the world, with over 60% of its population aged 40 and above (and 23% of its population aged 65 and over). This is in line with what's been reported about the Coronavirus disproportionately affecting the elderly. 

32 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

There are more and more reports about how they aren’t even treating over 60 anymore because younger healthy people require intubation and they have to give priority to the young healthy people.

I assume you have a source for this.

33 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I don’t want to fear monger but these are the reports coming from medical professionals currently dealing with the situation. I’d sooner listen to them than the people not dealing with what’s going on. 

I literally just gave you quotes from Johns Hopkins doctors lmao. This isn't coming from me. But the more and more I read your posts the more I realize you're set on believing this narrative of yours, no matter which sources I cite. 

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

that is fine

i am happy to debate hockey issues with you

not going to debate the intricacies of virus transmission with you however

stay safe

1 minute in. 5:30 in. 

8:00 in...

"The primary mechanism for transmission is just the respiratory route, it's just breathing."