The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, Wilbur said:

I believe most are using how deaths are attributed to the flu.  I nabbed this from the CDC site: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/faq.htm

And I'm fine with that.  Yes, other factors are at play, but, as you said, that's not a Sunday thing...probably not even something someone untrained in stats/health/etc could easily do.

Thanks for giving me an out, truth is I blamed on lazy Sunday but in reality it's way, way over my head.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Story isn't over yet though is it?  This just isn't a 'shot across the bow' against you but anybody who is doing their 'victory lap' before this "event" has moved on.

Game of Thrones was (imho) the greatest show on TV before it started to decline in later seasons & totally **** the bed in season 8.

I honestly can say I haven’t seen any GOT. I was going to wait till it was over and then power through it marathon style. But then everyone said the ending ruined the whole show and not to bother haha so I decided to spend my time else where. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why am I even seeing this clowns posts all of a sudden.  Ive had your verbal diarrhea on mute for a long time now

And you're a teacher? I feel bad for your students. Why did you block me because I correct you on your tolko claims. Maybe when the BC government pays their teachers so low they are judging it on people like you.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

And you're a teacher? I feel bad for your students. Why did you block me because I correct you on your tolko claims. Maybe when the BC government pays their teachers so low they are judging it on people like you.

Sorry mate. strawns is one of the most coolheaded, realest, even keel posters on this site, and I’m sure he’s a pretty cool teacher to.

I’m for Mr. A.

Take someone else’s apple.

Edited by Me_
  • Wat 4
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

You talk about not trusting Dr Tam because of political shenanigans, then you use American examples, then you cite Dr Tam recommending citations as your Canadian equivalent of the political shenanigans. 

You're all over the place.

Quit bombarding me with questions then. I don't know much about Tam, i do know it caused a stir when she said that. We don't need that treatment in B.C, Most people followed the guidelines without being treated like children. I have a 3M mask i wear at the grocery store and i keep my distance. I guess it was an empty threat to those that won't follow the guidelines. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

14 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Again I think people might be confused in what I’m stating. I’m not saying we did the wrong thing originally. I think the lockdown was good considering the unknown. Now that we have more understanding I’m saying it’s time to start opening up again. Like we are doing. My debate is with the group that thinks things need to remained closed longer. And disagrees with the govt phased plan approach that has been implemented. 

16 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Which is why Sweden is great controlled test variable. This claim was the major call on why we needed lockdown. Yet Sweden has shown that not locking the country down does not overwhelm their health care and their death rate is only slightly higher. All while not shutting down there economy. 

One method the country comes out of this In shambles, broke and with a debt and that will years and years to recover from.  Where the other method the country comes out way ahead. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think anyone disagrees we can to start opening up, slowly and with caution.

There are plenty, even in this very thread people are complaining about it. 

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

However, it's pretty clear that a certain element of our population is going to ruin that for everyone else, exemplified by the park in TO yesterday.

Leafs fans tend to thing they are on top of the world and unstoppable...Until the first round of playoffs hits

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

Gentleman, back on track.

Far too many reports based around personal attacks. If somebody has a different opinion than you, that is ok, you do not have to engage them and bring someone's profession into question, that has no bearing on the conversation at hand.

Consider this a warning for all.

I won't keep anything going but to my knowledge bringing up professions don't violate board rules, especially professions 100% funded by the tax payer. I believe it was him that called me a clown which does violate board rules. Anyhow I'm good with staying on topic.

Cheers. 

• Wat 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I won't keep anything going but to my knowledge bringing up professions don't violate board rules, especially professions 100% funded by the tax payer. I believe it was him that called me a clown which does violate board rules. Anyhow I'm good with staying on topic.

Cheers. 

We all have lesser performing days.

29 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Two scenarios. Both involve death. One puts us in a worse outlook when everything is over. The other puts us in a better outlook. If your odds are set up to lose at least focus on area with a glimmer of hope.

Again I think people might be confused in what I’m stating. I’m not saying we did the wrong thing originally. I think the lockdown was good considering the unknown. Now that we have more understanding I’m saying it’s time to start opening up again. Like we are doing. My debate is with the group that thinks things need to remained closed longer. And disagrees with the govt phased plan approach that has been implemented. 

1.  I wonder if those (like my friend) who lost a loved one feels it's a matter of "a better outlook"?

2.  We weren't in "lockdown"

3.  People aren't against opening up again...it just can't be forced/rushed "because".  Because the consequences of that could be huge.  Let's face it...kids going back to school is likely, in part, because their parents are going back to work and need the kids in school.  They pay school taxes, etc. but is it going to result in things regressing and, therefore, needing stronger actions than if it's easing in more slowly?

This is something that doesn't have concrete answers yet and it's "ok" to question things that could be a matter of one step forward, three back.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Quit bombarding me with questions then. I don't know much about Tam, i do know it caused a stir when she said that. We don't need that treatment in B.C, Most people followed the guidelines without being treated like children. I have a 3M mask i wear at the grocery store and i keep my distance. I guess it was an empty threat to those that won't follow the guidelines. 

I asked one question about how Dr Tam was politisizing the situation, which you accused her of

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I asked one question about how Dr Tam was politisizing the situation, which you accused her of

i said i didn't trust her like i do Bonnie Henry. You asked why and i told you. I've also heard she works for UN first, Canada second but i'm not saying i believe that. I admit it likely tainted my onion of her when she said that. I wasn't very clear when i brought up the US politics. I was using it as an example of why you shouldn't believe all experts. Think about it, there are experts saying Global Warming but there are also so called experts that deny it because it's politicized. It all depends who's buttering your bread, just my 2 cents, don't get all worked up. Opinions are like you know what, everybody has one.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

i said i didn't trust her like i do Bonnie Henry. You asked why and i told you. I've also heard she works for UN first, Canada second but i'm not saying i believe that. I admit it likely tainted my onion of her when she said that. I wasn't very clear when i brought up the US politics. I was using it as an example of why you shouldn't believe all experts. Think about it, there are experts saying Global Warming but there are also so called experts that deny it because it's politicized. It all depends who's buttering your bread, just my 2 cents, don't get all worked up. Opinions are like you know what, everybody has one.

Tam has spent her entire career working in the Canadian public health system under both Conservative and Liberal governments .... why would you think she's "UN first"? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3