The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Timbermen said:

Didn't she threaten every one with criminal prosecution for forgetting to stay 2 meters away from each other?

I don't recall that...do you have a point of reference for this?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

i said i didn't trust her like i do Bonnie Henry. You asked why and i told you. I've also heard she works for UN first, Canada second but i'm not saying i believe that. I admit it likely tainted my onion of her when she said that. I wasn't very clear when i brought up the US politics. I was using it as an example of why you shouldn't believe all experts. Think about it, there are experts saying Global Warming but there are also so called experts that deny it because it's politicized. It all depends who's buttering your bread, just my 2 cents, don't get all worked up. Opinions are like you know what, everybody has one.

You're posts were very unclear and seemed to mysteriously be conflating the Canadian PHO with American politics.

It made very little sense.

You then attacked @stawns ability in his profession for questioning what the hell you were talking about.

Now you accuse him of getting 'all worked up'.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Tam has spent her entire career working in the Canadian public health system under both Conservative and Liberal governments .... why would you think she's "UN first"? 

Like i said, I'm not saying i believe that but there are FB memes implying it, i'm aware most of what's on FB is BS too. Thats why i said,'m not saying i believe that. You just educated me on something i did not know. That's what this forum is for, yea? Now that i know she's spent her entire career here, definatley puts those conspiracy memes to rest.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Timbermen said:

Like i said, I'm not saying i believe that but there are FB memes implying it, i'm aware most of what's on FB is BS too. Thats why i said,'m not saying i believe that. You just educated me on something i did not know. That's what this forum is for, yea? Now that i know she's spent her entire career here, definatley puts those conspiracy memes to rest.

it is, thats why I like talking to people with different and strong opinions. It doesn't have to get pissy.

FB and other social media does more harm than good imo. 

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it is, thats why I like talking to people with different and strong opinions. It doesn't have to get pissy.

FB and other social media does more harm than good imo. 

I've been preaching FB is evil for years but nobody listens to me.

:frantic:

PS.  I don't have a FB account. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

i said i didn't trust her like i do Bonnie Henry. You asked why and i told you. I've also heard she works for UN first, Canada second but i'm not saying i believe that. I admit it likely tainted my onion of her when she said that. I wasn't very clear when i brought up the US politics. I was using it as an example of why you shouldn't believe all experts. Think about it, there are experts saying Global Warming but there are also so called experts that deny it because it's politicized. It all depends who's buttering your bread, just my 2 cents, don't get all worked up. Opinions are like you know what, everybody has one.

It's important NOT to put things out there based on your personal "feelings" and hearsay because some gobble it up as fact.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear/read...correct.  But you also are presenting a tainted view on someone based on those very things!

We have trusted experts who have clearly done a fairly good job in a big picture way to date of navigating us through this crisis.  Understand that they, too, are learning on the fly with a novel coronavirus that isn't fully understood yet.  That they have to make decisions weighing out everything they do have and they won't always be perfect.  

I trust Dr. Tam.  I feel she's done a wonderful job, even if it was slow out of the gates it was likely due to "needing information" that just wasn't there yet.   A fairly well balanced approach to date.

If you don't trust someone that's different than stating something about them that wasn't true.  I don't recall her threatening harsh measures.  More, suggesting that it'll lead to that if people don't do what it takes...that strict measures (a last resort) may have to be considered if this thing isn't being contained through voluntary responses.  Basically a case of "the choice is yours", which means we have options.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

It's fine for keeping in touch with family, friends etc... But the (frequently inaccurate and grade school level) political memes etc are having a negative effect on political discourse.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BPA said:

FB, like anything, is at the discretion of the user.  If people want to obtain "facts" from a social site that was intended to connect people, that's more their deal than it is Facebook's.  Research, compare notes, gather information then decide.  If you go to FB to get "news" you likely are fishing from the wrong pond.

I like to see what's out there and then put it all together to decide what I feel is credible or not.  We all should be responsible for that - not just to grab something and run.  We also all have likely done that at some point...but be open to people who can prove things wrong or at least try to.  Be a sponge and absorb things then squeeze what you want out of them.  Not a rock.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I honestly can say I haven’t seen any GOT. I was going to wait till it was over and then power through it marathon style. But then everyone said the ending ruined the whole show and not to bother haha so I decided to spend my time else where. 

Yeah I fairly recently “binged watched” the series myself (you and I are probably the only two people on the planet that hadn’t watched the series yet at the start of the year.:lol:  Been able to catch up on what I missed.

But each person is different on what they may find entertaining.   

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah I fairly recently “binged watched” the series myself (you and I are probably the only two people on the planet that hadn’t watched the series yet at the start of the year.:lol:  Been able to catch up on what I missed.

But each person is different on what they may find entertaining.   

I've only ever seen the first season! Never watched a single episode of GoT when it was still in production. I did love what I saw, though. One day.....

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's important NOT to put things out there based on your personal "feelings" and hearsay because some gobble it up as fact.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear/read...correct.  But you also are presenting a tainted view on someone based on those very things!

We have trusted experts who have clearly done a fairly good job in a big picture way to date of navigating us through this crisis.  Understand that they, too, are learning on the fly with a novel coronavirus that isn't fully understood yet.  That they have to make decisions weighing out everything they do have and they won't always be perfect.  

I trust Dr. Tam.  I feel she's done a wonderful job, even if it was slow out of the gates it was likely due to "needing information" that just wasn't there yet.   A fairly well balanced approach to date.

If you don't trust someone that's different than stating something about them that wasn't true.  I don't recall her threatening harsh measures.  More, suggesting that it'll lead to that if people don't do what it takes...that strict measures (a last resort) may have to be considered if this thing isn't being contained through voluntary responses.  Basically a case of "the choice is yours", which means we have options.

True, FB is the worst at disingenuous posting on both sides though. All just clickbait, i've only used it for just over a year and there are some useful things about it, staying connected with family/friends. There is another side to it that is alot like the Nation Inquirer. Just clickbait nonsense. I've seen it ruin long time friendships, used to be a sign at the local pub, 'No politics or religious arguing allowed here.' That why, it would end up a brawl. All i said was i trust Bonnie Henry, Tam, not as much. I was asked why and was corrected in my response. I admit i was ignorant in that statement and have no reason to not trust her if what she said was misconstrued and used for clickbait.......Once again. 

Edited by Timbermen
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Timbermen said:

True, FB is the worst at disingenuous posting on both sides though. All just clickbait, i've only used it for just over a year and there are some useful things about it, staying connected with family/freinds. There is another side to it that is alot like the Nation Inquirer. Just clickbait nonsense. I've seen it ruin long time friendships, used to be a sign at the local pub, 'No politics or religious arguing allowed here.' That why, it would end up a brawl. All i said was i trust Bonnie Henry, Tam, not as much. I was asked why and was corrected in my response. I admit i was ignorant in that statement and have no reason to not trust her if what she said was misconstrued and used for clickbait.......Once again. 

A lot of my income comes from my FB consulting page. 

Fake bots are easily noticeable after a while. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1