The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

10 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Great post samurai. It’s good to see.

As for the “big monkey in the room”, I have only one question: who did you did you run away from that you had to move all the way to Japan?

It’s about the loved ones of everyone. That is the intangible part part of your assessment that isn’t isn’t in your discourse. 

Love.

Lives for lives.   Now get back to watching CNN and the other mainstream media so you can keep everyone rightly informed on this site.   

• Wat 1

Honestly, I would be surprised if anyone knew the true answer as to what we should be doing at this point. On one hand, people die. On another hand, people can't afford to eat. It's not exactly a clear cut situation nor is it a good one to be in no matter what.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Somebody I know was getting tested today in one of the drive through testing sites and some guy with Alberta plates yelled from his truck put him in the morgue. It’s idiots like that and the ones in Toronto that ruin it for everyone else. We’re all entitled to an opinion but we have to respect each other. 

• Upvote 1

Interesting apology from the mayor of Toronto. It kind of gets me thinking actually.

On one hand, if there are a lot of people in an area, social distancing is tough. That's simply going to be the case. It's also not always as easy as "go find another park". What if all the other nearby parks are the same? I can certainly sympathize with the mayor based on this.

On the other hand, people should be practicing social distancing and if we don't put pressure on people to social distance we lose more lives.

Perhaps it's important to be understanding of the situation while still putting that pressure on.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

don't worry, i doubt many of these people are interested in Canada, or know where it is on a map. 

I'd wager most of them couldn't find the Ozarks on a map.

I'd wager most of them couldn't find the US on a map of North America

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Interesting apology from the mayor of Toronto. It kind of gets me thinking actually.

On one hand, if there are a lot of people in an area, social distancing is tough. That's simply going to be the case. It's also not always as easy as "go find another park". What if all the other nearby parks are the same? I can certainly sympathize with the mayor based on this.

On the other hand, people should be practicing social distancing and if we don't put pressure on people to social distance we lose more lives.

Perhaps it's important to be understanding of the situation while still putting that pressure on.

Then parks and beaches get shut down again

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Touched a nerve.

Got it.

posting wildly wrong inferences is how you roll.  Remember when you predicted weeks and weeks ago that 20% of the world's population was going to die from Corona. In other words the equivalence of one China.   Fair enough for people to buy into the early modeling mistakes that is not their fault, but you took it to a whole new level of absurdity.   

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, samurai said:

posting wildly wrong inferences is how you roll.  Remember when you predicted weeks and weeks ago that 20% of the world's population was going to die from Corona. In other words the equivalence of one China.   Fair enough for people to buy into the early modeling mistakes that is not their fault, but you took it to a whole new level of absurdity.   

Yeah I remember those days.

We were so innocent back then.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Me_ said:

A lot of my income comes from my FB consulting page. 

Fake bots are easily noticeable after a while. 

Actually we are all 'alt's' of Me_.   Though you wonder about a person starting a message board where they just talk to themselves. I am Me_!!!!

Remember, when you see a 'Newbie' post, it's just Me_!!! 

Again, remember, *YOU* are not you.  You are Me_!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

Honestly, I would be surprised if anyone knew the true answer as to what we should be doing at this point. On one hand, people die. On another hand, people can't afford to eat. It's not exactly a clear cut situation nor is it a good one to be in no matter what.

Pretty much it.   No one ready knows what will happen in the future.   The politicians are really winging it.   I saw an article the other day saying an effective vaccine will never be developed and covid 19 will be among us forever like the flu.  If that is the case, what next?   You can't have a lockdown forever.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Good thing that some in Canada are taking social distancing more seriously.

image.jpeg.dbe01d455507c75dc24ef11f97991f70.jpeg

The mayor of Toronto is a hypocrite. 

Mayor apologizes for own behaviour at Trinity Bellwoods, after city cracked down on 'dangerous' crowds

Trinity Bellwoods Park was much quieter Sunday, after officials in Toronto increased enforcement and condemned the "selfish and dangerous" behaviour of people who flooded the downtown park on Saturday, saying it could cause a spike in COVID-19 cases and undo weeks of collective effort.

Meanwhile, Toronto Mayor John Tory is apologizing for his own failure to properly wear a mask and physically distance while at the park, saying he went there to determine why the situation was happening.

Mayor Tory condemned the crowds Saturday night, but faced criticism for images of him at the park apparently standing near other people with his face mask pulled down.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/bylaw-officers-downtown-party-trinity-bellwoods-1.5582399

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, samurai said:

Were 2.5 months into this.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, samurai said:

The annoying part is these people will double down on their hogwash. 

Total sheep. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Me_ said:

On Friday I went on a walk toward downtown Toronto for the first since my last Corona beer back in mid-March.

Destination: Staples.

List of items: yes.

For the most part, I felt safe. I’d say the Friday afternoon density looked like that of a Sunday afternoon.

80-85% of everyone regardless of category wore a mask. The walk was also through Chinatown, where I’d say 90-95% wore masks.

I noticed two types not wearing masks: those who were embarrassed by not having a mask, and surely will get one very soon, and those who were categorically and proudly defiant.

Out of that category, most were in their early 20’s or mid 50’s, which really took me aback.

Both women and men were displaying this “affront” in their deviance, as if we’re all wrong.

In terms of which culture was more defiant, nothing really struck me as more or less defiant. However, by going through Chinatown, it is obvious that people there know what’s going on.

Seriously? I'm out and about every day. Work, leisure, travel, etc.

Never wear a mask or gloves.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Wat 1