The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

44 minutes ago, DonLever said:

I saw an article the other day saying an effective vaccine will never be developed and covid 19 will be among us forever like the flu. 

No guarantees, I think we can all understand that, but we can be hopeful:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6972698/coronavirus-britain-vaccine-trials/

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-vaccine-oxford-available-fall.html

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Seriously? I'm out and about every day. Work, leisure, travel, etc.

Never wear a mask or gloves.

Then you’re that guy.

May God bless your soul.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Probably just continue life as it is. The mortality rate is very low. BC's recent studies were very telling. 

Yup. Approaching 100K dead in US in 3 months. Nothing to worry about. Just a seasonal flu... not. Keep caring for just yourself, you are a great Canadian citizen. What a Don Cherry calls "You people". 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Well America....I mean if you're wondering why we want that border kept closed...

Yikes

98318424_4605467489464193_1430818339768238080_n.png

That is one hell of a different view than I thought that Ozarks looked like after watching the show!

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Then you’re that guy.

May God bless your soul.

I guarantee I'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Yup. Approaching 100K dead in US in 3 months. Nothing to worry about. Just a seasonal flu... not. Keep caring for just yourself, you are a great Canadian citizen. What a Don Cherry calls "You people". 

Here's the thing, how many were near death?

You should read some of the studies coming out. The mortality rate is very low and the sheep buy it hook, line and sinker. 

• Hydration 1
  • Wat 6
  • Upvote 3
On 5/23/2020 at 8:53 PM, The Aquamen said:

I hope that people aren’t feeling over quarantined, while taking out on others. Please let’s make margaritas, do one push up at home, a BBQ. 

Everything will be calm in my world once I finally get the call with my hair appt date ... my mask is ready :) 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

0865E8AF-DA33-4297-BF5D-2F1114B41EA0.jpeg

Funny but serious question how come we never social distanced, dressed up silly and acted silly for the flu? I mean if the point is not to infect others and cause deaths why didn't we?

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Funny but serious question how come we never social distanced, dressed up silly and acted silly for the flu? I mean if the point is not to infect others and cause deaths why didn't we?

How come China welded their citizens doors shut to keep them quarantined? How come people died on hospital floors and in the streets when the hospitals were overrun? How come they had to build massive make shift hospitals to take care of the overflow? Nobody knows? It's a complete freakin mystery?

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2
12 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

If a hundred years ago you would’ve gone up to someone and said one day we would be riding a sky train while connected to the entire world on a 3” by 5” device with which you could communicate instantly with anyone in the world and even with the people in space...

...you would’ve been put in a straight jacket in the back of a horse carriage and brought to the asylum. 

But they did dress up silly until vaccines became a way to predict the next wave of such a phenomenon.

AA55F0F0-1923-44EB-B574-5B2C8614037D.jpeg

E40E2C29-9AF4-4B56-8615-C36D2DA13409.jpeg

317754D9-F362-4C8F-9ACA-EE23C74A7FB8.jpeg

68AA2883-BA35-441C-95A5-A77D55C0F8E1.jpeg

BE4C07D9-3DFC-4B77-A4C4-B31D510471A3.jpeg

1AEA6BC1-275F-4B0C-BE43-9960F17125D1.jpeg

Edited by Me_
  • Hydration 3
14 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

How come China welded their citizens doors shut to keep them quarantined? How come people died on hospital floors and in the streets when the hospitals were overrun? How come they had to build massive make shift hospitals to take care of the overflow? Nobody knows? It's a complete freakin mystery?

14 minutes ago, Me_ said:

If a hundred years ago you would’ve gone to someone and said one day we would be riding a sky train while, connected to the entire world on a 3” by 5” object with which you could communicate instantly with anyone in the world and even the people in space...

...you’d be carried in a straight jacket in the back of a horse carriage straight to the asylum. 

But they did dress up silly until vaccines became a way to predict the next wave of such phenomenon.

AA55F0F0-1923-44EB-B574-5B2C8614037D.jpeg

E40E2C29-9AF4-4B56-8615-C36D2DA13409.jpeg

317754D9-F362-4C8F-9ACA-EE23C74A7FB8.jpeg

68AA2883-BA35-441C-95A5-A77D55C0F8E1.jpeg

BE4C07D9-3DFC-4B77-A4C4-B31D510471A3.jpeg

1AEA6BC1-275F-4B0C-BE43-9960F17125D1.jpeg

The people that can't answer a simple question are so obvious. 

13 hours ago, Me_ said:

Sorry mate. strawns is one of the most coolheaded, realest, even keel posters on this site, and I’m sure he’s a pretty cool teacher to.

I’m for Mr. A.

Take someone else’s apple.

Mr A taught two of my kids. I don’t feel sorry for them at all. They still talk about him in positive terms.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, EdgarM said:

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/lockdown-saved-no-lives-may-150639428.html

Lockdown saved no lives and may have cost them, Nobel Prize winner believes

"Michael Levitt, a Stanford University professor who correctly predicted the initial trajectory of the pandemic, sent messages to Professor Neil Ferguson in March telling the influential government advisor he had over-estimated the potential death toll by "10 or 12 times"."

He's not wrong on that part.  I was watching a video of how Ferguson has ABSOLUTELY butchered many of these models and predicted numbers out of this world and the long term was completely wrong.  He had a MAJOR amount of livestock slaughtered a few years ago, cost the UK economy BILLIONS, and a few others.  I am glad the guy got into his scandal and stepped down because his stuff was ridiculously stupid numbers always and created way larger fear than needed, hopefully his replacement can come up with better models in the future.

9 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Seriously? I'm out and about every day. Work, leisure, travel, etc.

Never wear a mask or gloves.

From January 31st to May 25th, almost 4 months since Covid was truly recognized as the threat it is. Some might argue it was known earlier. Ignore the idea that SARs was to give us a heads up on the issues we would face. What we are faced with today is that Canada and the USA are ramping up their economies. Ramping up because they were never shut down. The challenge with ramping up and thusly increasing the number of people interacting with one another is protection from C-19. What is the status in Canada. Testing and PPE supply is still no where close to adequate. How are we to know what the real situation is without the basics? 

• Vintage 1
  • -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic