The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

12 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

I like what Jordan Peterson said on the Bill Maher show. Went right over their heads. Another thing, why are people being political agitators of a country they don't even live in? Especially one that seems on the brink of civil war. Half their country are trump supporters, right or wrong. 

Sorry dude. Don’t agree with you in the least on that one.

That was a great discussion all around. No one was “better-than-thou” in this one.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Sorry dude. Don’t agree with you in the least on that one.

That was a great discussion all around. No one was “better-than-thou” in this one.

Jordan Peterson is the Elias Pettersson of intellectuals. I've heard of him but never really looked into it till the last few days. Some tried to label him as 'Alt right' and a 'fascist mystic.' They are completey wrong, he's a centralist that leans to the right a little.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The CBC Gem website has a free documentary on right now called "Influencer" about how Tim Bell and his ad agency influenced movements all over the globe. Its a fascinating look into the machinery that drives people to come out and do crazy ass things like this protest. 

So the question is, who benefits by people coming out and protesting like this is a clearly nut bar way? who stands to gain? 

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Jordan Peterson is the Elias Pettersson of intellectuals. I've heard of him but never really looked into it till the last few days. Some tried to label him as 'Alt right' and a 'fascist mystic.' They are completey wrong, he's a centralist that leans to the right a little.

HARD No.

More like a Brad May.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The CBC Gem website has a free documentary on right now called "Influencer" about how Tim Bell and his ad agency influenced movements all over the globe. Its a fascinating look into the machinery that drives people to come out and do crazy ass things like this protest. 

So the question is, who benefits by people coming out and protesting like this is a clearly nut bar way? who stands to gain? 

Capitalism is a cruel instrument.

Edited by Me_

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Attention seekers mostly....

• Vintage 2

#BrokenBC

Summary #bced this week:
1. Teachers essential, go back work on-site
2. Distancing students  impossible
3. Dr. Tam: wear masks where distancing impossible
4. Dr. Henry: wear masks when distance uncontrollable
5. Employer: we won’t mandate masks or supply them to keep our employees safe
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I'm not so sure. We've seen incidents of "natural" product manufacturers backing anti-vaccination protests (https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2019/10/15/fdc01078-c29c-11e9-b5e4-54aa56d5b7ce_story.html).

It makes me wonder who's behind the information campaign driving the covidiots. 

Attention seekers mostly....:bigblush:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

#BrokenBC

Summary #bced this week:
1. Teachers essential, go back work on-site
2. Distancing students  impossible
3. Dr. Tam: wear masks where distancing impossible
4. Dr. Henry: wear masks when distance uncontrollable
5. Employer: we won’t mandate masks or supply them to keep our employees safe

Hey! Welcome back!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Hey! Welcome back!

Thanks.  I was put on ice for a few days......  

I like this twitter post today...

Message I got from a #bced teacher this morning: “After returning back into the classroom I did not see sparkling clean rooms but rather rooms covered in mouse and rat poop”

Nauseated face
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I'm not so sure. We've seen incidents of "natural" product manufacturers backing anti-vaccination protests (https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2019/10/15/fdc01078-c29c-11e9-b5e4-54aa56d5b7ce_story.html).

It makes me wonder who's behind the information campaign driving the covidiots. 

7552249A-7713-4019-854D-D8AB34555F65.jpeg

Well hot damn I say. 

5th?

You here? 

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Though I agree that JP gets incorrectly labeled... I'm not sure what him and EP40 have to do with one another

• Vintage 1