The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Worth the wait - it's a quality mask. I think it is a 1-size fits all though so I heard a few people found them a bit tight to cover the nose/chin.

I bought it to support the Aquarium  - not the lousy whitecaps :P

I could see that....

Dudley Do-Right | Death Battle Fanon Wiki | Fandom

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Yet BC's chief provincial health officer, premier, and minister of education believe it's PERFECTLY safe to send hundreds of thousands of kids to school in large gatherings and will not provide PPE to either staff or students.  Seems legit:unsure:

The conflicting messages we are hearing are actually so concerning it's comical:

Wear a mask - but not at school, you're safe.

Wash your hands often - but not at school because there's no infrastructure in place at most schools that can support 200 kids/adults trying to do that all day.   

Keep personal bubbles to as few people as possible - but send your kids to school, it's safe.

Social distance, but not at school, it's safe. 

All sporting events, religious gatherings, conferences, or similar events are cancelled - but not school, it's safe. 

Don’t congregate in large numbers..... unless you go to Walmart, Canadian tire or save on.... those places are immune to it.

• Haha 2

https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/Sweden-herd-immunity-experiment-backfires-covid-15289437.php?fbclid=IwAR1eoRz1ItjpFmUJY1AUNBOaqhtVbegl2YVyIpgwfax0LtH1f3DI54kjb6M

This is a deal where we don't really know, yet, what's "worked" best and what hasn't.  Time will tell.

In the meantime, I'd like to try everything possible to prevent death.  Not just my own.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Don’t congregate in large numbers..... unless you go to Walmart, Canadian tire or save on.... those places are immune to it.

Thing is, Canadian Tire lines people up outside and restricts the numbers inside.  Save On too.

Safeway was an absolute bust...had to go there for my Dad and will NOT return.  Nothing in the form of sanitization for carts, hands, etc.  Yet Freshco (the no frills in it all) provides those things.

So it's not just a free for all and unlimited numbers.  Not sure about Walmart...not willing to test it out.  Have had to do Save On once...lined up for 15 minutes to get in.

It's about spacing/social distance and not jamming people in to capacity (that doesn't allow for that).  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thing is, Canadian Tire lines people up outside and restricts the numbers inside.  Save On too.

So it's not just a free for all and unlimited numbers.  Not sure about Walmart...not willing to test it out.  Have had to do Save On once...lined up for 15 minutes to get in.

It's about spacing/social distance and not jamming people in to capacity (that doesn't allow for that).  

Maybe down south... up north it’s a free for all :( 

Edited by Standing_Tall#37
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Maybe down south... up north it’s a free for all.

Sad to hear it.

I ONLY shop at places with measures in place...to me, it shows they care about their customers.  It feels like a safer environment to me.

Shoppers is another that seems to miss the mark.  For one, some stocking shelves really ignore social distancing and they're constantly blocking the aisles with their stock carts.  I know they have a job to do.....but there has to be some consideration of those wanting to keep their distance.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Sad to hear it.

I ONLY shop at places with measures in place...to me, it shows they care about their customers.  It feels like a safer environment to me.

Shoppers is another that seems to miss the mark.  For one, some stocking shelves really ignore social distancing and they're constantly blocking the aisles with their stock carts.  I know they have a job to do.....but there has to be some consideration of those wanting to keep their distance.

Yup. That’s what I hate. I personally don’t believe the virus is as bad as what they’re trying to convince us it is. But I try to social distance to respect those that do. 

I’ve noticed that the Safeway in my city has done very well at putting measures in place. The 3 I previously mentioned are horrendous up here.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Safeway was an absolute bust...had to go there for my Dad and will NOT return.  Nothing in the form of sanitization for carts, hands, etc.  Yet Freshco (the no frills in it all) provides those things.

I'm honestly not sure why anyone even goes into a store, for groceries anyway.  Order online and curbside pickup or delivery

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

How far north are you talking about?

I've stood in line for both Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart.....

Only about 8 hours north of Vancouver... so central really... geographically. 

But the Canadian tire and the Walmart both had the single store highest sales in my town for all of Canada for the month of April . In fact, my buddy’s wife manages the Canadian tire in town and said April was their best month in 25 years of being open.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm honestly not sure why anyone even goes into a store, for groceries anyway.  Order online and curbside pickup or delivery

The only things you can get delivered here are Booze and Pizza. The cab company has even been closed since corona has closed everything.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

But the Canadian tire and the Walmart both had the single store highest sales in my town for all of Canada for the month of April . In fact, my buddy’s wife manages the Canadian tire in town and said April was their best month in 25 years of being open.

You mean PG?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Sounds like WL.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't have provision for that, or I would.  

But I do Dad's shopping and mine all at once...keep a list and swoop in/out.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thing is, "the current measures" are being eased up on.

So yes...they were working when they were in place but, as things "open up" and people drop their guard I suspect we'll get a spike and have to revisit this again.

People who don't respect distancing are both mask and non mask wearing.  Personally, I'd prefer if someone "come at me" that they're wearing a mask.  It's not just about keeping our distance...sometimes people veer away from that and get too close.

Come at me ,Bro, step to me !! Just kidding Deb, not against anything you're saying. that was just too cute. COME AT ME, BRO !!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Timbermen said:

Come at me ,Bro, step to me !! Just kidding Deb, not against anything you're saying. that was just too cute. COME AT ME, BRO !!

I'm going to take my 6 ft hockey stick out with me.  I may get 2 minutes for slashing, but....

• Haha 3