The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, BPA said:

7 kids in one class room with 1 teacher for 4 hrs.  I think it should be somewhat easy for the teachers to manage social distancing using X or chairs or placemats.  Teachers would need to be a bit more stricter to maintain the 6ft social distancing of the younger ones.

This trial run will help staff decide the September class placements, # of students, staggering of times, etc.  And help teacher plan the curriculum for the next school year as well.

Unless you want the schools to throw a hail mary in September (when all kids will be coming back to school) and hope everything works out as planned.

Man, passing notes and general getting up to no good is going to be hard for these kids of today. Poor tykes. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

7 kids in one class room with 1 teacher for 4 hrs.  I think it should be somewhat easy for the teachers to manage social distancing using X or chairs or placemats.  Teachers would need to be a bit more stricter to maintain the 6ft social distancing of the younger ones.

This trial run will help staff decide the September class placements, # of students, staggering of times, etc.  And help teacher plan the curriculum for the next school year as well.

Unless you want the schools to throw a hail mary in September (when all kids will be coming back to school) and hope everything works out as planned.

Kids are actually allowed to play outside with friends all lunch hours... LOL

#BrokenBC

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Does the media know that? Has it been “as close to spam as legally possible” delivered to numerous key points whereby the discussion becomes inevitable?

Are there any follow ups?

Kids are actually allowed to play outside with friends all lunch hours... LOL

#BrokenBC

If it's 4hrs in-class sessions,  I would imagine that the kids would be ready to go home.  Not sure where you are getting the idea of letting them play during lunch hours.

And yes...kids are already playing with their own small group of friends.  I've seen it at the parks. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

From that link, one of the reason to stop the re-opening is...

The shortest route to our second wave is to send our children back to school; at the risk of our children, our teachers & everyone they come in contact with. This is not an acceptable risk.

That is a poor excuse as that risk will still remain in September.  So what will the position be then?  Close school entirely and go with online education?

Edited by BPA

8 minutes ago, BPA said:

If it's 4hrs in-class sessions,  I would imagine that the kids would be ready to go home.  Not sure where you are getting the idea of letting them play during lunch hours.

And yes...kids are already playing with their own small group of friends.  I've seen it at the parks. 

Sessions are regular school hours. Regular school day.   Lunch hours will be outside playing. /  creating herd immunity.

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 minute ago, The Aquamen said:

I see what you are doing, brother. 

Can you post me a funny video please?! Lol

much ❤️ 

Nah, they probably killed Diana, maybe even Epstein. 

You're talking to a Brit. I know the Royal Fam is no good. 

Sessions are regular school hours. Regular school day.   Lunch hours will be creating herd immunity.

Hmm...maybe I'm mistaken.  

Pretty sure my kids school was only twice a week and half days.  I'll get back to you if I can find the info that says otherwise. 

Maybe it's different for every school district.  Dunno.

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Nah, they probably killed Diana, maybe even Epstein. 

You're talking to a Brit. I know the Royal Fam is no good. 

Ok, sorry to you’re Royal Family, I didn’t mean too touch a nerve. 

Go Canucks :canucks:

Edited by The Aquamen

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Hmm...maybe I'm mistaken.  

Pretty sure my kids school was only twice a week and half days.  I'll get back to you if I can find the info that says otherwise. 

Maybe it's different for every school district.  Dunno.

No i think the plans is pretty common.

Mon/Tue is group A

Clean on Wed and de toxify the toys...

Thurs / Friday is group B

• -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic