The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

43 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Down town east side.

I thought you had to show that you made at least 5k in the last year and forced out of work due to covid etc...

Some are fudging their applications. 

Highly likely yes.

However, maybe for some, it’s the opportunity they may need in order to get ahead...

That one push they needed...

But for most fraudulent claims, you are right.

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Gave Dr. Bonnie an A  + for the month of March/April

Gave Dr. Bonnie an F  for the month of May

Luckily earlier decisions have had a bigger impact. 

Way too many mixed messages she gave out the last few weeks....   people are no longer acting safe when out.   Part of this is too many mixed messages by Dr. Bonnie.....

I really think we will see  a larger 2nd wave of Covid as a result of this. 

It’s not just Dr. Bonnie.

Societies all across the Globe are tired of doing nothing. 

I don’t think a second, much harder wave is preventable. 

12 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

My  daughter wants an all day  birthday party next week with 9 friends coming over ...

I wonder if Doctor Bonnie is willing to come over and supervise them...  No masks on any of them of course......

If you’re having a birthday for your daughter that involves 9 other kids, sorry mate; you lose your license to complaint against governmental mismanagement.

If you love her, love kids, and their families, don’t do the party.

No one kid is too mentally weak to eventually understand the missed birthday congregation.

1 minute ago, The Aquamen said:

Are you guys excited about the new Playoff Format, sounds very intriguing. These playoffs will be one of the best ever.

The dreaded * is convincing people otherwise. That being said, I’m sure excited to see the Canucks playing again. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Gave Dr. Bonnie an A  + for the month of March/April

Gave Dr. Bonnie an F  for the month of May

Luckily earlier decisions have had a bigger impact. 

Way too many mixed messages she gave out the last few weeks....   people are no longer acting safe when out.   Part of this is too many mixed messages by Dr. Bonnie.....

I really think we will see  a larger 2nd wave of Covid as a result of this. 

Is this an opinion or a fact?  I haven't noticed that in my area.  More people out there, but still very respectful of distancing and so on. 

Nobody knows if there will be a 2nd wave for sure, but some of the experts are guessing it will happen in the fall.  As long as peeps continue with the safe distancing, washing there hands, avoiding high density areas and the health team keeps tracking new cases, we should be able to keep the curve down. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And BC isn’t doing this, why exactly? It makes no sense. 

Last I checked, ON is doing poorly along with QC, while BC is among the best in North America. 

If this works, then BC can consider following.  I think if people are generally careful and assume that anyone can be infected, they will not relax their measures no matter where they live.  One good way of thinking is assume you are infected yourself, so you behave carefully to not infect others (wear masks when out, wash hands, keep distance etc).

Edited by Jaimito
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

My  daughter wants an all day  birthday party next week with 9 friends coming over ...

As long as your daughter has her birthday party at school she can have as many friends as she wants and it's perfectly safe. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And BC isn’t doing this, why exactly? It makes no sense. 

The health authorities are worried that people will think they can return to complete normalcy, because their town doesn't have a recorder/current case.

Given the 2 week symptom free time, their decision is imo the right one.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Covid-19, is just a fancy Flu, the common Flu kills 40,000 people annually. Why aren’t we talking about that? 

Tryamkin Hughes 

And covid has killed 350,000.

Larger number, attracts more attention.

Also note that the normal flu didn't take this year off, so the COvid deaths are in addition to the "regular flu".

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I was wondering the same.

Not many have experienced "older" days than I have, and I didn't experience that at all. Closest thing was, a school wide lice check, after a couple of kids were found with the infection. This would have been late 60's....

Saskatchewan.  30s and 40s and not sure if it carried on into the 50s.  Many Primary schools had inspection every morning.  Hands were checked to see if they were clean including no dirt under the nails.  Asked if they washed/bath, combed and brushed their teeth.  Shoes were checked as well.   Records were kept.  Viruses like Polio were still around and many people couldn't just hop in a car for a quick trip to the hospital.  My uncle died before his teens in 44 from a disease that nobody dies from anymore  nor requires any real hospitalization.  Different times and my own opinion is that people don't take hygiene as seriously as they used to do a few decades ago.    We got medicines, technologies, accessibility and wealth so we don't worry about it.  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Covid-19, is just a fancy Flu, the common Flu kills 40,000 people annually. Why aren’t we talking about that? 

Tryamkin Hughes 

That’s annually not monthly. It is like having the decimal point in the wrong place when doing math. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, gurn said:

And covid has killed 350,000.

Larger number, attracts more attention.

Also note that the normal flu didn't take this year off, so the COvid deaths are in addition to the "regular flu".

Meh, to each his/her own. It was a design for something greater.

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, spur1 said:

That’s annually not monthly. It is like having the decimal point in the wrong place when doing math. 

I get Math, again Canada has a 80% recovery.  
Also as the whole World, but CNN and FOX news or whatever you guys listen too, won’t tell you this. Fear is control ;)

• Wat 2

• -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic