The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yup Horgan says Covid can be spread in the community. but can NOT be spread in schools.

Very strange virus. 

Thus the need for masks in the community... but when you are in school.... you need NO PPE whatsoever.....

Please...Please...Please...give us an effing break, do we really care. You are as bad as media...it is all they talk about. 
I recommend you read the boy who called wolf. 

Edited by spur1
  • Upvote 4

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/coronavirus-may-never-go-away-even-with-a-vaccine/ar-BB14GnPd?ocid=spartanntp

There’s a good chance the coronavirus will never go away.

Even after a vaccine is discovered and deployed, the coronavirus will likely remain for decades to come, circulating among the world’s population.

Experts call such diseases endemic — stubbornly resisting efforts to stamp them out. Think measles, HIV, chickenpox.

It is a daunting proposition — a coronavirus-tinged world without a foreseeable end. But experts in epidemiology, disaster planning and vaccine development say embracing that reality is crucial to the next phase of America’s pandemic response. The long-term nature of covid-19, they say, should serve as a call to arms for the public, a road map for the trillions of dollars Congress is spending and a fixed navigational point for the nation’s current, chaotic state-by-state patchwork strategy.

With so much else uncertain, the persistence of the novel virus is one of the few things we can count on about the future. That doesn’t mean the situation will always be as dire. There are already four endemic coronaviruses that circulate continuously, causing the common cold. And many experts think this virus will become the fifth — its effects growing milder as immunity spreads and our bodies adapt to it over time.

For now, though, most people have not been infected and remain susceptible. And the highly transmissible disease has surged in recent weeks, even in countries that initially succeeded in suppressing it. Left alone, experts say, it will simply keep burning through the world’s population.

“This virus is here to stay,” said Sarah Cobey, an epidemiologist and evolutionary biologist at the University of Chicago. “The question is, how do we live with it safely?”

• Vintage 2

Just now, wloutet said:

I have a T-shirt given to me by my Calculus class that says," We arrived, we derived, we survived" . I integrated that T-shirt into my wardrobe!

I work at a small college. Our physics prof has a bunch of them (That's where I got the "Don't drink and derive" from)

My fave is a hoodie that he has, that looks something like this:

Limited Edition!! - that's how I roll Products from Physics t ...

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

Just kicked out my new roommate’s parents. Yep, we got hit with another stupid person who “doesn’t believe in that sh!t (laughs)”

21 year old far right gun-loving warmonger. Best stock Canada has to offer.

“Ben, I need these people out of here now.”

As he nonchalantly starts a brew of coffee...

”They’re just bringing me some things...”

”No one else brings anyone else in here. Out. Now.”

Two minutes later, all three were walking out.

The conundrum is, they all left to hang out somewhere else.

I don’t know if it is possible to miss the mark by a wider margin.

This is how it ends.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Every day, Toronto behaves more and more as if nothing is happening.

Extremely scary. 

It's not just TO, I've seen it here in BC.

Many people seem to think because we've successfully flattened the curve and are doing way better than many other places across the country, that we're over this thing. 

Frightens me because we're just days away from sending hundreds of thousands of students back to school. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

It's not just TO, I've seen it here in BC.

Many people seem to think because we've successfully flattened the curve and are doing way better than many other places across the country, that we're over this thing. 

Frightens me because we're just days away from sending hundreds of thousands of students back to school. 

My neighbour's school right now - her class that she teaches -  has 6  kids returning next week to her class.  At least most people are smart enough  to not trust Horgan / Dr Bonnie on this one. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1