The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-british-columbia-charts-1.5510000

It is interesting to see that most of the cases of infected are those between the ages of 30 to 60 years of age but the vast majority of hospitilizations and death are those 60 and over. Still no deaths to anyone who is 40 or younger. 

Edited by EdgarM
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I get what the author of the piece is saying.

Still, the tag Boomer remover became immediately popular when this thing got going. If you're going to write a piece that put people into age groups, then in general it is the younger people being reckless and do not give two F's about the older generation. But in reality it's not just young people. It's a blend of freedom warriors throughout all ages groups. TO does not have it's sh!t together right now, so I am surprised at an article asking for some slack... because it`s really hard to be a young adult?

Also, I am pretty sure Woodstock had a lot of detractors. Just cause it happened in a time of an pandemic, doesn't mean it should have, nor does it set a public gathering standard for an approach to the unknown covid. 

The article also states it's all about fear. Why do people have to be accused of being afraid when maybe they are just trying to make sure we all get this right?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

oh man, this is going to be like French fries all over again. I guess they can call it Freedomquine. 

I wonder if this is Macron getting a little dig in at Bone Spurs....

Anthony Fauci said that he thinks a ban is a bit excessive, but it's clear that it doesn't have any efficacy on Covid19

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I get what the author of the piece is saying.

Still, the tag Boomer remover became immediately popular when this thing got going. If you're going to write a piece that put people into age groups, then in general it is the younger people being reckless and do not give two F's about the older generation. But in reality it's not just young people. It's a blend of freedom warriors throughout all ages groups. TO does not have it's sh!t together right now, so I am surprised at an article asking for some slack... because it`s really hard to be a young adult?

Also, I am pretty sure Woodstock had a lot of detractors. Just cause it happened in a time of an pandemic, doesn't mean it should have, nor does it set a public gathering standard for an approach to the unknown covid. 

The article also states it's all about fear. Why do people have to be accused of being afraid when maybe they are just trying to make sure we all get this right?

I think what gets lost in a lot of this is that much of the population is "generalized" and grouped into one or the other of some sort. If a young person who has no persons that they associate with who is in a "risk group", why could they not try to live their life with some sort of normalcy? If they want to go to a beach, work or WHY. I can't see how someone would endanger their grandparents or their parents lives by going to a party and then go visit them. 

I have an elderly relative who I would not think about visiting until I can be sure I will not endanger his health. But does that mean I cannot socially distance visit other friends or relatives? 

Everyone's circumstance is different and this should be looked at before passing judgments on someone.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Yah but lets send BC kids back for Kindergarten June 1st.........  2 days per week....      LOL 

Playgrounds opening next week.  Asking toddlers to respect 6 feet rule.... Has our government totally lost the plot ?

Asking small kids to keep washing their hands.... etc....   wow - have these people ever had kids ?

Using playgrounds and outdoor facilities

Municipalities are asking everyone who wants to use the playgrounds and outdoor facilities to maintain two metres distance from others not in your household, to wash and sanitize your hands frequently, disinfect personal equipment before and after use, do not share equipment and to stay home if you are sick.

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think what gets lost in a lot of this is that much of the population is "generalized" and grouped into one or the other of some sort. If a young person who has no persons that they associate with who is in a "risk group", why could they not try to live their life with some sort of normalcy? If they want to go to a beach, work or WHY. I can't see how someone would endanger their grandparents or their parents lives by going to a party and then go visit them. 

I have an elderly relative who I would not think about visiting until I can be sure I will not endanger his health. But does that mean I cannot socially distance visit other friends or relatives? 

Everyone's circumstance is different and this should be looked at before passing judgments on someone.

Everyone's circumstances are different, I agree. 

I was making a comment about the article you posted. That 'group' in T.O. was criticised for not doing as you suggest, social distancing. 

'Last weekend, a bunch of youngsters in Toronto took to a local park in large numbers. The photos and video from the scene made it appear nobody present cared a jot about social distancing.'

What is 'WHY'?  ('If they want to go to a beach, work or WHY')

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Because the asymptomatic 20 year old who never goes to see his parents or grand parents or any family for that matter, goes to see his friend who does see his parents but not really his grand parents but his parents definitely do see their parents (his grand parents).

So in effect, the unawareness, nonchalance or lack of care by that young 20 year old, may be killing his friend’s grandparents.

Maybe ask that friend if he agrees to sign up their parents and grand parents to get exposed to possible serious sickness and even death.

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 2

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/health-care-worker-border-campbellton-covid-19-cases-1.5588168

Not sure if this has been posted.  Story of a health-care worker from New Brunswick who traveled to Quebec for personal reasons, got infected with Covid-19 without realizing it and appears to have spread it back in New Brunswick (6 people and counting).

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/health-care-worker-border-campbellton-covid-19-cases-1.5588168

Not sure if this has been posted.  Story of a health-care worker from New Brunswick who traveled to Quebec for personal reasons, got infected with Covid-19 without realizing it and appears to have spread it back in New Brunswick (6 people and counting).

All of the cases are linked to a medical professional in his 50s from the Campbellton Regional Hospital who contracted the coronavirus outside the province.

This person, who travelled to Quebec for personal reasons, "was not forthcoming about their reasons for travel upon returning to New Brunswick and they did not self-isolate as a result," Premier Blaine Higgs said on Wednesday.

After his trip, the man saw patients for two weeks at the Campbellton hospital and possibly other locations, forcing Higgs to order that region back into the orange phase of recovery.

Yikes!!!

What an idiot doctor. Probably thought Covid-19 was a hoax and didn't take necessary precautions.  Guess what...he's the vector that spread the virus to NB.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BPA said:

All of the cases are linked to a medical professional in his 50s from the Campbellton Regional Hospital who contracted the coronavirus outside the province.

This person, who travelled to Quebec for personal reasons, "was not forthcoming about their reasons for travel upon returning to New Brunswick and they did not self-isolate as a result," Premier Blaine Higgs said on Wednesday.

After his trip, the man saw patients for two weeks at the Campbellton hospital and possibly other locations, forcing Higgs to order that region back into the orange phase of recovery.

Yikes!!!

What an idiot doctor. Probably thought Covid-19 was a hoax and didn't take necessary precautions.  Guess what...he's the vector that spread the virus to NB.

I wonder what the over/under is on how soon he'll appear as an "expert" on Faux News....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1