The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

On 5/27/2020 at 5:52 PM, wloutet said:

Are you old enough to have had the strap at school?  I last got the strap in grade 9, in 1960, for talking in class. Three on each hand, coming from behind me with two teachers, one to observe.  The observing teacher just passed away. The fellow who gave me the strap, I ended up playing rugby against him, then teaching with him, and helping him build a house. We became good friends. When I started teaching in 1970, they decided to ban the strap from schools. It was still in Private schools, for when I taught at Brentwood, in 1977-78, they still were caning kids.

When I was in grade 5 (1977) our teacher used to call 'misbehaving' students to the front of the class, have them bend over and touch their toes, and give them a couple smacks on the a$$. Happened to me a couple of times... other than that he was a great teacher. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Because the asymptomatic 20 year old who never goes to see his parents or grand parents or any family for that matter, goes to see his friend who does see his parents but not really his grand parents but his parents definitely do see their parents (his grand parents).

So in effect, the unawareness, nonchalance or lack of care by that young 20 year old, may be killing his friend’s grandparents.

Maybe ask that friend if he agrees to sign up their parents and grand parents to get exposed to possible sÉtions sickness and even death.

The responsibility still lies with the person with the grandparents. Don't go outside your own bubble and then go see your grandparents. I social distance with others so I won't go any where near my elderly relative. 

41 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The responsibility still lies with the person with the grandparents. Don't go outside your own bubble and then go see your grandparents. I social distance with others so I won't go any where near my elderly relative. 

Eventually yes.

But while we’re figuring all things out, it’s pretty selfish to say meh I’m tired of all this and I choose to not care.

This just started.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Oh man.

Perhaps the most disgusting thing I've heard during this.

Hopefully the man who donated a kidney is ok and virus free.

Jail time should be seriously looked into. 

• Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, gurn said:

Perhaps the most disgusting thing I've heard during this.

Hopefully the man who donated a kidney is ok and virus free.

Jail time should be seriously looked into. 

What the actual f***?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Watching news, woman dies from COVID 19, her son got it and passed away as well.

He was 34 years old, SGT in the U.S army.

But yeah, it’s just like that seasonal influenza that we see every year.

source?

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

8 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

BC is doing great. The economy is in a shambles. Justine keeps giving billions away.

And now they say wear a mask at home?  Haha...idiots. That won't happen.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/new-study-suggests-wearing-a-face-mask-at-home-could-help-limit-spread-of-covid-19-1.4959360

Ladies and gentlemen, you will find such a fine nonchalant specimen as Kanukfanatic in such environments.

That guy gonna kill us all.

603445E5-99BE-49B0-B890-C49775ADEDBE.jpeg

@Standing_Tall#37

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah, those situations are about meatheads..not size.

Freedom apparently includes imposing your will, territorial pissing. "This is my grocery store and I will shop in it how I please!"

Freedom is about imposing your will on others and not respecting anyone's rights. Have the Americans not taught you anything?

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, skategal said:

One more poster hits my "ignore" list.  Since I can't seem to stay out of this thread, having to manage my expectations by limiting exposure to some posters.  I don't generally need or expect to agree with everyone, but there are a few that I've apparently reached my limit on.  

It's trying times at the moment. I find I often have to question if reading certain people's posts are worth it at the moment as well.

I've only ever pressed the ignore button once in the 10+ years I've been here, but I've found myself close as of late unfortunately. lol

• Cheers 1

It seems like other cities / scientists have different info than the BC gov....

Half of new coronavirus infections in Washington are now occurring in people under the age of 40, a marked shift from earlier in the epidemic when more than two-thirds of those testing positive were in older age groups.

A new analysis finds that by early May, 39% of confirmed cases statewide were among people age 20 to 39, while those 19 and younger accounted for 11%.

The trend is concerning and should be kept in mind as more counties begin to ease restrictions and reopen businesses, said Seattle epidemiologist Judith Malmgren, who is affiliated with the University of Washington and is lead author of the report.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/half-of-newly-diagnosed-coronavirus-cases-in-washington-are-in-people-under-40/

Interesting....    Seems like people are starting to clue in that Horgans plan is a sh... show....

https://www.theprogress.com/news/chilliwack-teachers-and-eas-concerned-with-health-and-safety-plans/

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1