The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Why do that?

Women are awesome. It's sucks to use a feminine version of his name as derogatory attack.

This is about as close to "literary wit" you're going to get from me (considering I"m a "half-wit" :lol:):

:P

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Kind of goes with yesterdays Washington Post article i read yesterday

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/coronavirus-may-never-go-away-even-with-a-vaccine/ar-BB14GnPd?ocid=msedgdhp

"There are already four endemic coronaviruses that circulate continuously, causing the common cold. And many experts think this virus will become the fifth — its effects growing milder as immunity spreads and our bodies adapt to it over time."

So essentially within a couple years it'll just become your common cold just like the previous 4 versions of Covid, I think we all sorta knew that, that it will eventually become tamed as our bodies get used to it, hopefully its sooner than later though.

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

It seems like other cities / scientists have different info than the BC gov....

Half of new coronavirus infections in Washington are now occurring in people under the age of 40, a marked shift from earlier in the epidemic when more than two-thirds of those testing positive were in older age groups.

A new analysis finds that by early May, 39% of confirmed cases statewide were among people age 20 to 39, while those 19 and younger accounted for 11%.

The trend is concerning and should be kept in mind as more counties begin to ease restrictions and reopen businesses, said Seattle epidemiologist Judith Malmgren, who is affiliated with the University of Washington and is lead author of the report.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/half-of-newly-diagnosed-coronavirus-cases-in-washington-are-in-people-under-40/

Interesting....    Seems like people are starting to clue in that Horgans plan is a sh... show....

https://www.theprogress.com/news/chilliwack-teachers-and-eas-concerned-with-health-and-safety-plans/

Yes, but are they dying from it? Would be good to know what the mortality rate is in that group. With isolation tiering back this is a group which will run the risk of being most exposed. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Yes, but are they dying from it? 

People who do die from it get it from others.  So that's a concern.

Also, the fact that the younger people are the ones who will likely be congregating at beaches, clubs, etc.  Meaning it'll spread like rapid fire as their guard is let down.  

Social distancing isn't scaling back but those who refuse to abide by it do risk being exposed and, by way of that, exposing others.  It all goes hand and hand and is why some who want to rush things to "get back to normal" should understand that it's just not an A to B jump.  That it'll be a transition and over time.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

People who do die from it get it from others.  So that's a concern.

Also, the fact that the younger people are the ones who will likely be congregating at beaches, clubs, etc.  Meaning it'll spread like rapid fire as their guard is let down.  

Social distancing isn't scaling back but those who refuse to abide by it do risk being exposed and, by way of that, exposing others.  It all goes hand and hand and is why some who want to rush things to "get back to normal" should understand that it's just not an A to B jump.  That it'll be a transition and over time.

Stats are saying the infection rate is increasing as economies ramp up. Certainly the risk of exposure goes up. We have to remember that the testing volumes are also ramping up as well. Increased testing will give us a better idea of the extent as previously unidentified cases are found. To me it is about isolating the high risk area and increased testing to confirm. Not knowing when a vaccine will arrive, if it does, means we have to learn how to live with Covid.   

Coronavirus: South Korea closes schools again after biggest spike in weeks

• More than 200 schools in South Korea have been forced to close just days after they re-opened, due to a new spike in virus cases.
  •  

Thousands of students had earlier on Wednesday returned to school as the country began easing virus restrictions.

But just a day later, 79 new cases were recorded, the highest daily figure in two months.

• Upvote 2

On 5/26/2020 at 8:33 PM, BPA said:

7 kids in one class room with 1 teacher for 4 hrs.  I think it should be somewhat easy for the teachers to manage social distancing using X or chairs or placemats.  Teachers would need to be a bit more stricter to maintain the 6ft social distancing of the younger ones.

This trial run will help staff decide the September class placements, # of students, staggering of times, etc.  And help teacher plan the curriculum for the next school year as well.

Unless you want the schools to throw a hail mary in September (when all kids will be coming back to school) and hope everything works out as planned.

I assure you it won't.  For the young kids, our directive is to try and stop them from touching each other as we won't be able to maintain social distance.  Playground equipment will not be cleaned.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, stawns said:

I assure you it won't.  For the young kids, our directive is to try and stop them from touching each other as we won't be able to maintain social distance.  Playground equipment will not be cleaned.

I heard that playgrounds in the tri-cities are opening up next week anyway. For sure they will not be able to clean them all regularly. Go ham children!

https://www.tricitynews.com/news/playgrounds-to-re-open-across-coquitlam-port-moody-and-port-coquitlam-1.24142712 

Playgrounds to re-open across Coquitlam, Port Moody and Port Coquitlam

The move comes more than two months after they were shut during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic and less than 10 days into the phase two reopening of B.C.'s economy. Several other municipalities across Metro Vancouver are following suit 
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Stats are saying the infection rate is increasing as economies ramp up. Certainly the risk of exposure goes up. We have to remember that the testing volumes are also ramping up as well. Increased testing will give us a better idea of the extent as previously unidentified cases are found. To me it is about isolating the high risk area and increased testing to confirm. Not knowing when a vaccine will arrive, if it does, means we have to learn how to live with Covid.   

I like the postal code strategy.

Edited by Me_

Horgan lost the plot.....  Will it cost BC seniors lives ?

More than 40 COVID-19 cases identified in Quebec schools since reopening

Health officials have identified 19 cases among students and 22 among staff since primary schools reopened outside Montreal on May 11. 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-more-than-40-covid-19-cases-identified-in-quebec-schools-since/

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1