The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

mmmm

really ?

were you in nyc last?

what were you doing there at that critical time?

do you have an affinity for explosives and deep anti usa sentiments?

just asking for a friend ??

:towel:

Furthest I've been in 'merica is down to the Gorge in Washington State.  When 9/11 happened iirc they started requiring everyone have a passport(which i still think is BS) so I said eff that.  Zero regrets.  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, wloutet said:

I'm sorry, I thought I used the quote from "TreMac", but looking at it, it was your copy of TreMac's quote, so it came out as you. Very sorry.

Yeah I am pretty popular round these parts

Spoiler

:sadno:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Yeah I am pretty popular round these parts

Reveal hidden contents

:sadno:

haha

well i meant on offense to you though

about your views being foisted on me by someone else

i thought it was a bit off for someone to do that

cuz they had to play with the quoted post a bit to achieve that

it is hard to do that accidentally

but since that poster is newer

i'm gonna just leave it to a level of inexperience on here

Edited by coastal.view

I appreciate the impact to the tourism industry with no American tourists in Canada for at least the beginning of the summer, but I'd rather that than have rising rates of COVID as I think the tourism industry would suffer more if we had to go back to a lockdown.  Given how badly the COVID crisis is being managed in the US, they can keep it all down there.  

For Canadians, hopefully we will all travel within Canada and make up at least some of the lost tourism dollars from Americans and Europeans.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, skategal said:

I appreciate the impact to the tourism industry with no American tourists in Canada for at least the beginning of the summer, but I'd rather that than have rising rates of COVID as I think the tourism industry would suffer more if we had to go back to a lockdown.  Given how badly the COVID crisis is being managed in the US, they can keep it all down there.  

For Canadians, hopefully we will all travel within Canada and make up at least some of the lost tourism dollars from Americans and Europeans.  

.  Many tourism / Hospitality companies will be all but wiped out after this summer.

Canadians need to stay in their own communites / self isolate and stay safe.

BC-Alberta Border

AVOID NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL over the BC-ALBERTA BORDER

Now is not the time to travel for tourism or recreation. By temporarily avoiding non-essential travel, British Columbians can do their part to protect vulnerable people in communities from COVID-19.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/transportation/driving-and-cycling/traveller-information/travel-affected-by-covid-19

If you think you’re playing it smart by planning a vacation within Canada this summer you may want to think again.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sandramacgregor/2020/06/04/what-you-need-to-know-about-canadas-provincial-coronavirus-travel-bans/#190ae7976d27

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, Silky mitts said:

We will see after these protests if this whole thing was way overblown 

I think we've got proof from what's happening in the US that nothing's been "overblown".  

Apparently they were giving out masks and sanitizers at the protests here so, hopefully, people made use of them.  Fingers crossed.

• Cheers 2

Like 14 states are reporting their highest rates to date, included an outbreak of over a 1000 people because of one goof who wanted to party, don't think anyone can argue this was 'overblown.'  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

In yesterdays update Dr. Henry indicated in the Fraser Health region a family of 30 people had a gathering in which 15 people became infected.  No, I don't think the risk of anything has been overblown.  I believe we've benefitted from good management and collective co-operation in reducing the risk.  We are currently in a good position with relatively low rates of infection, but without ongoing care that could turn on a dime.  

People will either believe that it has been a risk and continues to be, or they won't.  I think that's human nature.  Evidence may be all around, but people will still deny it.  

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, skategal said:

In yesterdays update Dr. Henry indicated in the Fraser Health region a family of 30 people had a gathering in which 15 people became infected.  No, I don't think the risk of anything has been overblown.  I believe we've benefitted from good management and collective co-operation in reducing the risk.  We are currently in a good position with relatively low rates of infection, but without ongoing care that could turn on a dime.  

People will either believe that it has been a risk and continues to be, or they won't.  I think that's human nature.  Evidence may be all around, but people will still deny it.  

That would explain the day (I feel it was about a week ago) where there were 22 new cases and 21 were in the Fraser Health Region :sadno:.

This is a shout out the CDC in general.  Has anyone noticed Alf posting ?  A month or so I queried this too - sorry if this is insensitive ahead of time - just a little worried about the furry fella is all.   Im not sure how to use the messaging aspect otherwise I’d try that channel.   Anyone?  Noticed this thread is getting the most traffic - didn’t want to make a thread...yet.   Need him back.  Hire Babcock and all.  Thanks CDC, not the easiest of times and would be pretty sad if we lose any members no matter the activity- but especially a regular champ like Alf.    Maybe just taking a sabatical? 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Quebec is at 5000 deaths........you think that's overblown?

Where I live probably more cases within 100 miles then all of BC... a tad scary and it seems we are getting so used to a steady stream of new cases that the impact isn’t quite what it was but this is far from over.    Family in Quebec too (sucks not getting to visit).  Doesn’t matter where you are everyone’s life’s have been affected and it won’t stop until a cure/vaccine is given to 38ish million Canadians...likely take months once we get to that point.  Until then humanity will remain under the constant threat of Covid 19 and the economic affects for a long time after for a lot of regular folks.  Definitely no laughing matter and shouldn’t be dismissed.  “Just like the flu “... “don’t care if I get it” - what about the people you could infect etc?  Not sure if it’s naive, ignorant or sociopathic.   Maybe a mix of all of three.  Everyone has a responsibility to each other now more then ever. I slip up too.  Hard to have a real conversation using a device online ... sometimes (me for sure) read what you write before hitting the send button ha ha. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

• -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic