The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Thanks.

Yes I imagine the NHL or the individual teams will be setting guidelines for what the players can and can't do.

Surely no team would want its players going out and risking infection.

Well originally they just wanted to bubble the players and the NHLPA said 'nope, no family no dice'  So I wouldn't be surprised if players being out and about is another sticking point.  Also wouldn't doubt it if Gar-Bear and the rest of the NHL went to these Canadian cities and told their respected officials to make this happen.  Edmonton's plan was to have the players out in the public all along iirc.  Keep in mind the NHL plans to test everyone, everyday.  

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, i don't see hockey players and families staying in the hotel 24/7 when not at the rink.  For 2 months... yah ain't going to happen.

Not even if they were treated with 6 stars and made it feel like they were on vacation for 2 months alongside the hockey? ;)

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, i don't see hockey players and families staying in the hotel 24/7 when not at the rink.  For 2 months... yah ain't going to happen.

Hockey in the summer is just wrong on so many levels.   MIllionaire players...  and Billionaire owners just trying to get a few more dollars in their pockets....

It's doable.

As mentioned, there are plenty of other people who are not millionaires, that are out of work because of the stoppage.

Just because it doesn't affect your job, doesn't mean others aren't affected.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Well originally they just wanted to bubble the players and the NHLPA said 'nope, no family no dice'  So I wouldn't be surprised if players being out and about is another sticking point.  Also wouldn't doubt it if Gar-Bear and the rest of the NHL went to these Canadian cities and told their respected officials to make this happen.  Edmonton's plan was to have the players out in the public all along iirc.  Keep in mind the NHL plans to test everyone, everyday.  

I suppose we'll have to wait and see if the NHL enforces extra caution.

If NHLers are allowed to go swim at the beaches and whatnot, I'd understand the concern. I don't think that will be an issue though.

Surely the NHL isn't going to put in all this work and not take every precaution.

42 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

It's doable.

As mentioned, there are plenty of other people who are not millionaires, that are out of work because of the stoppage.

Just because it doesn't affect your job, doesn't mean others aren't affected.

Hopefully it doesn't contribute to a whole lotta people being affected....   A second wave of Covid is not what our province needs..

Horgan should focus on the real issues affecting BC and stop being a cheerleader for summer sports tournaments..

Edited by kingofsurrey

george costanza comedy GIF

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Actually I think this is false, once the 14 day quarantine ends they are free to be out and about with the public.  

i don't think so.  I think theyre required to be in a self contained bubble.

Edited by stawns

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

i don't think so.  I think theyre required to be in a self contained bubble.

yah so were those snowbirds from quebec in April...   How did that turn out again.... ?

unenforced quarentine.....  kinda like asking Canadian travelers at the airport in April -  returning  to Canada from. Europe or South America...   " Do you think you have a fever "   What do expect they would tell you ?  Canadians are simpy way to naive.... and so much of our gov. policy is simply BS to placate our citizens. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

15 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hopefully it doesn't contribute to a whole lotta people being affected....   A second wave of Covid is not what our province needs..

Horgan should focus on the real issues affecting BC and stop being a cheerleader for summer sports tournaments..

No one would want to see a second wave, so hopefully we're able to avoid that.

Keep in mind 8 teams would be knocked out after the play-in, then another 8 after the first round. Makes it much easier to contain as the teams widdle down.

There's going to be risk with anything, but if proper precautions are taken, then we shouldn't have much to worry about. There's likely more risk in letting hair salons open.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Keep in mind 8 teams would be knocked out after the play-in, then another 8 after the first round. Makes it much easier to contain as the teams widdle down.

There's going to be risk with anything, but if proper precautions are taken, then we shouldn't have much to worry about. There's likely more risk in letting hair salons open.

Our restaurants all reopen...

COVID-19: Restaurants no longer limited to 50% capacity for dine-in guests

• Jun. 11, 2020 1:30 p.m.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

B.C.’s top doctor has removed capacity limitations for restaurants as one of a handful of changes to her COVID-19 provincial health order for the food industry.

The new order removes the 50 per cent capacity restriction, instead allowing operators to determine their capacity so long as guests are able to physically distance by at least two metres.

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

USA stock markets dropped 7% today as the market now fears second wave of covid is now hitting USA. 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

USA stock markets dropped 7% today as the market now fears second wave of covid is now hitting USA. 

Restaurants also being a bigger risk than the NHL imo. As is anything open to the public.

Just have to hope people don't get too reckless. Have to open things up slowly, but we also have the option to choose whether we go to somewhere like a restaurant or not.

If there unfortunately is a second wave, hopefully it's not as bad as the first.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Just have to hope people don't get too reckless.

Once the genie is out of the bottle......

I am thinking that is where we are now in BC....    Went to Chilliwack yesterday.... saw very very few people wearing masks....

• Huggy Bear 1

My understanding with the NHL is that there would be very little movement for the players from their hotels to the rinks.  I saw a tweet this morning from one of the players musing about whether the teams could "buy up" 3 - 4 restaurants for the duration so they would have somewhere beyond the hotel to go.  That didn't sound like their movements would be unrestricted.  

The 14 day quarantine would restrict them from any activity if it were still in place, they would be limited to staying in their hotel room with no access to fitness/ice facilities.  That's why it's a show stopper for the NHL.  The hub process is still expected to limit their movements outside the hotel/arena.  

Sorry, can't find the tweet right now, will post if I find it again.  

3 minutes ago, skategal said:

Just listening to Dr. Henry - teams would have no contact with the public.  Teams would have to remain in their bubble for the entire time they are in the city.  

You trust the government ? really ?   Dr. Henry is also the one that said Covid doesn't spread between kids  and that masks are not helpful....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, skategal said:

Just listening to Dr. Henry - teams would have no contact with the public.  Teams would have to remain in their bubble for the entire time they are in the city.  

That may be indeed the way it will be for sports for a while...

Hub cities. 

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

You trust the government ? really ?   Dr. Henry is also the one that said Covid doesn't spread between kids  and that masks are not helpful....

Did you call the government? Are you doing the work? You gotta.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Actually I think this is false, once the 14 day quarantine ends they are free to be out and about with the public.  

I don't believe that to be the case.

I've heard they'll be contained to their hotel, designated restaurants/spots, etc.  Not just free to roam...but I could be wrong.

• Vintage 2