The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I don't believe that to be the case.

I've heard they'll be contained to their hotel, designated restaurants/spots, etc.  Not just free to roam...but I could be wrong.

That seems to be the case yes.

• Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Once the genie is out of the bottle......

I am thinking that is where we are now in BC....    Went to Chilliwack yesterday.... saw very very few people wearing masks....

B.C. has been pretty good, as has Canada as a whole compared to the States. I personally don't care where the hub cities are, but it makes sense to go to places that have fewer cases.

It can of course get out of hand pretty quickly though. Should that happen, and the NHL maintained to keep its players/staff isolated, I'm sure we'll all be thankful for having some hockey to watch while we're stuck inside.

26 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Trending in the wrong direction .....

Summer.

Went to the beer store. Waiting in line outside in the blazing sun. A couple behind me. Masks. Professors (asked later). In front, some dude being a dude. Another dude dude comes up and dudes it up with the other dude. No mask, talking as if it they were at a concert, proudly talking about how they’ve been going to parties and there’s one tonight at (whatever the address was),

“yeah they were giving me beers and we were passing joints...”

...but then the dude comes near me still talking loud and just takes over my space. His bike was there you see. Still talking loud, spewing droplets in the air, he unlocks his bike and slowly converse his body back to the other dude, leaving his bike there, still talking about how this party tonight will be lit.

...still talking, not caring one bit as to his environment which includes and elderly couple with masks on, me with a mask on, the fact that we’re lining up one meter apart, and that there’s only one customer at a time inside the store, everyone else walking in the neighbourhood trying to consciously navigate their body amongst other bodies.

I tell you, the second wave will be spectacular.

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

Unfortunately our other pandemic is growing, 170 OD deaths in the month of May?  Did I hear that right?  Yikes.

The whole of Hastings should be cleared.

As in humane as it sounds, the humanity of care and relocation is better.

There should be a serious program concerning the matter. It is alarming to see.

A big challenge among street drug users right now is the toxicity of the drugs.  I've seen signs up all over at places where street people congregate advising to watch for certain colours of drugs, warnings that drugs are extremely toxic as they are being cut with different stuff, how to test your drugs to ensure they are "safe" to use etc etc.  It's gotten a lot worse with borders being shut, limited international shipping into BC.  

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

In May, the province recorded 170 suspected illicit drug toxicity deaths

I was just thinking that we have never seen an age breakdown of these deaths. How many of these were over 60 or 70?  To a young person who thinks that they do not have to follow a few simple rules about COVID-19 prevention because it doesn't affect his age group, I reply, that we (the boomers) try to do as much as possible about drug deaths, but yet they are not in our age group. The whole village has to help the villagers.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Haven’t seen this in a while, we have some  new countries on this list.
Also South America is looking bad, China is full of $&!# on these numbers.

If the brazil stats are true, that infection rate is so fracked.  1.3 million tests and 800K infections?  What would be the total number in Brazil that have it?

2 hours ago, skategal said:

A big challenge among street drug users right now is the toxicity of the drugs.  I've seen signs up all over at places where street people congregate advising to watch for certain colours of drugs, warnings that drugs are extremely toxic as they are being cut with different stuff, how to test your drugs to ensure they are "safe" to use etc etc.  It's gotten a lot worse with borders being shut, limited international shipping into BC.  

It is a medical issue / mental health issue.  Just give them safe prescribed drugs.... that come with mandatory counelling/ care.   Have available live in treatment centres open / ready for when they are wanting to make the positive change.   Treat them as sick people not as criminals. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

BC kids and school staff are not worth protecting from Covid ....

Washington and Califiornia kids / staff are worth protecting though...

Dr Bonnie wears a mask when she goes out shopping but she says schools staff don't need any....   wow. 

https://www.krem.com/article/news/education/washington-in-person-classes-expected-to-resume-fall-2020/293-2599e108-2c9d-4c7f-841a-3e0e5da49e8a

Washington State

On Thursday morning, the state's Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction released guidance for reopening schools after months of coronavirus closures. 

The guidance includes a mask requirement for all students and staff in K-12 settings. 

California.

Teachers and educators in California to get 2.4 million face shields (like portable plexiglass for essential workers in close proximity all day with the public, teachers) - so why not in B.C.? http://redforbced.ca/california-schools-government-to-provide-educators-with-2-4-million-face-shields-and-other-ppe/ #bced #bcpoli

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

It is a medical issue / mental health issue.  Just give them safe prescribed drugs.... that come with mandatory counelling/ care.   Have available live in treatment centres open / ready for when they are wanting to make the positive change.   Treat them as sick people not as criminals. 

Every so often, you surprise me. This post just balanced out 10 of your incessant Dr. Bonnie is doing it wrong posts.

Keep it up and I'll start getting sad you are ignoring me. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Unfortunately our other pandemic is growing, 170 OD deaths in the month of May?  Did I hear that right?  Yikes.

With the "shutdown", I'd imagine the 'normal supply lines of drugs' have been significantly (negatively) impacted.  I'd guess this had an impact on the toxicity of the stuff they 'cut'.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Give crack heads free drugs and places to shoot up expect them to die. At the minimum OD. Never a mention of the mental toll it takes on the first responders reviving these dead beats. 

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Maybe not. Dow is back up hundreds in after hours trading; there's no end to the party when the Fed can print off unlimited money and continue to prop it up. It's not reflective of the state of the economy evidently.. 

Edited by Tortorella's Rant
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Give crack heads free drugs and places to shoot up expect them to die. At the minimum OD. Never a mention of the mental toll it takes on the first responders reviving these dead beats. 

Those dead beats could be your sibling, cousin  , or neighbour. 

Drug addiction is a disease that affects canadian families in all socio economic categories.... / ethnic groups.  

i have lost a friend and a cousin and both were holding down solid jobs. ONe owned his own great business..  and my cousin worked long term BC ferries.

Those dead beats to you were   loved by their families / loved ones and had hundreds of friends.... Treatment is the answer. Keep them alive with safe drugs until they are ready for treatment.

Instead we restrict  safe legal  drugs to them  .  This only  steers them towards  dangerous toxic street drugs that kill them. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1