The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

It is a medical issue / mental health issue.  Just give them safe prescribed drugs.... that come with mandatory counelling/ care.   Have available live in treatment centres open / ready for when they are wanting to make the positive change.   Treat them as sick people not as criminals. 

Already a thing.

The prescribed drugs don't give the level of euphoric high as street drugs so when they get money (like cerb), they drop the prescription meds and buy the street variety.

13 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Haven’t seen this in a while, we have some  new countries on this list.
Also South America is looking bad, China is full of $&!# on these numbers.

Without friggin question.

Claiming no new cases in days or weeks.  Most populous nation in the planet.  Largest and busiest transit grid on the planet.

To claim no new cases or deaths for this long or only suggesting less than a dozen new cases of transmission over a weeks long period is utter crap

10 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Give crack heads free drugs and places to shoot up expect them to die. At the minimum OD. Never a mention of the mental toll it takes on the first responders reviving these dead beats. 

Who's getting free drugs?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Without friggin question.

Claiming no new cases in days or weeks.  Most populous nation in the planet.  Largest and busiest transit grid on the planet.

To claim no new cases or deaths for this long or only suggesting less than a dozen new cases of transmission over a weeks long period is utter crap

Nah, just an unexplainable huge spike in respiratory illnesses and or deaths.  Or pneumonia related issues.  If the CCP handled the JFK assassination was that he died of a self-inflicted wound.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 4:37 PM, BPA said:

Had lunch at Romers this afternoon with my co-worker.  Server was wearing a mask.  Place had social distancing measures in place.

My co-worker and I were not wearing a mask (cuz sidewalks and restaurant was not crowded).

I'll let you know if I got infected or not.

One week later.

Still feel fine.  No symptoms.

PS:  Family went to Cactus Club for dinner last Saturday.  Work masks going in and out.  No masks at the table (kinda hard to eat with it on).  Symptom free so far.

8 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Already a thing.

The prescribed drugs don't give the level of euphoric high as street drugs so when they get money (like cerb), they drop the prescription meds and buy the street variety.

Then prescribe them the real deal - heroin.   Many addicts actually want H but can't find it in vancouver now  available on the streets.

• Cheers 1

On 6/10/2020 at 9:18 AM, IBatch said:

This is a shout out the CDC in general.  Has anyone noticed Alf posting ?  A month or so I queried this too - sorry if this is insensitive ahead of time - just a little worried about the furry fella is all.   Im not sure how to use the messaging aspect otherwise I’d try that channel.   Anyone?  Noticed this thread is getting the most traffic - didn’t want to make a thread...yet.   Need him back.  Hire Babcock and all.  Thanks CDC, not the easiest of times and would be pretty sad if we lose any members no matter the activity- but especially a regular champ like Alf.    Maybe just taking a sabatical? 

On 6/10/2020 at 9:26 AM, Wilbur said:

He still hasn't posted since March.  Not sure if he's taking a hiatus while hockey is gone.  That's what I hope at least.

No idea, but I will post this in his honor. 

alf.jpg.84e003421ccd9f1adbbbdaeecb1fa29c.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Nah, just an unexplainable huge spike in respiratory illnesses and or deaths.  Or pneumonia related issues.  If the CCP handled the JFK assassination was that he died of a self-inflicted wound.

No.  He tripped and fell on that bullet.  Twice

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Have a look at what Portugal has done with their (now, nonexistant) drug problem. Make ALL drugs legal. The 1920's taught us that prohibition does not work!

I'm shocked countries haven't followed suite yet.  The war on drugs is a waste of time, and money.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Have a look at what Portugal has done with their (now, nonexistant) drug problem. Make ALL drugs legal. The 1920's taught us that prohibition does not work!

Look at all the trouble Justin Trudeau had to go thru just to get weed declared legal  (not saying that I don't agree with you...just that I don't see that happening soon).  

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yes...very similar to the magic bullet. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

I'm shocked countries haven't followed suite yet.  The war on drugs is a waste of time, and money.

I'm literally listening to the band "The War On Drugs" right now.  They're an excellent band - "Under The Pressure" is a great song! 

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Look at all the trouble Justin Trudeau had to go thru just to get weed declared legal  (not saying that I don't agree with you...just that I don't see that happening soon).  

Decriminalizing all drugs (possession under a certain for obvious reasons), is a good place to help.  We have to work on getting rid of the stigma of addiction.  Make people more comfortable with seeking help.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Decriminalizing all drugs (possession under a certain for obvious reasons), is a good place to help.  We have to work on getting rid of the stigma of addiction.  Make people more comfortable with seeking help.

Will never happen as Conservatives (in my opinion) will not support it.