The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That map is a little strange....

My first impression was that I was surprised at the cases in the Alaska panhandle, but some of the Canadian sites are confusing. The one near the west coast looks to be somewhere around Terrace, or maybe Smithers, but AFAIK, they have minimal cases. Maybe it's supposed to be PG?

Edmonton and Stoon both seem to be about right, but the one in Manitoba is nowhere near Winnipeg and the Ontario and Quebec locations are both in the middle of nowhere....:unsure:

it's not strange at all

the map is most likely sourced in the usa

and they do not expend any energy at all to look at places outside the usa

canada is worthy of 1 red dot per province, without any breakdown at all, as was done with the meaningful territories of the world (the usa)

we are fortunate they noted our virus stats by 1 dot and that we were not totally ignored

they have the virus issue well in hand down south, and can learn nothing from us

not even from bc or the excellent medical leadership provided by dr. henry

i think they chose to locate the red dot in bc near where you are located

due to the heat generated from that area by your heavy posting on here :P

15 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Of course... but they way you worded it as "parents refused to send their kids back"  made it seem like the government was telling them they had to, or even as you say now - "follow our governments advice" 

It was merely an option for parents that wanted it or thought appropriate for their situation. not every kid has a great home environment. 

parents had the option to send their kids back, for reasons as outlined in skategals post, and many declined as is their choice

Horgan/Fleming/DR. B. stated it would be safe to send your kids back to school.

70% of parents disagreed and kept their kids home.  

We have read about an entire class in Quebec of kids now infected with Covid 19 ....

Quebec

44 students in Quebec have confirmed cases of COVID-19 ...

France

PARIS -- Just one week after a third of French schoolchildren went back to school in an easing of the coronavirus lockdown, there has been a worrying flareup of about 70 COVID-19 cases linked to schools, the government said Monday.

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

it's not strange at all

the map is most likely sourced in the usa

and they do not expend any energy at all to look at places outside the usa

canada is worthy of 1 red dot per province, without any breakdown at all, as was done with the meaningful territories of the world (the usa)

we are fortunate they noted our virus stats by 1 dot and that we were not totally ignored

they have the virus issue well in hand down south, and can learn nothing from us

not even from bc or the excellent medical leadership provided by dr. henry

i think they chose to locate the red dot in bc near where you are located

due to the heat generated from that area by your heavy posting on here :P

'Struth, but using that metric, you'd think that wherever Vintage lives would be one gigantic red circle......

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

'Struth, but using that metric, you'd think that wherever Vintage lives would be one gigantic red circle......

well he is likely somewhere on the north shore

and those north shore mountain ice caps cool his heat and mask his activity level 

we know rupert has no snow or ice

just constant., persistent, eternal rain (which is not effective at heat masking)

oh, and btw, have you evolved enough yet to have webbing between your toes and fingers?

Edited by coastal.view

17 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

and those north shore mountain ice caps cool his heat and mask his activity level 

just constant., persistent, eternal rain (which is not effective at heat masking)

oh, and btw, have you evolved enough yet to have webbing between your toes and fingers?

Too late for me....maybe my kids....

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

No such thing as bad weather there's only bad rain coats :ph34r: btw my 23 years as a  hwys driver between rupert , terrace the section holds a canadian  24  hour snowfall record 12ft         shames mountain. 02IMG_0684.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chon derry said:

No such thing as bad weather there's only bad rain coats :ph34r: btw my 23 years as a  hwys driver between rupert , terrace the section holds a canadian  24  hour snowfall record 12ft         shames mountain. 02IMG_0684.jpg

Is that in BC?

55 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

It sounds like they were right:

If you think covid 19 infections are over......  i have a bridge to sell you....    

Quebec

44 students in Quebec have confirmed cases of COVID-19 ...

France

PARIS -- Just one week after a third of French schoolchildren went back to school in an easing of the coronavirus lockdown, there has been a worrying flareup of about 70 COVID-19 cases linked to schools, the government said Monday

Edited by kingofsurrey

7 minutes ago, chon derry said:

yeah except the snow during that event

was liquified in rupert

a good day in rupert is when the clouds part enough

so the sun can shine in to bounce off the rain droplets

:P

ok i'm being extreme

but i was forced to fly up there

when the airlines were on strike

and had to locate some smallish airline that flew a few of us up there in a snowstorm

an unhappy memory

sorry rupertbo and chon.. nothing personal against people who live up there

i do hear it is a preferred location for those who suffer from sun related reactions

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Is that in BC?

ya its called  my mountain co-op   formerly shames mountain ski hill , the only ski hill in BC  that they have to cancel ski events due to road access  hwys crews prioritize '16 '  and only when its deemed safe that they  tackle the ski hill road. secondary  road class D.

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

If you think covid 19 infections are over......  i have a bridge to sell you....  LMAO

Not sure why you would think I am thinking that  :lol:  The sky is not falling though. 

Here is THE LATEST:

• The CERB is being extended by eight weeks.
  • Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry will give her daily update at 3 p.m. PT.
  • B.C. has had 2,745 confirmed cases of COVID-19 to date.
  • 168 people have died of the novel coronavirus.
  • 182 cases are still active.
  • 13 people are in hospital, including four in intensive care.
  • 2,395 people have recovered from their illness.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/coronavirus-update-bc-what-you-need-to-know-june-16-1.5613539

3 minutes ago, chon derry said:

ya its called  my mountain co-op   formerly shames mountain ski hill , the only ski hill in BC  that they have to cancel ski events due to road access  hwys crews prioritize '16 '  and only when its deemed safe that they  tackle the ski hill road. secondary  road class D.

Holy f. 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Holy f. 

07 '16' was flooded for 9 days in mid may,  food supplys etc for haida Gwaii rupert had to be shipped rather than trucked, right now the run off is been pretty gradual but theres still lots of snow on the north faces , the skeena as we speak  is still running high and fast which is some what late for it to be doing that. not good for the  fish. recent  years have seen drought to extreme hi river flow.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

yeah except the snow during that event

was liquified in rupert

a good day in rupert is when the clouds part enough

so the sun can shine in to bounce off the rain droplets

:P

ok i'm being extreme

but i was forced to fly up there

when the airlines were on strike

and had to locate some smallish airline that flew a few of us up there in a snowstorm

an unhappy memory

sorry rupertbo and chon.. nothing personal against people who live up there

i do hear it is a preferred location for those who suffer from sun related reactions

This is actually true. Several years ago, a family from South Africa immigrated here, because the father and all of the children suffered from Porphyria

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, chon derry said:

07 '16' was flooded for 9 days in mid may,  food supplys etc for haida Gwaii rupert had to be shipped rather than trucked, right now the run off is been pretty gradual but theres still lots of snow on the north faces , the skeena as we speak  is still running high and fast which is some what late for it to be doing that. not good for the  fish. recent  years have seen drought to extreme hi river flow.

Skeena wild steelhead....  wow.

Fished the copper river one time also .  Amazing beauty. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

Not sure when that was, I worked in Terrace from summer 81 to summer 84.  One week during one of those winters it snowed 4+ feet over just over 24 hours.  It was the craziest thing I'd ever seen, and I grew up in NE BC.  Some of the strip malls were buried because of the snow and drifting.  It can definitely snow in that country....and rain LOL!  I was lucky in that I never had to be rerouted to Pr Rupert flying into Terrace.  Did however have to be rerouted to Grande Prairie when flying into Dawson Creek.  Gripped the armrests pretty tight on that flight, loud cracking outside, told by the flight attendant that it was just ice breaking free from the wings.  I guess that was better than ice not breaking free, but it was nervewracking and made the landing in Grande Prairie and the bus ride back a happy ending.  

• Like 2