Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This is actually true. Several years ago, a family from South Africa immigrated here, because the father and all of the children suffered from Porphyria

yep

i knew that

which is why i posted that info

 

there are very few places in the entire world

that are more or less safe from the sun

and rupert is one of them

 

sucks for companies that sell sun screen up there though

 

ps... my superficial knowledge of a vast variety of topics could fill a large library with very thin books :frantic:

Edited by coastal.view
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

yep

i knew that

which is why i posted that info

 

there are very few places in the entire world

that are more or less safe from the sun

and rupert is one of them

 

sucks for companies that sell sun screen up there though

 

ps... my superficial knowledge of a vast variety of topics could fill a large library with very thin books :frantic:

theres a song for everything...…….

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

yep

i knew that

which is why i posted that info

 

there are very few places in the entire world

that are more or less safe from the sun

and rupert is one of them

 

sucks for companies that sell sun screen up there though

 

ps... my superficial knowledge of a vast variety of topics could fill a large library with very thin books :frantic:

As my daughter says...a walking encyclopedia of useless facts. B)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One thing about living in a town where it rains a lot....I haven't once had to shovel the rain out of my driveway....

I'd actually consider moving there. The only problem for me would be the feeling of isolation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One thing about living in a town where it rains a lot....I haven't once had to shovel the rain out of my driveway....

for sure

and don't forget about the additional benefit

of being able to fill your tub

just by opening the bathroom window

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

for sure

and don't forget about the additional benefit

of being able to fill your tub

just by opening the bathroom window

That used to be a benefit....

 

....but we got running water back in '09......

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'd actually consider moving there. The only problem for me would be the feeling of isolation.

I guess it would depend on where you were coming from. I don't feel isolated at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Lock said:

Prince George. lol

 

Not too far. I've actually been there once or twice.

I grew up in PG. Graduated from PGSS in '79. Still have a sister who lives there....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I grew up in PG. Graduated from PGSS in '79. Still have a sister who lives there....

Nice. I graduated from KRSS in 2001.

 

I keep getting asked if I'm tough... :ph34r:

 

Edit: Wow. I literally put in my birthyear as my graduation year. Fixed.

Edited by The Lock
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Lock said:

Nice. I graduated from KRSS in 83.

 

I keep getting asked if I'm tough... :ph34r:

I lived out on the Hart for a while. Didn't seem any tougher than the area around Fort George Park, where I grew up....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

I lived out on the Hart for a while. Didn't seem any tougher than the area around Fort George Park, where I grew up....

(I edited my post by the way. I derped. lol)

 

Yeah I can see Fort George Park area being fairly tough depending on which area around it. I think there just happens to be a perception of the school I went. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

(I edited my post by the way. I derped. lol)

 

Yeah I can see Fort George Park area being fairly tough depending on which area around it. I think there just happens to be a perception of the school I went. lol

Yeah. I played volleyball and basketball out there a couple of times. I could see it...

 

Played hockey out at the ElksCenter quite a few times as well.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

yep

i knew that

which is why i posted that info

 

there are very few places in the entire world

that are more or less safe from the sun

and rupert is one of them

 

sucks for companies that sell sun screen up there though

 

ps... my superficial knowledge of a vast variety of topics could fill a large library with very thin books :frantic:

 

47 minutes ago, spur1 said:

As my daughter says...a walking encyclopedia of useless facts. B)

895849097_Cliffthemailman.jpg.0d6ef6979795b31ab02991b41b825116.jpg

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this on twitter.....

 

 

Beijing’s population is 21.5 million. 100 new cases in past 5 days. Closing schools, testing everyone & locking down.

 

BC has pop 5.1 million & 50 cases over the past 5 days. Response? Only test 971 people, still no masks  in schools & look to next phase of opening the economy.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Saw this on twitter.....

 

 

Beijing’s population is 21.5 million. 100 new cases in past 5 days. Closing schools, testing everyone & locking down.

 

BC has pop 5.1 million & 50 cases over the past 5 days. Response? Only test 971 people, still no masks  in schools & look to next phase of opening the economy.

 

 

It's China.  100 new cases is probably more like 10,000 new cases.

 

Lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Saw this on twitter.....

 

 

Beijing’s population is 21.5 million. 100 new cases in past 5 days. Closing schools, testing everyone & locking down.

 

BC has pop 5.1 million & 50 cases over the past 5 days. Response? Only test 971 people, still no masks  in schools & look to next phase of opening the economy.

 

 

If you think Beijing only has 100 new cases in the past 5 days, I've got the Fraser street Bridge to sell you.:P

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday reportedly said he won’t stop economic reopening efforts as the state recorded its highest daily increase in coronavirus cases in a single day.

 

“We’re not shutting down, we’re gonna go forward,” he said at a press conference, according to the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. “We’re gonna continue to protect the most vulnerable.”

The Sunshine State on Tuesday tallied 2,783 new instances of the coronavirus — the fourth time in six days a record number of cases was met

 

https://nypost.com/2020/06/16/florida-gov-says-state-will-keep-reopening-amid-coronavirus-surge/

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday reportedly said he won’t stop economic reopening efforts as the state recorded its highest daily increase in coronavirus cases in a single day.

 

“We’re not shutting down, we’re gonna go forward,” he said at a press conference, according to the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. “We’re gonna continue to protect the most vulnerable.”

The Sunshine State on Tuesday tallied 2,783 new instances of the coronavirus — the fourth time in six days a record number of cases was met

 

https://nypost.com/2020/06/16/florida-gov-says-state-will-keep-reopening-amid-coronavirus-surge/

3xesnl.jpg

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SNuck locked and unlocked this topic
  • SNuck featured and pinned this topic
  • SNuck unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...