Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Petey40 said:

Oh man this is gonna set him off lol

Not going to set me off.

 

Pretty predictable really when the government sends in school staff  / kids with no PPE during a pandemic to school . 

 

 

According to my neighbour  no  one is temperature tested each day.... sick kids come back the next day with no further testing done. 

 

Interesting enough... a few uni programs are running right now..  they require 10 days off after showing any symptoms... mandatory.

Or a covid result negative... print out.     

 

 BC schools K -12 

 

sick kid return the next day.  No doctor note.... no testing... No 10 days off. NOTHING

No hand sanitizer to the school.

No masks...

No gloves...  NOTHING Provided by BC Gov.       Yah, there is the usual soap in the bathroom to be used....

 

So all in all - this was pretty predictable.  At least 85% of parents gr. 6-12.  in BC saw through the NDP's plans and refused to put their kids at risk. 

 

#BrokenBC

 

PS - super happy it was not a  kid or kids that are infected so far.  Fingers crossed.  This virus also has very scarey effects on small kids.  Lets all hope that no kids get it in the next week back at school. 

 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Not going to set me off.

 

Pretty predictable really when the government sends in school staff  / kids with no PPE during a pandemic to school .  No one is temperature tested each day.... sick kids come back the next day with no further testing done. 

 

Interesting enough... a few uni programs are running right now..  they require 10 days off after showing any symptoms... mandatory.

Or a covid result negative... print out.     

 

FUNNY how BC schools K -12  just let a  sick kid return the next day.  No doctor note.... no testing... No 10 days off. NOTHING>.    Thanks Horgan /

Fleming.  No hand sanitizer to the school. No masks... No gloves...  NOTHING Provided by BC Gov.       Yah, there is the usual soap in the bathroom to be used....

 

So all in all - this was pretty predictable.  At least 85% of parents gr. 6-12.  in BC saw through the NDP's plans and refused to put their kids at risk. 

 

#BrokenBC

 

Q: Was the person who got COVID-19 at independent school a teacher?

A (Dr. Henry): This was an adult involved in several roles including teaching. We knew this was a possibility. Harder for kids to transmit between each other. Doesn't change our assessment of risk which is low.

 

*******

 

So it appears it was an adult that had Covid-19 and not kids.

 

Hmm....

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BPA said:

Q: Was the person who got COVID-19 at independent school a teacher?

A (Dr. Henry): This was an adult involved in several roles including teaching. We knew this was a possibility. Harder for kids to transmit between each other. Doesn't change our assessment of risk which is low.

 

*******

 

So it appears it was an adult that had Covid-19 and not kids.

 

Hmm....

 

Yah,  not really sure.  Why does it matter if was a support staff / office staff / or teacher......

Many different roles in our school system.  All are exposed to kids.

So far great news it is not a student.  

 

The Bay temp tests each employee every day before they enter the building 

Dollar store gives workers  masks.

Tim Hortons makes all workers wear masks.

Most stores put hand sanitizer for visitors / staff. 

 

 

BC schools offer nothing......      That is why 85% of Gr. 6-12 students did not return to these conditions. 

 

BC is the only province in Canada that alllowed  all kids / staff  back to school. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah,  not really sure.  Why does it matter if was a support staff / office staff / or teacher......

Many different roles in our school system.  All are exposed to kids.

So far great news it is not a student.  

 

The Bay temp tests each employee every day before they enter the building 

Dollar store gives workers  masks.

Tim Hortons makes all workers wear masks.

Most stores put hand sanitizer for visitors / staff. 

 

 

BC schools offer nothing......      That is why 85% of Gr. 6-12 students did not return to these conditions. 

 

BC is the only province in Canada that alllowed  all kids / staff  back to school. 

Almost 3 weeks since kids went back to school (in a significantly reduced class size).  And only 1 case (an adult) reported. 

 

Wouldn't you say that it is successful so far?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BPA said:

Almost 3 weeks since kids went back to school (in a significantly reduced class size).  And only 1 case (an adult) reported. 

 

Wouldn't you say that it is successful so far?

Luckily 85% of parents in gr. 6-12  saw it as way to0 risky.  

 

 

 

Edited by kingofsurrey
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BPA said:

Almost 3 weeks since kids went back to school (in a significantly reduced class size).  And only 1 case (an adult) reported. 

 

Wouldn't you say that it is successful so far?

I notice you do NOT comment on the lack of any PPE in our schools for kids / staff 

 

Yes - great news no kids have been infected in school return so far.  Fantastic news. 

 

Edited by kingofsurrey
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry KoS, I don't want to get into a debate with you as you are pretty dug in on your position on schools reopening, but with one infection of an adult in 3 weeks, doesn't that support that there was no requirement for PPE in schools?  

 

I'm not sure what sort of PPE you wanted, masks, Tyvek suits, gowns, gloves, goggles, face shields, shoe covers?  None of it is comfortable to wear by any means.  

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, skategal said:

Sorry KoS, I don't want to get into a debate with you as you are pretty dug in on your position on schools reopening, but with one infection of an adult in 3 weeks, doesn't that support that there was no requirement for PPE in schools?  

 

I'm not sure what sort of PPE you wanted, masks, Tyvek suits, gowns, gloves, goggles, face shields, shoe covers?  None of it is comfortable to wear by any means.  

Yup - great that 85% of BC parents Gr. 6-12 did not trust / follow BC government recommendations. and send their kids back to PPE free schools.

 

Parents smart decision has probably greatly reduced covid infections in our schools. 

Well done BC parents. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yup - great that 85% of BC parents Gr. 6-12 did not trust / follow BC government recommendations. and send their kids back to PPE free schools.

 

Parents smart decision has probably greatly reduced covid infections in our schools. 

Well done BC parents. 

the king of comedy

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, samurai said:

the king of comedy

I’d agree, but even I get tired of comedians that tell the same joke 1700 times and can’t read the crowd. 
 

if we assume the 85% staying home  is accurate, that’s over 80,000 students that have been in school for 3 weeks. With no student cases yet. I’d say we’re doing pretty well. There will be some of course but I look at the big picture. 

Edited by zapperman
Clarified % staying home
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, zapperman said:

I’d agree, but even I get tired of comedians that tell the same joke 1700 times and can’t read the crowd. 
 

if we assume the 85% is accurate, that’s over 80,000 students that have been in school for 3 weeks. With no student cases yet. I’d say we’re doing pretty well. There will be some of course but I look at the big picture. 

My kids are now back for 4 hours a day.  They are extremely happy to be back - night and day.  I am in Japan.  All the schools including high schools have gone back with guidelines that are probably similar to BC.  Masks, smaller class sizes, windows open, regular hand washing, temp check before leaving the house, and not much more than that.  The school goes until the end of July.  So keeping kids out or giving parents the option isn't really an option.   I think it is close to 11 million kids and so far no clusters have occurred. And I haven't heard of any cases of large numbers of parents holding their kids back.  Going back to school is happening all over the world so yeah the big picture is very positive.  Summer vacation here is only going to be 2 weeks for the kids.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I notice you do NOT comment on the lack of any PPE in our schools for kids / staff 

 

Yes - great news no kids have been infected in school return so far.  Fantastic news. 

 

Nope.

 

I said it from the beginning that any good company would provide their employees with much needed PPE.

 

But I also was OK with kids going back to school part time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some say this was a “planned demic” purposeful attack by China or other state. I’m on the fence with this.

 

Things that have upset me about this:

 

- BC could have opened more things sooner, we are one of the best provinces for active known cases for a long time now (there are now currently only 190). Active cases have always been low in this province and it had a lot has to do with spring break being delayed out here as opposed to Quebec and Ontario, 


- Trudeau is giving away far too many handouts on a daily basis to people throughout the country on the backs of us tax payers who have not stopped working. He is on course to bankrupting the country and promoting an environment where those collecting CERB make more money sitting at home than working (I’ve confirmed this with several restaurants who have staff that refuse to come back to work).

 

- why is the NHL looking at high infection areas for game sites? This whole thing is a TV related issue and it doesn’t matter if it’s being played in the Yukon. As long as there are ice rinks and hotels, there not be any need for anything else. Places like Toronto and even all of the US should be a NO!
 

  • Upvote 1
  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

why is the NHL looking at high infection areas for game sites? This whole thing is a TV related issue and it doesn’t matter if it’s being played in the Yukon. As long as there are ice rinks and hotels, there not be any need for anything else. Places like Toronto and even all of the US should be a NO!

If I’m not mistaken, the players have to agree on the hub cities or at least have input on the decision. The players are going to prefer to be in a city like Vegas or Toronto rather than Edmonton or Columbus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Some say this was a “planned demic” purposeful attack by China or other state. I’m on the fence with this.

 

Things that have upset me about this:

 


- Trudeau is giving away far too many handouts on a daily basis to people throughout the country on the backs of us tax payers who have not stopped working. He is on course to bankrupting the country and promoting an environment where those collecting CERB make more money sitting at home than working (I’ve confirmed this with several restaurants who have staff that refuse to come back to work).

 


 

It's just as bad down here in the States.  I know plenty of people who have the opportunity to go back to work, or have been offered different jobs, but flat out refuse for no other reason than they'd rather get paid to sit at home.  My own nephew only had a job for two weeks and now has been on unemployment for 3 months.....and he LOVES it.  Plays video games 16 hours a day, lives at home, and pays no rent...a real contributor to society. 

 

The handouts need to be reduced big time for certain people.  And both my country and state are already passed the point of broke.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zapperman said:

I’d agree, but even I get tired of comedians that tell the same joke 1700 times and can’t read the crowd. 
 

if we assume the 85% is accurate, that’s over 80,000 students that have been in school for 3 weeks. With no student cases yet. I’d say we’re doing pretty well. There will be some of course but I look at the big picture. 

My school is at about 10-15% capacity

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stawns said:

My school is at about 10-15% capacity

Highschools in my my area are probably 95% empty.   Approx 5% of students attend per day. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, grandmaster said:

 

 

- BC could have opened more things sooner, we are one of the best provinces for active known cases for a long time now (there are now currently only 190). Active cases have always been low in this province and it had a lot has to do with spring break being delayed out here as opposed to Quebec and Ontario, 


 where those collecting CERB make more money sitting at home than working (I’ve confirmed this with several restaurants who have staff that refuse to come back to work).

 

 

Opening up too soon is resulting in hundreds of needless deaths in countries around the world. I prefer the B.C. way of doing things

 

People making more on CERB just shines a light on the fact that those people were underpaid by their current employer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...