The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Could've just took a pic inside a grocery store - to me that's the ultimate barometer.  How many people are covering up inside when social distancing cannot be guaranteed?  I went to Save-on last night(BC) and I say 33% had a mask on.  I noticed a lot of people think we're in the clear and that's simply not the case.

I can admit the only place I have worn a mask is Costco and thats because they offered me one at the door.  Its never been mandatory so I haven't brought around my mask from my shop and no places I have been to have enforced it.  Now I do still try and avoid as many close encounters as possible when I am in the stores. 

3 hours ago, coastal.view said:

good thing i have him on iggy

but i'm sure kos will have a lot to say

about yet another glaring failure by our local health authorities

One death in our region to covid is not evidence of any failure by our medical system.   

Edited by kingofsurrey

Unbelievable. Vancouver Lifeguards are going to be wearing PPE, and they’re outdoors.

Maybe we should get them to advocate for teachers? Tell me again how it’s perfectly safe to have hundreds of people in a school building for hours with no PPE? https://vancouverisawesome.com/vancouver-news/outdoor-pools-summer-season-vancouver-2453588 #bced #bcpoli

From twitter...

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

BC Legislature got a new  hand sanitizing station installed right  in front entry for its reopening....

My kids school got nothing......

Isn't that the school's fault? Why not phone the school and do something about it? Anyone can complain about, but it no one does anything about it then nothing gets done. Don't just blame the government for a local issue.

In fact, how about this? I'm going to hold you accountable if you don't call up the school about it. You clearly want something done about it yes? I want to know you are a man of action rather than someone who just complains about it like everyone else.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Isn't that the school's fault? Why not phone the school and do something about it? Anyone can complain about, but it no one does anything about it then nothing gets done. Don't just blame the government for a local issue.

In fact, how about this? I'm going to hold you accountable if you don't call up the school about it. You clearly want something done about it yes? I want to know you are a man of action rather than someone who just complains about it like everyone else.

BC government did not provide any additional  funding for any BC  schools to impliment  any covid PPE safety measures..

Are our children not worth protecting from Covid ?

You seem like a person that refuses to question authourity.....  that is  a dangerous way to live.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

BC government did not provide any additional  funding for any BC  schools to impliment  any covid PPE safety measures..

Are our children not worth protecting from Covid ?

You seem like a person that refuses to question authourity.....  that is  a dangerous way to live.....

I'm not refusing the question authority. I'm refusing the sit on my butt and listen to people who are all talk and no do.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

I'm not refusing the question authority. I'm refusing the sit on my butt and listen to people who are all talk and no do.

Then why are you. reading an  online  discussion forum....  LOL 

You do realize what a discussion is... right ?  OK, i will help you out.  

dis·cus·sion
/dəˈskəSH(ə)n/

noun

1. the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
    "the proposals are not a blueprint but ideas for discussion"
    • a conversation or debate about a certain topic.

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Then why are you. reading an  online  discussion forum....  LOL 

You do realize what a discussion is... right ?  OK, i will help you out.  

dis·cus·sion
/dəˈskəSH(ə)n/

noun

1. the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
    "the proposals are not a blueprint but ideas for discussion"
    • a conversation or debate about a certain topic.

Go phone your school and fix the problem dude. lol

It's not hard. Or are you just as bad as the government you speak of? If your kid's health less of a concern than a government debate?

Look. I just want to see action happening here. That's the point. If you're just going to keep complaining about it (especially when you clearly can take action with little effort in this case) then this whole thing is silly in my opinion.

I have every good intention here. Phone them! At least complain to the school.

Edited by The Lock

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Look. I just want to see action happening here. That's the point. If you're just going to keep complaining about it (especially when you clearly can take action with little effort in this case) then this whole thing is silly in my opinion.

I have every good intention here. Phone them! At least complain to the school.

Hoping BCTF members and spouses....   85,000 BC voters.

I guess the NDP does not need any of these votes next election.  

• Wat 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Hoping BCTF members and spouses....   85,000 BC voters.

I guess the NDP does not need any of these votes next election.  

So then you're just going to sit there and do nothing after all that?

Sad.

• Like 1