Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


CBH1926

Recommended Posts

In the past week, Mounties have issued seven $1,200 tickets to Americans violating public health orders in Banff National Park.

Cpl. Deanna Fontaine said Sunday that she could only speak to six of the seven tickets issued, noting they were in the Lake Louise area.

 

 

On June 16, RCMP responded to a complaint about an American-plated vehicle “parked at a location for a significant amount of time.” Upon investigation, police issued four tickets to the American citizens from the vehicle for contravening the order of the medical officer of health.

 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7091316/americans-visit-banff-national-park-tickets/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

In the past week, Mounties have issued seven $1,200 tickets to Americans violating public health orders in Banff National Park.

Cpl. Deanna Fontaine said Sunday that she could only speak to six of the seven tickets issued, noting they were in the Lake Louise area.

 

 

On June 16, RCMP responded to a complaint about an American-plated vehicle “parked at a location for a significant amount of time.” Upon investigation, police issued four tickets to the American citizens from the vehicle for contravening the order of the medical officer of health.

 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7091316/americans-visit-banff-national-park-tickets/

Probably the same people reported to have gotten through the border by claiming they were driving to Alaska....  <_<

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Yes that is important to keep in mind. It could have been worse... and may well be in Phase2 if people become lax.

 

I may speak from a place of frustration here sometimes but I abide by the all recommendations for BC. I haven't seen my grandparents for many months since this pandemic and one of them died from cancer during this time. 2020 freakin sucks.

I hear you.  My wife and I do everything according to the PHA recommendations... and we live on the island where there is zero known active cases. 

The moment we, as a collective society, let up from the progress we have made is when the 2nd wave will hit us.  Likely worse than before.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I hear you.  My wife and I do everything according to the PHA recommendations... and we live on the island where there is zero known active cases. 

The moment we, as a collective society, let up from the progress we have made is when the 2nd wave will hit us.  Likely worse than before.

Toronto. Went for a walk to Best Buy downtown. An accumulated list of a few needed products.

 

Decided to count who had masks and who didn’t.


 

I counted 465 people walking toward me. I did not bother with the other side of the street, or people who were behind me. 292 did not wear a mask. 173 had a mask on.
 

About 63% of people are not wearing masks. 
 

Down from an estimate of 90-95% three weeks ago, now, 37% wear masks.

 

(edit) obviously the numbers were corrected lol
 

Edited by Me_
  • Wat 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Yes that is important to keep in mind. It could have been worse... and may well be in Phase2 if people become lax.

 

I may speak from a place of frustration here sometimes but I abide by the all recommendations for BC. I haven't seen my grandparents for many months since this pandemic and one of them died from cancer during this time. 2020 freakin sucks.

I'm really sorry to hear about your Grandparent...it's horrible to be kept apart during times when we really need to be together.

 

My sincere condolences.

  • Sedinery 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Toronto. Went for a walk to Best Buy downtown. An accumulated list of a few needed products.

 

Decided to count who had masks and who didn’t.


 

I counted 465 people walking toward me. I did not bother with the other side of the street, or people who were behind me. 362 did not wear a mask. 292 had a mask on.
 

About 63% of people are not wearing masks. 
 

Down from an estimate on 90-95% three weeks ago, now, 37% wear masks.
 

math

your numbers do not add up

where did the other people come from

that you added in but did not count as walking towards you ?

(adding in people you saw on tv attending the trump rally is unfair :P)

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, gurn said:

could be a touch of dyslexia, as the individual numbers in the total are fine, just in bad order

Yes, or it might be what I suffer from sometime, that's typelexia. The word I had most trouble typing was "results", where I got the "ul" reversed to "lu". I didn't go over so well on a report card when I was trying to say, "You're daughter could have better results if....." and, I reversed it. Sigh....  My last trip, so far, to the Principal's office!

Edited by wloutet
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Lost my grandma on May 31. Knew it was coming but didn’t make it any easier. I managed to get one socially distanced visit on Mother’s Day when she was out of hospital but it sucked nonetheless. Just a really helpless feeling. 

I think the worst part of the covid crisis is that the very elderly that only have a short time left with family.... can be stuck in care with no visitors...

 

This is so brutal for them and their loved ones.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Toronto. Went for a walk to Best Buy downtown. An accumulated list of a few needed products.

 

Decided to count who had masks and who didn’t.


 

I counted 465 people walking toward me. I did not bother with the other side of the street, or people who were behind me. 292 did not wear a mask. 173 had a mask on.
 

About 63% of people are not wearing masks. 
 

Down from an estimate of 90-95% three weeks ago, now, 37% wear masks.

 

(edit) obviously the numbers were corrected lol
 

Could've just took a pic inside a grocery store - to me that's the ultimate barometer.  How many people are covering up inside when social distancing cannot be guaranteed?  I went to Save-on last night(BC) and I say 33% had a mask on.  I noticed a lot of people think we're in the clear and that's simply not the case.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Could've just took a pic inside a grocery store - to me that's the ultimate barometer.  How many people are covering up inside when social distancing cannot be guaranteed?  I went to Save-on last night(BC) and I say 33% had a mask on.  I noticed a lot of people think we're in the clear and that's simply not the case.

Yeah... same. 
Second wave is gonna hit hard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Yes, or it might be what I suffer from sometime, that's typelexia. The word I had most trouble typing was "results", where I got the "ul" reversed to "lu". I didn't go over so well on a report card when I was trying to say, "You're daughter could have better results if....." and, I reversed it. Sigh....  My last trip, so far, to the Principal's office!

I taught in a program where I printed out a certificate for every course they finished while in the program.  I was horrified to find out for lord knows how long I had been handing out Certificates of "Competion"... ...the irony in the typo was not lost on me.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...