The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Children unlikely to pass COVID-19 to each other, says provincial health officer

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/children-unlikely-to-pass-covid-19-to-each-other-says-provincial-health-officer/ar-BB15Tsbn

"For young children in particular, they don't seem to be as affected by it. They don't seem to have as severe illnesses, and they don't seem to pass it on to adults as effectively," said Henry.

"Most of the transmission to children has been from a family member, from an adult to a child, in those close family-contact situations."

"That is reassuring to us, [but] it's never absolute. You do need to be careful, and you need to make sure that if your children are going out, going to school, going to play dates, summer camps, make sure to check them, to make sure they're not sick, to keep their groups small," she said.

Take it for what it's worth.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Golfers like us want to make sure we get as many strokes for our money as possible! Why only get 68 stokes when, for the same money, you can get 120 strokes?

That's like bowling.  Why roll 1 ball per frame when I can roll 2 balls per frame?

Lol.

:P

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wloutet said:

Golfers like us want to make sure we get as many strokes for our money as possible! Why only get 68 stokes when, for the same money, you can get 120 strokes?

I have to admit, the six pack that I usually carry in my bag, might have something to do with it....

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Probably the best example of what happens when your population is led by an ignorant, entitled and greedy egomaniac vs when they work together for the greater good.

FTFY^_^

24 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Phase 3 looks like a go

Yep. Good stuff. Osoyoos here I come. 

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/phase-3 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-bc-phase-three-john-horgan-1.5625598 

B.C. to allow 'careful' travel within province as it eases more COVID-19 restrictions under Phase 3

Edited by Chicken.

48 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

:lol:

I'm going to assume that they picked the 4 dumbest people who spoke, but it is a bit frightening that people like that are walking around.....raising kids....voting....

Still, it is Florida.....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Yep. Good stuff. Osoyoos here I come. 

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/phase-3 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-bc-phase-three-john-horgan-1.5625598 

B.C. to allow 'careful' travel within province as it eases more COVID-19 restrictions under Phase 3

Are you kidding me... the Albertans have been pouring in for weeks. Seems to me we have been able to travel in Western Canada all along. 

• Cheers 4

22 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Are you kidding me... the Albertans have been pouring in for weeks. Seems to me we have been able to travel in Western Canada all along. 

theres always been some local conjecture regarding Albertans 'fishin mission 'to the north coast ,being of absolutely no benefit locally?   I recently witnessed an altercation between a local and an Albertan with camper towing his rather nice jet boat in front of safeway . camped out during business hours , pretty nervy,  not in the painted lanes  but across them. when asked about self quarantine both him and his wife were like, we did that twice in ft mac with the last couple of shift changes,:picard:   only to have wife karen slam the camper door saying f__k bc . removing any possibility of their existence being some kind of benefit to us.

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Individualism over collectivism. People can't be inconvenienced the slightest for the sake of the community. I'm surprised it worked out so well here considering there are plenty of people like that around here too. 

It's going to be the downfall of our society. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm going to assume that they picked the 4 dumbest people who spoke, but it is a bit frightening that people like that are walking around.....raising kids....voting....

Still, it is Florida.....

The latest joke is you Google "Florida man" and your birthday and see what you come up with.

When I did mine, I came up with "Florida Man Asks Walmart Employee For ‘Anything That Would Kill 200 People’" :lol:

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

The latest joke is you Google "Florida man" and your birthday and see what you come up with.

When I did mine, I came up with "Florida Man Asks Walmart Employee For ‘Anything That Would Kill 200 People’" :lol:

I got “Florida man tries to break into car filled with cops.”

• Haha 2