The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

So dumb, I've worn those clothed masks and it was very hard for me to breathe in tbh but that's no reason to be extremely insensitive.  Like i said from the get-go, give me a mask and i'll come into work - Now masks are mandatory.  I have no problem wearing the surgical masks and I will continue to do so whenever I am out in public.  To me it's no biggie and never do I think it's a shot to my rights.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

what a smug pos. 

It's mind boggling that people would protest wearing a mask for the benefit of public safety

I think it's perhaps the greatest demonstration of how broken the US is that wearing a mask for the safety of your fellow citizens during a pandemic is now a political statement. By wearing or not wearing a mask, it's a tacit admission of how you'll be voting in November. It's beyond f***ed up.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

So dumb, I've worn those clothed masks and it was very hard for me to breathe in tbh but that's no reason to be extremely insensitive.  Like i said from the get-go, give me a mask and i'll come into work - Now masks are mandatory.  I have no problem wearing the surgical masks and I will continue to do so whenever I am out in public.  To me it's no biggie and never do I think it's a shot to my rights.  

Saw a tweet the other day that framed it as a sort of Pascal's wager. Best case scenario, I wear a mask and I might be saving lives. Worst case scenario, I wear a mask and my breathing is slightly hindered for short periods of time. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I think it's perhaps the greatest demonstration of how broken the US is that wearing a mask for the safety of your fellow citizens during a pandemic is now a political statement. By wearing or not wearing a mask, it's a tacit admission of how you'll be voting in November. It's beyond f***ed up.

Wait until a vaccine is found (if it ever will be).  There's going to vast numbers of people (not just in the US but other places like Canada) who will refuse to be vaccinated. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Wait until a vaccine is found (if it ever will be).  There's going to vast numbers of people (not just in the US but other places like Canada) who will refuse to be vaccinated. 

Bill Gates and the deep state want to use it to plant tracking chips in us and control the population! All the while, they've been carrying a tracking device in their pocket for years.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I have friends who say they will refuse a vaccine because it's a big conspiracy..........smart friends who should know better

• Upvote 1

The number of Americans who have been infected with the novel coronavirus is likely 10 times higher than the 2.3 million confirmed cases, according to the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In a call with reporters Thursday, CDC Director Robert Redfield said, “Our best estimate right now is that for every case that’s reported, there actually are 10 other infections.”

Redfield said the estimate is based on blood samples collected from across the country that look for the presence of antibodies to the virus. For every confirmed case of covid-19, 10 more people had antibodies, Redfield said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/06/25/coronavirus-cases-10-times-larger/

36 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Saw a tweet the other day that framed it as a sort of Pascal's wager. Best case scenario, I wear a mask and I might be saving lives. Worst case scenario, I wear a mask and my breathing is slightly hindered for short periods of time. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind the clothed masks if I am just going to the store but an 8hr day of moving around it impairs my breathing - if surgical masks are available I rather just wear those at work.  

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Not crazy about the vaccine tbh but if it's the only way to combat this #$%^ then so be it - hook it to my veins!  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Not crazy about the vaccine tbh but if it's the only way to combat this #$%^ then so be it - hook it to my veins!  

I'm honestly not baiting you.........what's your concern with a vaccine?

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

As long it's not something being peddled by the Trump administration, I'd gladly take a vaccine.   My only hope is that the vaccine doesn't come out until that greedy, profiteering clown is out of office.

Edited by skolozsy2
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Everyone should be concerned with what gets put into your body.  Any vaccine can have side effects, though most are mild there are ultra-rare cases of allergic reactions.  This is not a 'man the government is going to track my thoughts' apprehension, just a wait and see approach.  For all I know I already had it(Covid not the vac.).  

• Vintage 1

Australia, once nearly free of coronavirus, reports worst case surge in 2 months

https://globalnews.ca/news/7105927/australia-coronavirus-new-cases/

Australia’s second most populous state is deploying ambulances and mobile test centres in a coronavirus testing blitz, and will use the military in quarantine operations, as the country recorded the biggest daily rise in cases in two months.

7 minutes ago, trek said:

Today's update from BC had a teacher in Fraser Health region test positive. KOS is going to be pissed.

Nope, Just makes me sad.

Luckily BC parents are smart and  generally refused to send their kids back under the no PPE conditions.....    

• Cheers 1